Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Is this a Bot?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Default Is this a Bot?

Hello,

I'd like to know if PL has been infiltrated by bot programs. There is this one particular mage that really made me consider this possibility. I've ran with this mage for many hours and below are my observations:

1. He walks on same pattern over and over...from beginning to end of boss...the pattern is too perfect
    2. When he dies, he will always respawn at the beginning...even after a rev (probably bad bot programming...?)
    3. On some occasions when I know everyone in the party, I will ask all of them to stop walking...this mage also stops walking BUT he never stops casting spells...at one point, we all just decided to chit chat for a minute or two, this mage was just there casting spells non-stop...
    4. The mage doesn't vary his spell order...at all...I've been watching this player for weeks now ('cuz for some reason, he keeps joining my game). I've ran with all types of mages, and all of them change their spell order at one point depending on the situation...this mage doesn't.
    5. He always wakes up Vamp and dies...always. We told him not to, no reply, he just goes out there guns blazing with same combo pattern, dies, respawns at beginning and runs back to the group casting spells non-stop (I could see him coming from afar casting spells...)
    6. He's not really the "rambo" mage, 'cuz he's always behind the group, he's just very robotic with his movements and some very obvious and persistent mistakes...it's like, if this guy wasn't a bot, he probably has the lowest player IQ I've seen in this game...he dies on same spots (wakes up vamp and dies 100% of the time in more than hundred runs probably...)

So, I'm not sure if this player is really that bad or if it's a bot? Please address this, I didn't mute him and I stopped booting him 'cuz he's starting to become an entertainement to us LOL (half of the time, he joins our guild runs...). Thank you.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to zeusabe For This Useful Post: