Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This goes out for all my fellow engineers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Default This goes out for all my fellow engineers!

So there are some things I'd like to get off my chest that I normally bite my tongue about in-game. I feel I am speaking for about 25% of the engineers in all of sl when I say these things, and that's a generous number. Because I understand that 75% of all engineers take their skills for granted, but thats a different subject all together. No, this thread is to all my fellow support class heroes who are struggling to do a good job. Just venting our side to the story, since I've seen many discussions on how "we need to learn our class."

STIMS, if we are far away and can not heal you, why do people refuse to use them!? If I have died and im running across the map to get back, USE STIMS instead of taking the time to write and demand heals from a dead engineer. If you can take time to demand heals I think you can use a couple stims. This is mainly an issue on mysterious figure runs. People LET themselves die at the boss demanding heals from a dead or non existent engineer. Non existent meaning, they switched to their toon with luck elixer which probably isn't an eng. Letting yourself die ruins it for everyone, especially on pink runs where people are throwing down 25 plat on luck/speed elixers.

HEALS, they are nothing more than a courtesy, don't think otherwise. Demanding them doesnt help anyone! Seriously do people think engineers can not see the teams health!? lol. Any decent engineer is watching the teams health, and is trying their best to keep those meters at 100%. I spam heals more than anyone I know and people still have the nerve to demand them like im doing a bad job. I know my job, and i take pride in trying to be the best at it.

REVIVES, again they are a courtesy. Demanding them after 0.2 seconds of being dead DOES NOT GET YOU REVIVED ANY FASTER. Again do people think we are blind? Think we can't see your dead body, see your health meter at zero, or hear your death!? Lol this infuriates me. x)

This isn't me trolling or hating on anyone so I hope no one takes it the wrong way. Just thought I'd share a few of my pet peves about being an engineer, and was wondering how many forum users, that are engineers, felt the same.

Name:  156y3i8.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  39.8 KB

Last edited by ArtStar; 04-03-2012 at 12:54 PM.
    A true Star Legend...
    |SL: Eng-Artstar, Op-Demoneyes, Comm-Skullflower|

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to ArtStar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Yeh im an op, sadly find myself tanking a good bit of the time, even with a good eng i find myself spamming pots alot, if i sit back tho its probably cuz i forgot to load up before join and am too lazy to go grab some xD
    I generally wait till the eng start walking away before I ask for a rev. Yes there are some engs that are oblivious or maybe just havent played in a while, and they dont rev as fast as they should aka even after the mobs has clear off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So true. Some people who have always played engis don't really seem to realize how much of a gift stims are, or at least until Voleria. Unfortunately the cost is much more than a lot of people want to pay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    So there are some things I'd like to get off my chest that I normally bite my tongue about in-game. I feel I am speaking for about 25% of the engineers in all of sl when I say these things, and that's a generous number. Because I understand that 75% of all engineers take their skills for granted, but thats a different subject all together. No, this thread is to all my fellow support class heroes who are struggling to do a good job. Just venting our side to the story, since I've seen many discussions on how "we need to learn our class."

STIMS, if we are far away and can not heal you, why do people refuse to use them!? If I have died and im running across the map to get back, USE STIMS instead of taking the time to write and demand heals from a dead engineer. If you can take time to demand heals I think you can use a couple stims. This is mainly an issue on mysterious figure runs. People LET themselves die at the boss demanding heals from a dead or non existent engineer. Non existent meaning, they switched to their toon with luck elixer which probably isn't an eng. Letting yourself die ruins it for everyone, especially on pink runs where people are throwing down 25 plat on luck/speed elixers.

HEALS, they are nothing more than a courtesy, don't think otherwise. Demanding them doesnt help anyone! Seriously do people think engineers can not see the teams health!? lol. Any decent engineer is watching the teams health, and is trying their best to keep those meters at 100%. I spam heals more than anyone I know and people still have the nerve to demand them like im doing a bad job. I know my job, and i take pride in trying to be the best at it.

REVIVES, again they are a courtesy. Demanding them after 0.2 seconds of being dead DOES NOT GET YOU REVIVED ANY FASTER. Again do people think we are blind? Think we can't see your dead body, see your health meter at zero, or hear your death!? Lol this infuriates me. x)

This isn't me trolling or hating on anyone so I hope no one takes it the wrong way. Just thought I'd share a few of my pet peves about being an engineer, and was wondering how many forum users, that are engineers, felt the same.

lol art as serious tanking commando u make me indestructible... i have always appreciated a good engineer and have died many times to take the brunt of the storm so an engineer can get in to revive some else.. hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

I hate being asked to revive nanoseconds after someone's died. I've got a rule - say "please" or leave my run. Same goes for heals. Thank you ArtStar, for summing up my complaints with some people nicely
    Zakalwe, level 40 Scorn Engineer, Officer in Dark Legion
    Zakalwe, level 25 Vampire, member of Dark Legion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azamaster View Post
    So true. Some people who have always played engis don't really seem to realize how much of a gift stims are, or at least until Voleria. Unfortunately the cost is much more than a lot of people want to pay.
    Yeah i'd say i have spent well over 100k or so on stims leveling my guild and such since voleria has came out. Money well spent for me lolol. Sucks though, i remember being poor and barely making enough for stims to get me by in the game. So i can see why engineers are relied upon so much. I have no idea why *cough cough* some people raised the cost of stims a while back, if im remembering correctly?? Ha ha. Its pretty impossible to make decent credits unless you throw down real money now days, so yeah that really sucks for the less fortunate players. :/
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Well put Art I'm starting to see this alot more offen in voleria. I'm doing runs with my engi and i die let it be from whatever source mainly snipers, but back to the point when i die I'm looking at my teams stats on the left side of the screen while hurring back to them and none of them are using stims then i get there just in time to see them all die. So of course i rev then die in the process of doing that before i can get a harmony off and then it turns into a cycle and im telling them why don't you all use stims till i get there, their like don't need stims your a engi and im like WTH in my head of course i dont want to hurt anyones feeling by saying that out loud. Now when I'm using one of my non engi toons I'm always using stims so when everyone around me is screaming rev I'm standing there defending their dead bodies so the engi can arrive to rev them. I'm telling them this would not happen if you all would use stims.

AL: Generalzod

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderkeen View Post
    Well put Art I'm starting to see this alot more offen in voleria. I'm doing runs with my engi and i die let it be from whatever source mainly snipers, but back to the point when i die I'm looking at my teams stats on the left side of the screen while hurring back to them and none of them are using stims then i get there just in time to see them all die. So of course i rev then die in the process of doing that before i can get a harmony off and then it turns into a cycle and im telling them why don't you all use stims till i get there, their like don't need stims your a engi and im like WTH in my head of course i dont want to hurt anyones feeling by saying that out loud. Now when I'm using one of my non engi toons I'm always using stims so when everyone around me is screaming rev I'm standing there defending their dead bodies so the engi can arrive to rev them. I'm telling them this would not happen if you all would use stims.
    Ahahaha the whole cycle part makes me LOL cause thats exactly what i was trying to say x)
    Its pretty funny sounding, but in the game it is nerve racking.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderkeen View Post
    i know the exact feeling when running with random groups... hehe someone dies because they don't use stims so i tank it to get the engine to them revive then they go off without waiting for me to go get in for crowd control first then they die again so here i am doing it again protecting a dead body so the engine can get to them. lol i smh and just say to my self glad art is with me because when we run together i am able to do what i do best blow up a room and try to keep her safe so she can make me indestructible. most of the time people do not pay attention to their health meter... me i get half way down i use a stim or 2 then by that time art is up with me to heal me up for the next room. yea baby that is how it supposed to work and we work well together she lets my tanking commando take lead then comes in heals and helps me clear out the room. i have noticed a lot of players do not understand the job of the commando either they sit at the back of the pack hiding trying to pick off enemies... you got the highest armor and health and the best aoe in the game... you should be the charging bull into a room not the meek calf hiding behind momma cow. this too is how a lot of engi's die... because too many times everyone lets them be first in the room.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Great post. Speaks for me too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    i have noticed a lot of players do not understand the job of the commando either they sit at the back of the pack hiding trying to pick off enemies... you got the highest armor and health and the best aoe in the game... you should be the charging bull into a room not the meek calf hiding behind momma cow. this too is how a lot of engi's die... because too many times everyone lets them be first in the room.
    This is nearly every run I've been in bar runs with Deo,
    Ever since I first started playing the game, the main majority of groups I've been in wouldn't budge unless I ran first!
    Me, an engineer... So I've always had to adapt to the playing style and now I don't know any different lol.
    I wouldn't have it any other way now, but I completely agree with you here, I don't understand why the random comando never took the lead...

It's all good :-D
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

@ mitch... Is why in lil pwnies i train the commando ... I have always played a tank... I am hard charger in the game is why the class suits me so perfectly. A commando in sl is the best weapon a group has against a mob. I go first blow the mob up and take on the toughest enemies to draw fire to me.. by doing this it allows the eng to keep me healthy with a few stims and the ops gt to mop up. This why i love running with art n other pwnies cause they love to let me charge in and play some iron pinball while they mop up i am already in next room blowing that mob up. Is why i love the commando.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iron Hand For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    94 Posts

so if i were to demand heals arty would get mad at me ? interesting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Hand View Post
    @ mitch... Is why in lil pwnies i train the commando ... I have always played a tank... I am hard charger in the game is why the class suits me so perfectly. A commando in sl is the best weapon a group has against a mob. I go first blow the mob up and take on the toughest enemies to draw fire to me.. by doing this it allows the eng to keep me healthy with a few stims and the ops gt to mop up. This why i love running with art n other pwnies cause they love to let me charge in and play some iron pinball while they mop up i am already in next room blowing that mob up. Is why i love the commando.
    You know a lot of people dont know, I actually started out as a commando. I was a lvl55 bear in pl and i loveeeed to tank. I loveeeeee the way other people were trying to out tank each other like we were racing. We made SURE no enemies were targetting anyone but us, we didnt even need mages we were such good tanks.

I came to sl expecting the same kind of runs, but seeing as how a lot of people didnt take to good to the initial creds/stims sl became a different story. Lol, if I were still a mando i'd probably have written a long mando thread because that is probably the main class that bothers me. Teams could be so good with a great tank, which i was way back when. Lolol Demoneyes was my name, and Uncharted Ruins was my playground. Carried so many teams to defeat the gaurdian. Ahhh the good ole' days x) but yeh I got sick of engineers neglecting their skills making it unfair for me throwing down literally every cent i had on stims to carry my teams. So I made it my mission to be the best engineer i could be. He he then eventually fell in love with another class as i farmed up an xray as Artstar. I am proud to say im one of the first people to get an xray :-) and the first person to get an xray was Zero a fellow pwnie. ha ha my favorite engineer though that still plays just as hard as me is Pinkcat. One of the leaders of Vengeance and one of the best players in the game. Ha ha I'd say we are about even at what we do, and it is a pleasure running with her. The leaderboards speak for themselves :-) hmmmmmmmm... We own the top guilds, are both #1 on the board, maybe engineers MAKE a great guild. Lol its silly because what we do isnt hard, like i said people often neglect their skills.

Oh and as you can see, I deleted my mando and made it into an op.
    Last edited by ArtStar; 03-05-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kanozaki View Post
    so if i were to demand heals arty would get mad at me ? interesting
    Lolol I totally was expecting this kind of feedback when I posted this.
    No of course not because you're great to run with :-)
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Im an engineer, i know my skills in/out. I heal because i can, and revive when ( I ) want too. Kill me with kindness and I help any way i can , be rude in anyway....and poof I disappear. I agree with whats posted, but no one sees my anger...I just vanish

Anyway here is a nice motto
    Service with a smile ...No smile with a demand = NO Service for you lol.
    Last edited by octavos; 03-05-2012 at 12:12 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    Im an engineer, i know my skills in/out. I heal because i can, and revive when ( I ) want too. Kill me with kindness and I help any way i can , be rude in anyway....and poof I disappear. I agree with whats posted, but no one sees my anger...I just vanish

Anyway here is a nice motto
    Service with a smile ...No smile with a demand = NO Service for you lol.
    Spoken like a true Star Gaurd :-)
    Ahahaha naimkidding.
    Yeah I feel the same way, I dont usually disappear as I am the one hosting every run I'm on though. I just boot x) I guess that is part of why I am not star gaurd material.
    A true Star Legend...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArtStar View Post
    Spoken like a true Star Gaurd :-)
    Ahahaha naimkidding.
    Yeah I feel the same way, I dont usually disappear as I am the one hosting every run I'm on though. I just boot x) I guess that is part of why I am not star gaurd material.
    I understand your motive for booting (I would too, since being rude is not cool ), I dont appreciate rude behavior, and no one has to stand for it.
    So yes, we love to play and help ppl, but when they get mad and demand.... encourage them to use a plat revive. thats why its there or in the new update "Revenge" this should help with there anger problem.

Your friend,
    aka Octavos.
    Last edited by octavos; 03-05-2012 at 12:26 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

21. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Yeah Rudeness isn't needed really is it. Im sure people forget they are playing alongside fellow human beings hahaha :-)
    I also think a few noobs feel that engineers can't do there jobs that's why they demand rev every second the moment they die.
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchturbo View Post
    Yeah Rudeness isn't needed really is it. Im sure people forget they are playing alongside fellow human beings hahaha :-)
    I also think a few noobs feel that engineers can't do there jobs that's why they demand rev every second the moment they die.
    Yeah I don't boot to be rude or anything cool like that. It's just I got a lot of demand on my room overall. There is only four spots so I have to boot the people who ninja and haven't been grinding with me for the past hour, and also people not in my guild.
    A true Star Legend...