Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: iPhone 4s game issue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default iPhone 4s game issue

Hello guys and gals! I upgraded to the 4s yesterday, from the iPhone 4, and now I'm having in game issues. I'm hoping one of you have experienced this. I just don't know if it's something with the 4s that I don't know about.

!. After entering town from login (balefort castle) as soon as I start moving, it seems to lag (not really lag, but like a game hiccup every 2 or 3 seconds) ping is normal, right around 80-130. I have traveled to different cities, areas with the same issue. Here is what I have tried:

!. Hard reset device
    !. Different wifi, switched to 3G
    !. iCloud is turned off
    !. Read somewhere about adjusting the brightness, but that didn't do anything to help
    ! Turned off HQ in game, as well as sound
    !. Turned off notifications, location services and Siri
    !. Turned off push email
    !. I just reinstalled the game, while nothing was running and all apps were closed.

I am lost guys. I searched the forums, but haven't found a cure. So i do apologize for the monotony of this issue. Game ran just fine on the iPhone 4, but I can't figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

Yes I know exactly what you are talking bout but have not figured out how to fix it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

All I can say is u r not alone. It is a lil annoying but u will get use to it. My 3s performs a lil better but the graphics on 4s are way better!

Gl with finding a cure. I know range made a thread about this few months ago, maybe check it out. May I'll go check it out again :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

its same on my 3GS since i made the upgrade to ios ver. 5.0
    but i didnt care anymore since i use only ipad for PL
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I appreciate the replies. I have done everything I know to do. Sometimes it's like I am running insanely low FPS. Just really choppy and un enjoyable. If I find a fix (I myself think this is going to have to be a STS fix) I will let y'all know.

6.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Thanks for the head's up. I'll see if there is something we know about here - several have 4S iPhones and I'm not aware of a known problem.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Thanks for the head's up. I'll see if there is something we know about here - several have 4S iPhones and I'm not aware of a known problem.
    Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. Hopefully, you can come up with something. Thanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I did some research recently, after starting to experience severe lag problems on my iPad1 a few weeks ago. It started to be quite noticeable in PL play after one of their updates but I am not sure that PL is really the problem. I was already having problems with typing lags and dead time while apps were opening. After hours of reading comments on different forums, I have concluded that iOS 5 may be the issue. I turned off all my notifications and location services which seemed to help but I still experience a sluggishness in game play that is frustrating - all at the same time I have wonderful ping. I do wonder, since i updated my iOS some time ago with no adverse results in gameplay other than slow transition times to maps and typing problems, if PL had done something in one of their last updates that just doesn't play nice with the iOS 5 on older Apple devices?

It was all playing so very nice and then suddenly went bad. I am now dying so much (more than usual) that a guild friend just loaned me his entire crafted Sanguine dagger set so I could have better armor. Now I can ride out the slow-mo with a chance of better survivability :-)

I am so disappointed with Apple's response to this problem with sluggishness on the iPad - it is not just playing PL- it's all my apps! I hope that maybe Spacetime will find some tweak to make playing on this crap iOS better but mostly I just plan on buying the new iPad 3 when it goes into production. Rumors of an announcement in March.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm just lost for a conclusion. I have never experienced any problems on multiple iOS 5 iPhone 4 devices and an iPad 2. Not until Saturday, when I bought the 4s iPhone, did I experience an issue. And the best I can describe it, is playing a game with low FPS. It's terrible and not fun to play with. I appreciate the reply, maybe we can get this situated one day soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by memorybox View Post
    Hello guys and gals! I upgraded to the 4s yesterday, from the iPhone 4, and now I'm having in game issues. I'm hoping one of you have experienced this. I just don't know if it's something with the 4s that I don't know about.

!. After entering town from login (balefort castle) as soon as I start moving, it seems to lag (not really lag, but like a game hiccup every 2 or 3 seconds) ping is normal, right around 80-130. I have traveled to different cities, areas with the same issue. Here is what I have tried:
    !. Hard reset device
    !. Different wifi, switched to 3G
    !. iCloud is turned off
    !. Read somewhere about adjusting the brightness, but that didn't do anything to help
    ! Turned off HQ in game, as well as sound
    !. Turned off notifications, location services and Siri
    !. Turned off push email
    !. I just reinstalled the game, while nothing was running and all apps were closed.

I am lost guys. I searched the forums, but haven't found a cure. So i do apologize for the monotony of this issue. Game ran just fine on the iPhone 4, but I can't figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Hmm... Too new lol? Maybe play some other games to see do they have the same problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I recently got a 4S as well and immediately noticed the same problem. I believe that Parth created a thread a few months ago detailing the same thing for him.

It's not that the game lags, but it severely "hiccups" anytime there is a lot going on, on the screen. Like everyone doing spells at the same time or getting hit by a bunch of stuff. It was initially very annoying in PVP. I had a bit of success by going in to the settings for PL and turning off "High Quality" i think it says. Then a lot of the interesting graphics go away, but it doesn't seem as choppy (it still lags some). I can switch back to my iPhone 4 and it works fine. So it seems to be isolated to the 4S.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post
    I recently got a 4S as well and immediately noticed the same problem. I believe that Parth created a thread a few months ago detailing the same thing for him.

It's not that the game lags, but it severely "hiccups" anytime there is a lot going on, on the screen. Like everyone doing spells at the same time or getting hit by a bunch of stuff. It was initially very annoying in PVP. I had a bit of success by going in to the settings for PL and turning off "High Quality" i think it says. Then a lot of the interesting graphics go away, but it doesn't seem as choppy (it still lags some). I can switch back to my iPhone 4 and it works fine. So it seems to be isolated to the 4S.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue. Unfortunately, I can't get use to it. It's like a nat that won't go away, haha! I hope there is a fix soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Seems to be worse when a lot of things are goin on, like what was said before. Still trying to test and see if I can figure out a common thing to narrow down. Like in the sewers it's really bad. I can submit a video if any dev needs or wants them. Just let me know any location or multiple locations you would like for me to video. Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I sense three solutions:

a) Get an Android
    b) Ask Siri
    c) Write your own iOS 6.0