Thread: IPad help please! :)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Default IPad help please! :)

I bought an IPad today, and when I plug it in, it says "Not Charging" in the top right hand corner, and I have tried 2 different chargers. Sorry for posting here, but Yahoo Answers weren't any help. Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

oftentimes, when connected to an old USB that doesn't have the same power as the iPad, it will say not charging. sometimes, however, it actually is charging. sometimes. plug it in and see if the battery goes up after thirty minutes or so. I have a very new computer and I use a regular outlet instead of a USB most of the time so I have no general issues. if all fails and you NEED to charge on USB try buying an upgraded hardware/ software.
    My Name is Vulgarstrike, SilentCries, Ordinary, Attractive, Investment
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post
    you should be able to have some fun
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnInfinity View Post
    Ahhhhhh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When connected to a computer it will say not charging but leave it on sleep mode and it will charge. Or plug it into the charger.
    PL : Elar - 56 Bird | Jiabli - 55 Mage | Signos - 55 Bear | Nisrok - 21 Bear | Hedice - 21 Bird
    SL : Elar - 25 Operative | Formora - 25 Commando | Signos - 13 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Apple compares it to the refrigerator light. When it is attached by USB to a computer, and the big main screen is on, it isn't charging... supposedly... but it is actually charging very slowly. When the screen is off, it is charging faster, and if you could see it, the icon would have a lightning bolt on it. In other words, when the fridge is closed, the light is off, but you can't see it. Same for the iPad. When the screen goes dark, it is charging.

Use the charger that came with your iPad when you want a faster charge-up. It's really the best way. The computer doesn't put out that much current, but the adapter does. Then you'll see the lightning bolt on your icon. That is so strong, it charges even as you play a graphically intense game like this, or watch movies.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    Apple compares it to the refrigerator light. When it is attached by USB to a computer, and the big main screen is on, it isn't charging... supposedly... but it is actually charging very slowly. When the screen is off, it is charging faster, and if you could see it, the icon would have a lightning bolt on it. In other words, when the fridge is closed, the light is off, but you can't see it. Same for the iPad. When the screen goes dark, it is charging.

Use the charger that came with your iPad when you want a faster charge-up. It's really the best way. The computer doesn't put out that much current, but the adapter does. Then you'll see the lightning bolt on your icon. That is so strong, it charges even as you play a graphically intense game like this, or watch movies.
    Got a hint for iPad users who might not have known this. If you take the charger comes with the iPad and pop of the prongs (it is designed to do this), you will see a very familiar plug socket that can be used to extend the iPad charger for playing games (such as Pocket Legend, perhaps).

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?