Thread: A New Insight - Read if you dare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Default A New Insight - Read if you dare.

Interesting.. Extremely interesting...

If you care for the future of (STS) gaming, and you have about an hour spare (lol), read this...

http://www.worldofmidgard.com/womfor...php?f=3&t=2488

Quote of the day:
    -Stay faithful to your community and the community will come to you with money, stay faithful to money and the community that has it will leave.

Kenzor L16 Warrior | Proud
    Voii L16 Rogue | Officer
    Kenzzor L15 Sorcerer | of Vengeance

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenzor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

There are many valid points in that thread.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

I agree when I first read this I was like this Guy hit the nail on the head.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

IMO those wom only thing they want is money, look at that charge 10USD per change your forum name (LOL) and sell a dragon and it turns out you can only use in only1 character is a real scam.

And this is Off topic...
    Akamu lvl 41 Engineer / Araxu lvl 41 Comando / Axaru lvl 41 Operative.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Araxu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    264 Posts

Noob: A player that plays a game without taking the time to properly learn how to play, nor being receptive of feedback from better players, while blaming mistakes that they made on others in PvE and being a sore loser when they fail at PvP.
    LOVE IT xD
    Nothing related to any players or drug references because they already got me into trouble

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Araxu View Post
    IMO those wom only thing they want is money, look at that charge 10USD per change your forum name (LOL) and sell a dragon and it turns out you can only use in only1 character is a real scam.

And this is Off topic...
    Thats the first thing i saw on forums hehe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

In my opinion STS is not charging you its your choice to spend,the team just needs new inovations which i hope to see in DL. On the other hand WoM seems to be more unprofessional and more money demanding game as per i know.Though i maybe wrong so dont make an issue and never point on me coz idc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Araxu View Post

And this is Off topic...
    All of that is to support the development of the game. They're an indie company an need ways of getting money.

Name changes on sl and PL cost play and many other forums don't change your name at all. So that's not really a big deal IMO.

Mounts that are character locked is also common.

How about pl and sl?

Miners luck, pay per run events, pay per maps, best implants are plat, only pink shields are plat. I can go on and on. A business has to make money. Especially one that is starting out. You can't really call them a scam when there have also been questionable plat items from sts
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Not really wanting to debate the same things that's been debated a million times (Read through WoM thread in off-topic).

Point is: All free to play games are going to try to get money from you. The only time this becomes a big deal, is whenever you feel forced to buy something, or when the value does not meet the cost.

Paying $10 for a 1 time unique lava dragon, access to third beta, free download of semi-beta, etc seemed like a killer deal to me. So I didn't mind spending it.

I will pay any amount of money, as long as the content is worth the investment. That is usually the case with most people. If something is WORTH a certain amount of money to them, they will invest.

Don't jab people for charging money, jab them for charging money for content that is not worth the money it costs.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    Don't jab people for charging money, jab them for charging money for content that is not worth the money it costs.
    Nicely put.

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Going off topic on an off topic discussion-
    I'll be honest here, I paid for the lava dragon together with the beta. WoM was all the rage and people were hyped up for when it would come out, so was I.
    But, after I played it for a while until lvl 24, there was nothing really 'special' about the game. Yeah, I know its in Beta, but looking at the graphics/gameplay, I dont see how 'far' or how much better it can get. If you look at O&C and WoM, I dont know about you, but, apart from the recent hackings (which who knows, WoM might be in threat of in the future) O&C beats WoM's butt out of the ball park in terms of the interface and graphics.
    Since I already have the Beta, I'll see how it is when the full game comes out. If its another money drainer, I'll stick around here for a while.

the way to change the world is by doing one act of kindness at a time, care to buy some cookies?

PL: Zaltiar Lvl66| SL: Hellcharger/Alibi Lvl 41Com|Zaltiar Lvl38 Op| Warbringer 38