Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about Humania and the future

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Default Thoughts about Humania and the future

I've been thinking (lolwut?) about PL quite a lot in general and especially upcoming Humania as DL is going to be released soon and therefore Humania is getting closer as well.

Sry this thread won't include screenshots of me in "funny" suits if u were looking for that .

All of the things I am going to say are my own opinions. It is alright to disagree with me but I hope u all appreciate all of the opinions over here. No need for a flame war.

I am anxiously waiting for Humania and therefore the new cap. Sam has said that Humania is going to be worth the waiting (sry no links 'cause I am writing this with my phone) and me and many others are expecting a lot from it. Many of my friends have been on a break waiting for Humania to come. But what about if Humania isn't going to be that outstanding in theory? I know most of my friends who are on a break might quit PL for good if they dislike Humania.

What I am rly worrying is the future. AO3 was IMHO last awesomesauce campaign and many (including me) think it is the best campaign in the whole PL. The quests, the enemies and the whole entertainment is out of the scale. Sewers, Nuri and Fang are again IMHO "only" mediocre campaigns and they all are going to have lack of players when Humania arrives. There are going to be 15 lvls of emptyness unless there aren't going to be modifications. Main reason why all come back to AO3 is Cyber. What makes end game players come back to Sewers, Nuri or Fang in the future? Nothing except they r helping a friend or they are questing. Most of the ppl are either end game or below lvl 50 but what about the future 50-65? There aren't going to be enough players to give variety to the gaming and PL might get boring to them. My own personal advice is increasing drop rates for ppl to come back there. And there might also be a problem to get good enough equipment for the lvl 50-65 in the future due to insanely low drop rates and therefore rly high prices

Which leads to my next topic. Drop rate scale -> 10=Frequent - 1=almost none. When STS has introduced a new campaign the scale is always 10 and it gets lowered by the time and reaches almost 1. Why is it like this? New campaign itself is interesting enough we don't need that high drop rate to keep us entertained. It would be better if it was like 5 all the time. Not always but yet quite frequently. It would keep us interested and it gives everybody a chance to get awesome equipment. It could also make us go back to Sewers, Nuri and Fang if we knew we would get something from there.

I am also quite interested about next vanity cap reward. IMHO it is going to be a new helm because it is quite hard to make a matching Vanity Pet for the set. Only if it is a Golden Dragon... So anyways let's pretend it is a helm. Is it going to give a set bonus with SoH or MFA? Or is it going to be a seperate round with a new Shield and Armor to get a set bonus? Either way it is going to cause lots of discussion.

What about a new Cyber or Mystery kind of quests for Humania? Lots of ppl are waiting to farm some bosses to collect totems (including me) to get awesome looking equipments. I hope Humania has some kind of "Elite quest" to keep ppl entertained in the far future.

Well that's it ty for reading if u actually read it...
    Last edited by dudetus; 03-12-2012 at 12:55 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dudetus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

I lost faith in PL a long time ago lol. It'll never get better than AO3. We've yet to be proven otherwise.
    SL has prettier everything and DL being a new game, STS will have a lot of creative freedom. I think PL Is as good as it'll ever be. Its time for alterra to retire.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Personally, I enjoyed sewers, not up to par with AO3 but still good, Nuris was boring, too hard, and way too low drops, and fang is just boring/the gear is ugly.
    And yeh, they need to add some epic cyber like endgame quests again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

I enjoyed sewers as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    Personally, I enjoyed sewers, not up to par with AO3 but still good, Nuris was boring, too hard, and way too low drops, and fang is just boring/the gear is ugly.
    And yeh, they need to add some epic cyber like endgame quests again
    They're about to hit some kind of bandwidth cap, so they can't do much for PL anymore. SL still has plenty of room for creative freedom (it's about to hit its "ao3" era) and DL being a entirely new game, it should blow us away.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    They're about to hit some kind of bandwidth cap, so they can't do much for PL anymore. SL still has plenty of room for creative freedom (it's about to hit its "ao3" era) and DL being a entirely new game, it should blow us away.
    I don't by the "bandwidth cap" thing that keep coming up. STS has said they have a roadmap all the way to lvl 100. If they are only 2/3 of the way through it and are already hitting some cap, I would say there are some very serious design flaws. People that seriously engineer software should see this coming and begin tackling the issue LONG before it becomes a problem.

In an industry like this where you're trying to win and keep a strong fanbase, you REALLY have to be proactive and not reactive.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atlannie View Post
    I don't by the "bandwidth cap" thing that keep coming up. STS has said they have a roadmap all the way to lvl 100. If they are only 2/3 of the way through it and are already hitting some cap, I would say there are some very serious design flaws. People that seriously engineer software should see this coming and begin tackling the issue LONG before it becomes a problem.

In an industry like this where you're trying to win and keep a strong fanbase, you REALLY have to be proactive and not reactive.
    What exactly would they gain from lying?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

They're about to hit some kind of bandwidth cap, so they can't do much for PL anymore.
    I'm afraid I have to disagree with u in some points. Even though I agree PL has lost it's "touch" I still think it's the best game to play on my phone. We need some new features that's for sure but what? As a pick-up-and-play format of a game PL is going to be what it is now unless they decide to make it into "more hardcore" MMO by adding Skill Trees and open world as for an example. For now I only see upcoming campaigns but I agree something has to be done but it is in the far future IMO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I'm afraid I have to disagree with u in some points. Even though I agree PL has lost it's "touch" I still think it's the best game to play on my phone. We need some new features that's for sure but what? As a pick-up-and-play format of a game PL is going to be what it is now unless they decide to make it into "more hardcore" MMO by adding Skill Trees and open world as for an example. For now I only see upcoming campaigns but I agree something has to be done but it is in the far future IMO.
    I still think PL's golden years are over. There will never be fully open worlds, as the legends suite isn't that type of game. It just isn't STS' M.O. I can't really speak for DL yet, but it might follow that same dungeon crawler format. You can't really expect a super Mario fps, it just isn't nintendo's m.o with the Mario suite of games.

See what I did there?

Since DL is already featuring skill trees, I see it as a step in the right direction for STS. Don't see it implemented for PL though. Humania is my last hope, so I might quit pl if it disappoints :/ not that I even play anymore. It's been a few months.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Sewers was the last good map. Nuri and fang were way to hard without Elix. I miss the days in the sewers were you could cruel blast with your bird and kill a mob of 5 on 2x. In Nuri and fang they just look at you like what was that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    Sewers was the last good map. Nuri and fang were way to hard without Elix. I miss the days in the sewers were you could cruel blast with your bird and kill a mob of 5 on 2x. In Nuri and fang they just look at you like what was that
    I can't even consider sewers because that's when the weapon/gear models started getting reused

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

What exactly would they gain from lying?
    Time. Or a reason for not adding content. I don't know.

I'm not even saying they are lying. The other option would be poor engineering. Maybe it is related to the workload with DL and SL to deal with.

EDIT: Of course, I am only going by what I know. Which may not be a lot.

1. Roadmap to at least lvl 100. That doesn't mean it will stop there.
    2. Rumored limitations on bandwidth/data.

I only heard about this rumor I think when Nuri's started. So maybe they've been hard at work at fixing it. Who knows?
    Last edited by Rare; 03-12-2012 at 10:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fncrazy View Post
    Nuri and fang were way to hard without Elix.
    Really?? hmm. Don't see that on my end. IMO, if they made it any easier, there would be no fun. Maybe if you're trying to solo its hard.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I still think PL's golden years are over. There will never be fully open worlds, as the legends suite isn't that type of game. It just isn't STS' M.O. I can't really speak for DL yet, but it might follow that same dungeon crawler format. You can't really expect a super Mario fps, it just isn't nintendo's m.o with the Mario suite of games.

See what I did there?

Since DL is already featuring skill trees, I see it as a step in the right direction for STS. Don't see it implemented for PL though. Humania is my last hope, so I might quit pl if it disappoints :/ not that I even play anymore. It's been a few months.
    Fair enough but it isn't that bad to be an optimist .

Sorry to see u have almost given up hope... Wouldn't want yet another veteran to quit PL :/ ...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I'm not even saying they are lying. The other option would be poor engineering. Maybe it is related to the workload with DL and SL to deal with.
    STS is still kinda small business compared to big MMO companies. And they are releasing their 3rd game already... I still know that they are doing the best they can as a business to keep us, the customers, to play furthermore by adding new and interesting stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Not buying it = you think they're lying. They have separate teams working on adding content for each game, so that shouldn't be the case

Really?? hmm. Don't see that on my end. IMO, if they made it any easier, there would be no fun. Maybe if you're trying to solo its hard.
    No, fn is in the same guild as me, and it was almost impossible to play through nuri's without elixirs until we hit the 60/61 cap. 1hit k.o's from one skeleton is too hard. 1xp per kill is too slow. It was as if they did it just to get us to buy elixirs

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

I can't even consider sewers because that's when the weapon/gear models started getting reused
    Same. Even though the maps were something new the items weren't. That's why I counted Sewers in the "mediocre" campaign. I felt so bad for seeing King Mynas gone Gurgox in Nuri as a Snake Charmer...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

STS is still kinda small business compared to big MMO companies. And they are releasing their 3rd game already... I still know that they are doing the best they can as a business to keep us, the customers, to play furthermore by adding new and interesting stuff.
    It still baffles me that they are already releasing a third game. Especially for how small STS is. It's gonna be hard for them to have constant work on three games simultaneously.
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Oh no... don't get me wrong. I don't think they are doing a bad job. Not saying that in the least.

But being in the software engineering industry I know first hand how easy it is to overextend yourself and to quickly get yourself under water. Obviously these guys are great at what they do. But even being great doesn't prevent small things (sometimes big things) from falling through the cracks.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Oh no... don't get me wrong. I don't think they are doing a bad job. Not saying that in the least.

But being in the software engineering industry I know first hand how easy it is to overextend yourself and to quickly get yourself under water. Obviously these guys are great at what they do. But even being great doesn't prevent small things (sometimes big things) from falling through the cracks.
    I've been thinking about this as well and I've wondered how this had happened. I am waiting Humania to be some kind of a "redemption". To give us back actually awesome content once again.