Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pocket Legends:Adventures (1.3) Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

love the new update devs, everythings sweet, i know everything will be polished up but great work, you guys are awsome!

check how badass my paladin looks now

"damb i look good... i mean really good... hey everybody, come see how good i look" - ron burgundy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great update devs but plz fix bugs in boss quests were u kill the boss but u don't beat quest. Love the quests through.
    Mains: Dahood lvl55 Archer/Lvl11 Operative/Prest lvl36 Tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Futumsh View Post
    The booting thing should be fixed in tomorrow's update - quest portals and the 'go to' button will no longer put you in instances with a host player, and newly created instances from these methods will not consider you the host.
    Thanks, yeah that is not the first impression you want to give at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So far pretty happy with the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

not sure if im the only one that isnt happy. but i really hate this update.
    these new "enhancements" feel like huge step backwards.

the new graphics make the game look cheap and harder to differentiate things. my enchantress looks hideous as can be. i liked the slick look the character had with the black robes and hood. now they look like they are wearing tight black spandex, with a scary looking face and awful hat.

biggest complaint is that i shouldnt have to take up more time to do something i was able to do before.

one thing that just pissed me off to the point of just shutting down the iphone altogether was not being able to access my stashed items. wanted to trade between characters and could not.because it wanted my characters to do quests. low level quests at that.

also noticed that i cant play through any level of each dungeon anymore. its like it reset all i had done in most maps. which left me unable to join certain games, cause it said i had to play through each level because i hadnt unlocked it yet. even though i had gone through every map except the oasis maps.

another thing that threw me for a loop, was that it takes longer to join a game. i end up at the loading screen (that has the running knight in the center of the screen) for a long period of time and i cant even see the title screens, because ive been booted out of the game. dont know why im constantly getting kicked off by people. especially since i cant even see the level yet to see who im playing with.
    before itd take a second or two and id then see the titles with the description, and then get into the game in no time. now i have to actually wait it out a bit to get in a game.
    not to mention that i now have to go to the world map to choose which campaign i want to get into. seems like an extra step to see the old 'join game' screen.
    add to the fact that the Return of Skeller Krunch dungeon is missing from this world map.
    so i gotta do extra steps to go and spell it out to filter the list of games...
    its like im having to go back and forth to get into a game, whereas before it was very straightforward and quick.

ill see if i can downgrade to the previous version of the game. since i still have the old version saved on iTunes, hopefully itll let me play the game without any nonsense. everything in this new update is just terrible. from the graphics to the length of time it takes to join a game, to annoyances like not being able to access my own stash.

is it possible for me to continue playing the game from this point on with the old client?
    i dont care much for the quests, definitely dont like the new graphics, & the new interface is frustrating.

i would get more enjoyement playing the game like i was before. put all this time and money into it, itd be a shame to quit it altogether now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like some of the general stuff done but my biggest problem is the fact that I appear to have lost all my unlocks, which for an up and coming level is tough to deal with. For v1.4, let's not have the same again, please.
    AL: Aardzol (lvl 25 Sorcerer) | PL: Spiritualist (lvl 50 Mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What a HUGE disappointment!!!

I cant believe we we've waited all this time for this update. It feels like I've gone back to infant's school (thats kindergarten to you yanks).

Totally lost the edge. The graphics are bright and colourful but it looks like a Disney cartoon now.

It's the same old mobs. Same old bosses. Same old, same old!! Might be great for newbies but what are the veterans supposed to do? Go through it all again just because it has some story line to it, this time.

I am going to give it one more go. But I cant say I'm itching to pick it up and play, like I used to.

MAXIMUSMIX - ZELVIRA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the update!

Pleas fix these quest bugs
    -You cant kill Brom Dandy
    -You cant kill Merk the Jerk
    -You cant kill King of Love

Thanx Devs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Well I liked it!......well most of it

Things I didn't like:

Quests should award xp because you have to go out of your way to return them and they only award a little money. They should be contributing to leveling. I understand that it kinda works out after finishing the beginning quests you reach level 2 but the forest haven and dark forest quests certainly should award xp.

Character customisability - I was really hoping that it would mean choosing male/female and features like hair, hair colour and skin colour.

Forest haven is just a touch too bright (bright is good for a starting zone and town but its a little too bright which gets annoying to look at)

Archer and Mage helmets( Need one more like warrior chainmails and one thats better looking, my suggestions would be a bandanna with eye slits for the avian and a hood with a mask for mages)

The towns should be linked

Level 45 characters should not have to redo the campaigns maby level 35+ shouldnt have to redo the yeti levels down and say level 40+shouldnt have to redo the AO1 levels down.

I thought that the sign-up idea would be like you sign up and then when there are 2+ people signed up they recieve a notation that the pvp game is ready and an enter button- this would be nice.

Some items such as wands look terrible now (like they're made of lego) possibly this is to reduce the size of the game or whatever but if just retextured than plz change back.

It may just be me but it looks like the devs changed the body of the enchantress(might just look like this with smaller hoods but they would look much better if the legs were higher and body shape was more rounded- I just mean less flat faces)

Things I like:

Love the quests, they were added smoothly to the game and are very newb friendly, plus they're fun and interesting for killing and talking quests. They also add immensely to the play time which is great.

Love the starting zones, simple but very affective and work well towards setting players up for the early levels ( forest haven can be A little hard for level ones that are on their own and dont know what kiting is)

The the secret dungeon.....pretty sure its sposed to be secret- the one in the ursan village thats unders a grate (was exciting and fun to find)

The new towns - very nice although a little deserted, I think it would be good if the towns became combined towns as in one towns lets players access 3 campaigns so that players would be seen in the town that is there level.

Forest haven - I think the new shape is good.

Thats all, I hope you take some changes into consideration but other wise I'm really happy about the update.

P:S Another secret room but with a very hard boss with a simple stradegy( maby powers up and does a nasty aoe that you have to run to the borders of the room or something) would be fantastic for level capped players. perhaps give the boss a chance of dropping all the rare pinks instead of just one or two like normal bosses but make sure its very hard (requires skilled players with good gear and correct group (healer, dps/healer, archer and 2 forms of tank)to complete) and by hard i dont mean one shots i mean loads of health and hard to out heal. It would be good if the boss had a respawn timer for the group like 45minutes so it couldnt be farmed....I think that this would be a very simple way of getting high level players interested.

P:SS I reckon the most simple idea Ive thought of (sorry if this the has been said) for getting players involved in PVP more is by having the same kills system as in PVE. By the same i mean same names as well BUT the name- Title shows above your characters name. The reason this could work is because it i much harder to get kills in PVP the PVE and although there would be boosters (people killing a friend over and over) The cap for a PVP game is 10 kills so this wouldn't improve how hard it is to get a good title.

LOL! all done

P:SS
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    2) Artwork: To pull all this off, some changes had to be made but there are definitely some bugs and things that can be improved upon. What needs to be fixed?

Is there any hope of it going back to the old artwork, or have you guys made a definitive decision to keep it this way?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Were wands made slightly chunkier or just re-textured?

To avoid discontent until more customisation is added, could it be an option for each character to hide headwear? That way people could still keep it if they wanted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

the damage/speed on the weapons now... it better be a bug because its ridiculous because dexbears dont stand a chance against mages and so hard to kill using a dexbear
    Smokestar - Lvl 77 Pure Dex Bird
    FAMILY NOOBSFORLIFE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Lots of thoughts

I'm going to add my 2 cents, since I had a level one character ready and waiting for this update to jump into the world. I started from the beginning to experience the game the way a new player would, and I think the new quests and intro story are a great idea! I remember back when I played the game for the very first time it was a little difficult to get into it at first. There was just the bleak looking forest haven and some zombies, with no real story or anything; just felt lonely until for the first few levels until others joined in. I think the new intro/tutorial is very well done and perfect for getting new players past those first few crucial minutes in the life of any iTunes game, when an impatient user might just delete the app. I love how easy the level is - great for people with no gaming experience. And putting a trader in there is genius, to immediately give players something to spend gold on and get them hooked. I have to admit even I gave in and bought a level 2 cloak! Then I stayed up until 1:30 doing "just one more quest"... I'd say a quest system that can get me hookeed on playing Forest Haven (!!) on a level <10 character until way too late at night is a good one.

Now for some things I'd like to see changed:
    I would really like to see the 3(?) simultaneous quest limit removed. In all rpg's, a lot of the fun for me is just walking around exploring aimlessly and picking up whatever quests come my way. Sure the quest log is a mess by the time I'm half an hour in, but that's the whole point of the game. Having to remember who assigns a quest and come back to and manage quests so that you take them on in the right order feels more like work than play. For new players I think it would be even more confusing to figure out which quests are the right ones to take next and remember all the locations - so if you added the quest limit to keep it simple for new players, I don't think it works.

Even worse, parties get split up mid-game because players' quests logs get full. I've had this happen on one of the first games I played. There I was just doing the quests with my level 7 when a lev 45 whom I know happens to join (lucky!). Another minute and a lev 9 joins who seems nice. Sweet, we have a team. So we're just going around casually killing things, talking, collecting skeleton eyeballs and whatnots and then just as we're about to enter the boss room and finish the level I talk to Daria the NPC and I get this strange and unhelpful message for the first time, saying that my quest log is full. (First reaction: well great, now what am I even supposed to do about that?) Lev 45 says her log is also full so cya, she's got to go. Don't even know where the third player went.

This is not good. PL is all about finding a random cool group to play with, and we all know how difficult it can be to do that when you're new. It's just terrible to see a group split because someone has to go to town to talk to Zahra about eyeballs. The game should be doing everything to keep groups together, not separate them. Please consider removing the quest limit. It adds a lot of frustration and I can't see that it brings any benefits whatsoever.

Finally, some minor interface issues:
    The Game Menu and arrow on the upper left that takes you to the login screen looked to me like they're part of the same button - perhaps because in other software I must have encountered buttons that have an arrow and text label next to the arrow. I tapped on the arrow about 3 times wondering why the login screen is now called Game Menu, before realizing that the Game Menu button is, well, a button. I think another issue is that the arrow is raised but the Game Menu button isn't. The main menu buttons on the right are also inconsistent: Enter World is raised but the rest aren't. It makes you wonder for a second what's a button and what isn't.

Another small issue: I tap to move instead of using the joystick (on my iPad), and when I tap on an NPC that's a reasonable distance away I'd expect the game to move me in that direction. But instead I get the Too Far to Interact message. Or sometimes I'd tap too close to the NPC trying to move closer, and again, Too Far to Interact. I swear I must have seen it at least 50 times in the past couple of hours. Too Far to Interact, Too Far to Interact, Too Far to Interact... Gets old after a very short time!

I'll try not to get into the hats/graphics issue because it's all been said already. I think mages have been hit the hardest and I tried hard not to be very sad last night when I saw how my mage now looks. I'm so sorry I didn't think to take a screenshot of what she used to be like; at least then I'd have the memory... Anyway, I understand it's a first attempt and I'm sure it's going to get a lot better. But in the meantime, I'll cast my vote in the "I'd like to see the previous look rolled back for now" pile.

OK, hope this was not too short for a first post. I'm off to play some more and I'll add stuff as I think of it.

---
    Kalielle, lev 45 dex mage | Kaley, lev 45 bear tank | Kalbird, archer, getting to 45 soon

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

It is amazing thank you

15.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,515 Posts

Thread closed.

Feedback should continue here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Update-(49425)

-ALS