Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Big luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Default Big luck

Now whats the point of ownin big luck now? No use if u gotten the bigger luck which is cheaper and provides more luck. In my opinion i believe that we should be given the option to combine our old big luck ( that some people paid 75 plat for) and combine it with the new bigger luck. After combining it becomes biggest luck? Idk.. But after buying the bigger luck, my big luck wont be used and will sit there like a wasted amount of platinum used. Honestly i really want to see if sts will do something that will give us a bonus for buying the big luck as well. As of now that big luck will sit in my stash

And i only rerolled a pink once ever since i got big luck 1 year ago

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dalonewolf For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalonewolf View Post
    Now whats the point of ownin big luck now? No use if u gotten the bigger luck which is cheaper and provides more luck. In my opinion i believe that we should be given the option to combine our old big luck ( that some people paid 75 plat for) and combine it with the new bigger luck. After combining it becomes biggest luck? Idk.. But after buying the bigger luck, my big luck wont be used and will sit there like a wasted amount of platinum used. Honestly i really want to see if sts will do something that will give us a bonus for buying the big luck as well. As of now that big luck will sit in my stash

And i only rerolled a pink once ever since i got big luck 1 year ago
    I totally agree! I bought big luck last year too but what's the point of having it now?
    Next year there is mega luck? Gives you more luck than bigger luck?
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Yeh especially since you cant reroll above the sewers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I have one thing to say after logging in and seeing this crap...WTF DEVS?! I bought like 5 of the stupid big luck for 75 and now theres something better for 1/3 the price?!! Either refund big luck and let us buy something else....or have a huge uproar of disgruntled players.

Well I didn't think it possible but STS has reached a new level of wtf with this...my money was wasted. If I could get my 75 plat back for each of those stupid big lucks I'd be happy..thanks for the screwing. Just had to vent a little.
    Last edited by Coltona; 03-15-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

I had a gameboy color for some years. Then, three years later Nintendo introduced the gameboy advance and - believe it or not- they wanted me to pay again to get this upgraded version. Do I accuse Nintendo for doing so? Noone does!

You decided to get this item and for nearly one year it has served it's purpose, hasn't it?

In the same way it's your decision to get the upgraded version of the big luck; if you don't like it or are happy with the big lucks you already have or think it's a ripoff as there might be an improved version for the next year, there is no need to get it.
    It only adds very little to the odds anyways...
    Last edited by Gaunab; 03-15-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab View Post
    I had a gameboy color for some years. Then, three years later Nintendo introduced the gameboy advance and - believe it or not- they wanted me to pay again to get this upgraded version. Do I accuse Nintendo for doing so?

You decided to get this item and for nearly one year it has served it's purpose, hasn't it?

In the same way it's your decision to get the upgraded version of the big luck; if you don't like it or think it's a ripoff as there might be an improved version for the next year, there is no need to get it.
    It only adds very little to the odds anyways...
    Ok but I was focused more on the fact STS isn't..or wasn't a multi million dollar corporation.. I guess as more people play it becomes more about throwing together something to make more money off of and screw the original players as long as that profit comes in...it was obvious for a hand held device that they would out do it, mans greatest asset is his ability to refine until perfect, but this is different.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Would it make everyone feel better if it was 100 plat? I'm happy to pay 25 plat.

I honestly don't understand how ppl can complain about getting someone cheaper than anticipated.
    gf.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Walkhardd For This Useful Post:

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys,

I can well understand how you feel. Let me try and go through the differences to help you feel better.

First, the main difference between Big Luck and Bigger Luck is the visual one (Big luck is a 3 leaf clover, Bigger Luck is a 4 leaf clover).

The Luck difference isn't that huge. Sure, if you have to have the very best luck, well you might want to buy a luck elixir instead?

Our intent was to make something different from last year. If you recall Halloween 2011, there were complaints when we re-used the same look as the year before. We wanted to avoid that, so that's the reason for the change.

Hopefully that helps you better understand. Thanks, as always, for your support!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

I can well understand how you feel. Let me try and go through the differences to help you feel better.

First, the main difference between Big Luck and Bigger Luck is the visual one (Big luck is a 3 leaf clover, Bigger Luck is a 4 leaf clover).

The Luck difference isn't that huge. Sure, if you have to have the very best luck, well you might want to buy a luck elixir instead?

Our intent was to make something different from last year. If you recall Halloween 2011, there were complaints when we re-used the same look as the year before. We wanted to avoid that, so that's the reason for the change.

Hopefully that helps you better understand. Thanks, as always, for your support!
    Some ppl are never happy, buy if you want, but complain somewhere else...no need for a OMG "why" thread.
    P.S. I got mine from Deal of the day. so i paid just like others
    I Approve this message.
    Last edited by octavos; 03-15-2012 at 11:13 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

14. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    313 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:592032
    Hey guys,

People will ALWAYS complain. damned if you do damned if you don't I guess.
    gf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys,

Ya except that's the problem now isn't it? Let's redo this and make it better, ok sweet...now let's make it cheaper so EVERYONE can buy one oh we're gonna be rich!! But wait? Some people that spent a few hundred dollars on this overpriced one might not be too happy will they? Big luck isn't even a lucky clover, it's a 3 leaf. >.>

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coltongadkins View Post
    Ya except that's the problem now isn't it? Let's redo this and make it better, ok sweet...now let's make it cheaper so EVERYONE can buy one oh we're gonna be rich!! But wait? Some people that spent a few hundred dollars on this overpriced one might not be too happy will they?
    Ok, you should be looking at the issue from the beginning and compare... don't just take your experience and assume that everyone is in your boat. Big Luck was only 15 platinum when it was introduced; so this newer Bigger Luck is actually an increase in price at 25 plat, which makes sense due to it actually increasing luck a bit more, so you're paying more for efficiency. Not everyone who purchased Big Luck bought it during the deal of the day, so this new item isn't actually a cheaper version for everyone but just those that didn't purchase the item initially (for whatever reason). Purchasing multiples of the same item is just lazy, it is very easy to place the item in stash (unless you have a character under L4) and retrieve it for another toon to gain the benefits.

So to recap, when an item becomes one year old and the event gets revisited it is quite obvious that there will be upgrades (either visual or performance) to the old items because if there isn't an uproar will ensue as proved by the Halloween event of 2011. At one point each player has a choice to make, either wait until the next year's product or take a short cut and get the item whenever it is offered.

...you're basically asking for a refund because your item is now obsolete. Think of every piece of tech you've ever bought in your life that was rendered old after a week due to an advance in the field. It's something like that, the product is a year old and it is time for out with the old and in with the new.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 03-15-2012 at 11:26 AM.

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Look at it in this way.
    They didn't take anything away from you. If you bought a big luck you still have the 15% (I think?) reroll chance.
    They just added an additional possibility for players who feel the further slight increase in luck is worth the money. It's a win-win if you buy it. If you decide not to, that's okay as well and your odds stay the same.

And like Walk said, be happy! STS could have charged much more for this attractive item
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

So halloween items will b new this year which means all that halloween farmin is guna make me rich!!?? Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lwmark View Post
    So halloween items will b new this year which means all that halloween farmin is guna make me rich!!?? Lol
    Lol i have tons of halloween pink level 20-25 and a few hundred purps of the same level haha.

Ok repost, i'm out of rage...if i can refund all but like 1 of my big lucks i'll be happy, and yes i plan on buying a single bigger luck then waiting until next year before going wild again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I was just trying to create an idea where we could combine the older big luck with the new one, as i have no more use for the older one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I can already see what is going to happen when they recycle the elite vanities.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Missing the point. The point is, why launch a big luck a year ago for 75 plat (and appeared in Dotd several times) then sell it for 25 plat a year after (which based on the description should be better than the original big luck). It doesn't matter if it served its purpose that's not the point. The point is with the launch of a better big luck today, the game is telling you that a year ago, you paid more for a ****ter version. Period. That's quite obvious. This is really wtf-able. I agree with the thread starter. Now the argument to that would be, "it was your prerogative to buy it a year ago for 75plat, therefore, it's your fault not STS"...that would be an acceptable response from a business standpoint, but from a consumer standpoint, that's not cool. Can't you see the pattern? They release a minotaur pet which is far cooler than a couple of bats for fraction of bat price...what's next? maybe an Ifrit Godlike Helm for 50plat that's even cooler than the 500 plat ominpotent crown? It's common sense, if you charge something less, it means the quality is less, otherwise, you're just sending the wrong message to the buyers that they were ripped off. I know this was not the intention, but that's the net effect of it. It's simple analogy, you don't have to compare the situation to gameboys etc., just look at it as it is. Thumbs down, this was a let down, I like the bigger luck, but the fact that it sent the message that we just got ripped off a year ago, not cool.
    Last edited by zeusabe; 03-15-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

I want a refund on my 55" tv I bought 3 years ago because now they came out with 3D TVs and I simply can't deal with the old TV sitting in the garage accumulating dust!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

I still plan on getting use out of the 3-leaf clover by having it on an alt ...and all this talk of tech makes me want to go on a spending spree

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent