Thread: Response to my last thread

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thumbs up Response to my last thread

I totally agree that mods are needed but i really wouldnt see it fair nor right for oldies to become mods but i would see it fair if the devs were to ask trusted members or atleast mature members to help control the forums ... There not as bad as i made them out to be in my first post but as band said they are deteriorating and it dose need to be addressed .. like i personally love this game and love the forum but i dislike the amount of spam posts and mean / cheeky / troll comments that people leave when someone new is asking for some sort of help ...

I used to always be nice to noobs ... i would always help in game and on the forums to answer questions and help them do missions but i just dont see as many people who respect the new people anymore and this dose get brought back again to the oldies who all knew how to respect each other and the noobs ... i was welcomed with open arms into this forum by some of the originals and then i became one of the originals and i fell not only honoured but sooo privileged to have been one of the originals ...

The devs get thanked all the time but i truley mean this from the bottom of my heart that i am soo happy to not only part of this game but part of this community that this game has created and by the devs creating this game it has allowed me to meet so many cool new people but also a fair share of assholes but no forum is perfect ... but i digress i just really want to thank the devs for everything that they have done and will do because they really did create a game that i will never forget as when i joined i never felt so welcome in an mmorpg before and i hope that they can continue to create that sense of welcomness ( i know its not a word ) to all new people who arrive in these forums

So from the bottom of my heart devs .. Cheers

I will continue to use the forums but i would love to see some sort of community involvment in moderation and or control ( just my opinion ) =) !

Your king

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Totally agree with everything dude oldies arnt the only ones that are mature and respectful...

EDIT: We should start a petition or something
    Last edited by Cascade; 08-03-2010 at 08:01 PM.

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I always think a tutor test would be fair where there is basically a test with say 40 questions and you must answer 39 out of 40 right and then you become a tutor who has very limited powers but is someone noobs can actually point there questions towards =) ... you could have a tutors forum where noobs could ask questions and when they made a new post it wouldn't show up in the new posts as to lessen the spam but it would be the tutors responsibility to check or maybe they could even get notifications when a new post was entered ...

I dounno something simple which can give the community more involvement can make a huge difference !

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Dude yeah I love that idea not to much power but enough to even it out and help the community keep its balance and help noobs out! Excellent the devs really need to read this you should PM that idea to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

How about a guild of trainers, made of helpful oldies. They could give boot camps. You could take 4 newbies into low dungeons and actually teach them how to pull, how to avoid being hit if you are ranged, etc. then at middle levels, how to stagger buffs, how NOT to pull mobs, how to form a pocket, etc. A guild could do it, and the questionaire could be needed for guild membership.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

Eh, idk we really need to work on the forums for now...1.3 should be good for a while....While we work on the forums....Hopefully the devs will work on the forums at lest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I don't believe mods are needed. The devs are constantly active, even in the douche box (atleast, Justg is). The problem seems to be that the devs are way too forgiving. I mean, how in Satan's domain did Gwen get away with using two accounts to spam the douche box? AND, Justg knew that Celest was Gwen the whole time, and didn't do anything about it for quite some time. It took a second flame war, Royce and Vulgar against Celest, to get her a permanent ban.

Also, laquint. He shouldn't have lasted as long as he did. He was blatantly trolling from the moment he began frequenting the forum, and it should have been taken of earlier.

They just need to step-up the hammer time meter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

They the devs are too nice they shouldn't hesitate to ban people....They arnt obeying? Give them a warning they do it again? Ban hammer for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Well, I think they DO fast bans on anyone who is blatantly racist or otherwise deliberately violates the TOS, but they seem to be more tolerant with people who are just annoying to a fault. But the people who get banned go to the iTunes store and put up bad reviews. Have you ever read the reviews at iTunes store? Lotsa whiners there. Some even admit that they were banned. So, I guess, being annoying isn't really a good enough reason to ban. Someone actually has to violate the terms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Oldies should become mods...:
    Mrbanana,Fathomgen,Mrluffy,Pleasemenow,Expiired,Mr sluffy

Whoever found this post helpful vote up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree completely with this thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

i think if i was a mod id be to nice like the devs and not ban anyone, but it would still be cool i guess :P