Thread: 10, 20, even 40 man raids?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 10, 20, even 40 man raids?

Im not sure if this has been discussed, but would it even be possible for sts to implement a 10, 20 even 40 man raid such as some of the popular desktop mmorpgs have included, maybe even larger pvp maps with capture the zone themes? I would love to see this implemented as the replay value will increase 1000 fold. I hope other SL and PL players agree and will rally with me on this subject!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

That would be cool. But imagine the lag of up to 40 players firing off skills.

Also, what would be raided?

Go more in depth with your suggestion.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well one of the big lures in a few popular mmorpgs was downing a massive boss with a large party as most of you probably know, very difficult to accomplish, leaves even better gear, epic/legendary for the party/guild. Even bigger than that was the constant updating of new dungeons with even harder bosses every few months ie WoW, like here a 40 man raid downing dragon Nefarian of black wing lair. The exclusivity of downing the massive new boss was known just by the gear itself worn proudly by guilds in town. SL is pretty much the game I have chosen to play exclusively, since ive been looking for a mmorpg that fits my playing style, genre, graphics, and accessiblity is perfect. Ive been searching and hoping for a game that could include larger raids, even a 10 man raid at most would be great imo. If there are areas such as ucs blackstar and other bases with over 20+ in at a time simultaneously trading chatting emoting, would STS be able to include even a 10 man raid? Whos with me on this? I recently met a player in SL who reminisced about the old days playing runescape back when it was 2d, and he told me about his persistence and knowledge of creating beer in real life, helped put the creation of beer into the actual runescape game, and that was a big release in the game for a little while. Could we somehow use this knowledge to help shape how future raids/dungeons are made for Star Legends, more EPIC Bosses, and Epic Gear, its a win win situation imo. the only question is does sts have the means to do so and would they be willing to?

Name:  Nefarion Dead.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  107.1 KB
    Last edited by rapturerobb; 02-22-2012 at 07:05 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Good idea guys, they could just imply one lvl at a time, let's say like a PvP map with a massive monster in it and let's say around up to 20 players can tackle. Would be epic.
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I like this idea, but I have a few concerns. For one, hardware of peoples devices, could this be done on older devices, or would it force people to upgrade all the time to the latest and greatest device, or suffer lag, or even worse make it unplayable? I have noticed big lag in numa, running thru the section with the miners cutting rocks, only npc's and a group of 5 players and it lags heavy. When I run thru solo, it only lags a little bit if at all. Not sure if its my device or the load on the game, probably my device. Most computer games have minimum requirements to run properly. I find apps in market now that I cannot get to load because they are ahead of my device, it just won't do it.

Another concern is if this were implemented, would it take a large portion of what could be in the game for 1monster, and the ability of ma (total space overall for the game) I am pretty ignorant when it comes to programming, so I really have no clue if something like that could be done for handhelds. But I feel like programming space is not infinite in this format to remain playable on these devices.

Now, I do like this idea alot. Maybe a limited time event separate from the rest of the maps, or even a separate app for only this, could fix my concerns if they even are issues. This idea should be explored throughly to see if it is possible with this format.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

You mean...
    If you wanna lvl there is no hosting and there is only one game?
    Like not lots of B* but 1 B* with all people in it who is in town? It's confusing sure....but thats how I roll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well my reasoning would be since over 20 characters are all interacting, chatting, emoting, stashing, trading, auctioning etc, in a single ucs blackstar, and using skills, without unplayable lag, wouldnt it be possible to implement the same features but against a single boss, no long dungeon either, maybe just 15 men enter the raid and tackle a boss for a chance at vanitys loot and legendary gear would make end game content well at least imo never ending and could keep guilds together in the long run and keep coming back for more. also why not use larger pvp maps just as big as say, a voleria run, but not linear but all spread out with capture the base themes? and also another strong Idea that I had was possibly requesting to duel another player rather than having to deal with rushers, being accused of rushing, misunderstandings etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

I like the idea! It would probably make people lag to death or the app could crash (or force close, whatever you may call it).
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

With the first quad-core phones entering the market and the app size expansion up to 4Gb in appstore (and android) it seems we could see such feature implemented this or next year
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    With the first quad-core phones entering the market and the app size expansion up to 4Gb in appstore (and android) it seems we could see such feature implemented this or next year
    totaly agreed bro.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

think about the ppl that has low memory phones (well im not one of em so im cool w/ ur idea) just saying. cus "WoW" and other games like that only can be performed in the laptop or pc because how much space it kills lol..
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Play as if it's your last.
    Because in the End, You will face Judgement

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

i think you're forgetting is dungeons have mobs too. So 20 ppl at base, could fit in a dungeon yes. But that would mean 20 + X enemies.
    Most phones will loose framerate when 5 players n 5+ enemies start using spam skills. it will be worse when more players will join.

Even now there are quad-core phones and tablets, they are still no match for a pc (pc even have quad/dual-core AND heavy-graphics-card cpu's), which have heavy cooling features. cpu's are turned down in phones to prevent heating issues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rapturerobb View Post
    Well one of the big lures in a few popular mmorpgs was downing a massive boss with a large party as most of you probably know, very difficult to accomplish, leaves even better gear, epic/legendary for the party/guild. Even bigger than that was the constant updating of new dungeons with even harder bosses every few months ie WoW, like here a 40 man raid downing dragon Nefarian of black wing lair. The exclusivity of downing the massive new boss was known just by the gear itself worn proudly by guilds in town. SL is pretty much the game I have chosen to play exclusively, since ive been looking for a mmorpg that fits my playing style, genre, graphics, and accessiblity is perfect. Ive been searching and hoping for a game that could include larger raids, even a 10 man raid at most would be great imo. If there are areas such as ucs blackstar and other bases with over 20+ in at a time simultaneously trading chatting emoting, would STS be able to include even a 10 man raid? Whos with me on this? I recently met a player in SL who reminisced about the old days playing runescape back when it was 2d, and he told me about his persistence and knowledge of creating beer in real life, helped put the creation of beer into the actual runescape game, and that was a big release in the game for a little while. Could we somehow use this knowledge to help shape how future raids/dungeons are made for Star Legends, more EPIC Bosses, and Epic Gear, its a win win situation imo. the only question is does sts have the means to do so and would they be willing to?

Name:  Nefarion Dead.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  107.1 KB
    lol omg it's World of Warcraft xD sorry, I just had to say it.

SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ardon View Post
    That would be cool. But imagine the lag of up to 40 players firing off skills.

Also, what would be raided?

Go more in depth with your suggestion.
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

I think making it accecable for like 8-10 players would be funn.
    And make everything bigger.

Sts has already made it easier for their game to grow and the file size increased,
    We just need new content.
    I am sure oneeee day we will get more features.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That would be Sooooooooooooooo epic. Awesome idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tearacan View Post
    Even now there are quad-core phones and tablets, they are still no match for a pc (pc even have quad/dual-core AND heavy-graphics-card cpu's), which have heavy cooling features. cpu's are turned down in phones to prevent heating issues.

That's not quite correct...

The new NVIDIA Tegra chipset combines quad cores AND grafix subprocessor capable enough to run WoW
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

To be honest, I think sts will have difficult time doing like a 20 or 40 man raid because of the space on the devices screen itself. I'm not sure about a 10-man, but it would be nice. And if 20 or40-man raid, I think that should only be on Chrome because of the space on the screen.

SL: Ark;Misfit;Sleepingpills;Hugster // DL: Ark // AL: Ark // PL: Ark
    [Retired Player]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

i think its a great idea but i would say 10-8 members is best, and i posted in a thread like this somewhere sugesting 10 man raids for better loot so im all for it! i want some new content is sl already because its getting boring and DL did not help... no need to get into that

Great idea!