Thread: Engineer's Skills, which to focus on and which to map?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Awesome post Mitch! Thanks a lot! When you refer to ComEng, is that character 100% STR or still 100% INT with just a focus on attacking?

You wrote Decay, With, Leech, and Trans when you said offensive skills, so you probably don't have any points on Pain or Sonic Boom do you? You want to level those other 4 out.
    PL - Snapbax (Lv76 Mage), Ianjones (Lv76 Bear), Supermcnassty (Lv75 Bird)
    SL - Davinci (Lv40 Engineer) / DL - Dhampyr (Lv31 Male) / AL - Drebeast (Lv22 Warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IanJones View Post
    Awesome post Mitch! Thanks a lot! When you refer to ComEng, is that character 100% STR or still 100% INT with just a focus on attacking?

You wrote Decay, With, Leech, and Trans when you said offensive skills, so you probably don't have any points on Pain or Sonic Boom do you? You want to level those other 4 out.
    Hi, I have a 41 eng, and run with Mitch alot. This "Eng / Comeng" thing he's referring to is about what you see your role as. Whichever role you like to play more (full-out support, run ahead first, etc..), you're still going to have decent armor and decent DPS. For either role, you have to have Both heal skills at 6, rev at least at 1, and Pain no higher than 1.

Then, like mitch said, the rest of the skills will be chosen based on play style. He likes to "tank" (or in PL, be like a 'bear') and solo (he can solo Thyra, the last boss in the game), in that way, he's more like a paladin (if you played WoW, this helps you, if not, then ignore). So his skills are different than say, mine. I like to sit back and full support (I'm more like a disc priest, again, if not a WoW player, ignore). But both of us can do both roles if needed.

As far as where to put your attribute points, All Int . There is very little payoff for putting points in anything else compared to the massive loss in DPS that you take by not putting it all in INT.
    Last edited by Chloe; 03-12-2012 at 06:34 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chloe For This Useful Post: