Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have the same problem with Vietnamese?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Unhappy Anyone have the same problem with Vietnamese?

During my life, I never really was in contact with Vietnamese people, but now at boarding school, I have to live with one for a whole year. We started off ok, but the more I got to know about him, the more I was annoyed and despised him. Before all you Vietnamese people come and flame me, let me make some clarifications. I'm asian myself raised up the american way, and I know not all vietnamese people are like this, but let me just explain my thoughts and reasons why I'm starting to hate him.

First off, my vietnamese roommate is probably the most stubborn person in the world. Don't get my wrong, he's very smart but I sometimes think he's retarded. I ask him to close the door politely every time he leave's to class or somewhere and he always replies with "no b*itch" or simply forgets if I don't ask him. And not only that, when ever I say something he replies with "your mum -insert dirty word here-". I'm not sure if he's trying to act cool or something, but he's acting like a complete douche and to be honest, 9/10 people who live in our dorm hate or think he is annoying.

Second reason, he is literally LOUD AS F*CK. Whether he's skipping down the hall or talking or interrupting, making an announcement, or shocks that normally don't set off other people. I swear, if you needed a microphone, he would be the human version. Even when he sleeps, he snores sooooo loud and screams when he sleep talks.

Third reason, the amount of unnecessary profanity he uses. He swears so much and when I was talking to my father and little brother on Skype, he was shouting "F*CK! F*CK MRS -INSERT FEMALE NAME- IN THE @$$! SH*T!" Seriously when I'm on Skype with my parents? Even after a few warnings and asking him to try not swear while I Skype my parents, he still throws in a few "sh*ts" and "f*cks".

Sorry if I offended anyone out there, I am just so mad after tonight, I was drinking my energy drink and my roommate comes along and fricken spills it all over my jacket, shirt, pants, and chair. I seriously think he has problems getting along with people.

Proud Member of AEO (PL) and Sparkling Pwnies (SL)!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Your problem is not with Vietnamese in general, but this one particular douche bag that just happens to be Vietnamese.

Anyway, the solution to your problem is to give him a good thrashing.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mackjack For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mackjack View Post
    Your problem is not with Vietnamese in general, but this one particular douche bag that just happens to be Vietnamese.

Anyway, the solution to your problem is to give him a good thrashing.
    I would love to do that, but it would be classified as "bullying" and then I would get kicked out of school. It's happened to other boarders before, and this guy actually wants me to leave somehow so he can have a single room.

And I'm also referring to his Facebook friends who comment on posts he tags me in. It seems as if they are trying to put me down and that he is better than me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

smh...can't cure stupid haha tell him I said that!!
    Kaytar

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Lol reason to post this on forums is?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

7. The Following User Says Thank You to razerfingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers:579766
    Lol reason to post this on forums is?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Venting, we all need to do it every now and then.

Ignore it and if need be confront him. If that doesn't work talk to whoever is in charge of your dorm, they might be able to do something (and if he tries to lie get a tape recorder and turn it on under your pillow all day, bet you'll catch him ;D).

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Venting, we all need to do it every now and then.

Ignore it and if need be confront him. If that doesn't work talk to whoever is in charge of your dorm, they might be able to do something (and if he tries to lie get a tape recorder and turn it on under your pillow all day, bet you'll catch him ;D).
    Thank you for advice. My mum even suggested me to talk to my dorm head to see whether I could swap roommates. I originally didn't want to vent, but after he spilled my energy drink on my stuff, I got really mad. I did manage to get him on tape saying the b word in his sleep talk lol. Next time he's rude, I'll talk to him. But whenever I try, he always says "yes mom" but actually never listens to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine:579782
    Thank you for advice. My mum even suggested me to talk to my dorm head to see whether I could swap roommates. I originally didn't want to vent, but after he spilled my energy drink on my stuff, I got really mad. I did manage to get him on tape saying the b word in his sleep talk lol. Next time he's rude, I'll talk to him. But whenever I try, he always says "yes mom" but actually never listens to me.
    Happy to help bud. Be proud, you have more self control than I do lol. If he had done that to me we would both be going to the hospital, but I would just need stitches in my hand

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Happy to help bud. Be proud, you have more self control than I do lol. If he had done that to me we would both be going to the hospital, but I would just need stitches in my hand
    Hehe, last time I had a fist fight at school, I ended up having a sore stomach when ever I swam for the next 2 weeks. Other than that, no major injuries >.<

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    It's happened to other boarders before, and this guy actually wants me to leave somehow so he can have a single room.

This is your answer.

He's trying to instigate something and make you break a rule so you'll be gone, which technically could be classified as bullying. If I were you, I'd turn the tables on him and use his own game against him.

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    This is your answer.

He's trying to instigate something and make you break a rule so you'll be gone, which technically could be classified as bullying. If I were you, I'd turn the tables on him and use his own game against him.
    I have no idea if he's joking or not, because other times he says he wants to kill me (rather than breaking a rule) which I'm guessing is a joke:s Last time he was repetitively shouting the s-word at night. The next morning I asked him about it and he said he did not remember anything at all. To me, he's really hard to understand what his real thoughts and feelings are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Not all Vietnamese people are like that. :P

I have a Vietnamese friend and he's a sweetheart

This guy here just sounds like an utter nutcase.

SL: Pab - Pabby - Paulien
    DL: Pab - Pauline
    AL: Paulien

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Talk to the head dorm manager (or whatever you call them) and say that your roommate has an uncontrollably bad and obnoxious behavior and threatens to kill you at times. Tell the manager that the death threats are seeming to become less and less of a joke and they're bothering you.

This is what I would do. Good luck in whatever choice you make.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Carth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Beanmachine View Post
    I would love to do that, but it would be classified as "bullying" and then I would get kicked out of school. It's happened to other boarders before, and this guy actually wants me to leave somehow so he can have a single room.

And I'm also referring to his Facebook friends who comment on posts he tags me in. It seems as if they are trying to put me down and that he is better than me.
    I don't advise the thrashing. If he wants you to leave, and you don't want to leave - you stay, and rise above it. No amount of negativity can beat sincere kindness on your part. I understand some people are just annoying, personality issues, whatever. I certainly would not assume all folks of any nationality are so much the same that way.

I'll give you two quotes, just to ponder... maybe it'll help a little with your ire.

"I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him." (Booker T. Washington)

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." (Eleanor Roosevelt)
    Last edited by MimeRifle; 02-29-2012 at 09:50 AM.

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MimeRifle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Also... reporting very obnoxious and rude behavior to the management is an appropriate way to handle things.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MimeRifle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

This guy is a clown intent on driving you out. You got 2 choices:

- You leave, let him have this little victory and eventually he's going to try and pull that off with the wrong guy (ie: someone talks like that about my mum I don't care what happens, I'll clock him because I have a bad temper) and get what is coming to him.

- You file a complaint and go through the whole process of formally dealing with the management until he's sorted out. This will require patience and tenacity.

Also, I strongly recommend not judging Vietnamese people based on this clown. I went out with a girl from Vietnam (a very long time ago in a galaxy far far away) and her and her friends and parents where the most respectful friendly people I have ever met.

My 2 cents.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MimeRifle View Post
    "I shall allow no man to belittle my soul by making me hate him." (Booker T. Washington)
    Or like he also said, "Sometimes you have to give someone a Harlem Hangover, Harlem Sidekick, Or Harlem Heat to keep them in line"

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 2290
Size:  7.5 KB

Let's make it SPARKLE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    Or like he also said, "Sometimes you have to give someone a Harlem Hangover, Harlem Sidekick, Or Harlem Heat to keep them in line"
    LMAO.... leave it to Morf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

I'm kind of old school but I say he needs a good old attitude adjustment. I'm with stomp, if he said anything about my mom I'd knock him out. When he woke up I'd tell him if he goes tattle telling to anyone I'm going to find him and knock him out again. If the dean or whoever did find out about it I'd say "he said _________ about my mom so I knocked him out". You may get kicked out and he would probly go around telling all his friends he got what he wanted because he got a single room but in his heart he'd know he got shut up. I'm not saying that's what you should do I'm just saying that's what I'd do.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

Thank you to everyone who replied, I made my mind up. If he does one of those things mentioned above, I will have a serious talk with him, and if he doesn't listen, and continues to do what ever he does, I'll talk to the dorm head or manager. We only have one more tri-mester in school, so I don't think it's worth getting kicked out so close to the end of the school year. And with the "you mom _______" jokes, I'm ok with it once or twice but he says it so often, it's not even funny and starts to get rude and vulgar.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Beanmachine For This Useful Post: