Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Problem with 1.3 in my eyes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Default Problem with 1.3 in my eyes!

I wasn't sure whether to put this in Suggestions, or in Bugs, so I chose General since I am such a rebel

My biggest problem with 1.3 is that you have to play every stage all over again from Forest Haven to Ancient Swamps, and you have to unlock stash, even if it takes 15 seconds. Now, I wouldn't mind these things very much, except, you have to do this on each character! You have to play each stage over again (from Forest Haven to Ancient Swamps) and unlock stash! I know some people with 6+ players, and that would be a pain! I have about 5 or 6 that I play, and I really am not looking forward to unlock each stage over again, and all. So is this a bug? Shouldn't it be you only have to do it on each account like a new expansion was like during 1.2? Will this be changed? Questions I am looking forward to be answered! Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

When I unlocked stash, IT DELETED ALL MY STUFF!!!!! I HAD A KHOPESH AND A THOTH SET
    ~why DO you use thongs?~
    ANSWER please

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...4-My-pink-list!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rarefew View Post
    When I unlocked stash, IT DELETED ALL MY STUFF!!!!! I HAD A KHOPESH AND A THOTH SET
    Sure it wasn't on an alt or anything? Lol, mine was fine! Just annoying to have to waste my time running an annoying easy quest on all my chars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it's pretty much a unanimous verdict that you shouldn't have to unlock the stash and any basic features.

I like the idea of all dungeons being locked, but it shouldn't apply to characters that have already completed that campaign. I think it should be done for each new character (not shared across the account), this would also help to prevent the leeching problem, people wishing to power level characters would have to organise it with a friend and unlock the dungeons with each new character. Characters should automatically unlock a campaign fully once hitting the top of the level bracket for it, so forest haven would automatically be unlocked for anyone level 10 or above.

With added content, and hopefully a fix for the droprate in lower campaigns, I really don't mind levelling new characters in the right way, and if I want them power levelled all I would need is a friends help, not something I'm particularly fussed about.

It's a far too common occurrence having people with characters at the level cap lacking basic knowledge of the game, I'm more than happy to help out when people need assistance, but this culture of having newbies (no offence) at the level cap needs to stop.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bmc85uk View Post
    It's a far too common occurrence having people with characters at the level cap lacking basic knowledge of the game, I'm more than happy to help out when people need assistance, but this culture of having newbies (no offence) at the level cap needs to stop.
    The Mynas generation
    And yeah it's a problem
    As for unlocking stash, I don't care. It took me like 2 minutes to unlock it for all 5 characters. I do think the maps should all be unlocked for people who have already completed the campaigns, but I believe similar things have happened before. Like when they added boss brawl to AS, you all of a sudden had to unlock mardi growl before you could even unlock the brawl.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    The Mynas generation
    And yeah it's a problem
    As for unlocking stash, I don't care. It took me like 2 minutes to unlock it for all 5 characters. I do think the maps should all be unlocked for people who have already completed the campaigns, but I believe similar things have happened before. Like when they added boss brawl to AS, you all of a sudden had to unlock mardi growl before you could even unlock the brawl.
    Yes but even then if you unlocked it on one character, you can play Boss Brawl on them all, now you have to unlock everything on each character! :/

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

This will be fixed in today's content update.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another thing is when doing the quests, I ran through the portal to do a collection of things and automatically joined a group. I was kicked by the person leading the group as soon as i started to head down the path. When is this patch?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Do not use the portals. They all take you to other people's games, and you almost always get booted. Use the advanced features.

Seriously, turn on your advanced features. It is a checkbox on the main page after you log in. This will get you four different buttons, including HOST GAME, where you can create your own Level I game and give it a password so you can do Hawken's 3 Quests.

MysticalDream, I am actually glad about the reset of the maps. For my plat, it has been needed. But it still won't stop the want-it-now crowd from opening AO2:3 and leeching their way to false godhood.