Thread: Botters...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Ever since PL has been playable on Chrome, botters have been coming one by one to PL. If it stayed mobile, we wouldn't have this issue. Releasing it on Chrome was helpful, but IMO I think it was a bad move. With computers, as others have said, it isn't hard to make a program that just clicks in the same spots for hours. It will truly ruin the economy. I've made it easy to see below:

A person keeps his bot on for 72 hrs nonstop on Hidden Ice Cave. Lets say he farms around 25 Green Ice Weapons. Let's say he put all of them on the CS, if he keeps doing this, the demand will drop and the prices go down. That would mean it would be harder to get gold from merching and selling Green Ice. Now imagine 100+ bots doing Hidden Ice Cave for 72 hrs nonstop. Each farming around 25 Green Ice Weapons. I quit Runescape for this reason, and will never go back. Loved that game 101%, and Pocket Legends is now in that spot.

Anyways, I don't see this happening soon, but if we let them, they will. So if you see a person doing the same pattern over and over, not responding to PMs, etc. You have a best friend, and it's /report.

$0.02

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Buffedbear Pl For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buffedbear Pl View Post
    Ever since PL has been playable on Chrome, botters have been coming one by one to PL. If it stayed mobile, we wouldn't have this issue. Releasing it on Chrome was helpful, but IMO I think it was a bad move. With computers, as others have said, it isn't hard to make a program that just clicks in the same spots for hours. It will truly ruin the economy. I've made it easy to see below:

A person keeps his bot on for 72 hrs nonstop on Hidden Ice Cave. Lets say he farms around 25 Green Ice Weapons. Let's say he put all of them on the CS, if he keeps doing this, the demand will drop and the prices go down. That would mean it would be harder to get gold from merching and selling Green Ice. Now imagine 100+ bots doing Hidden Ice Cave for 72 hrs nonstop. Each farming around 25 Green Ice Weapons. I quit Runescape for this reason, and will never go back. Loved that game 101%, and Pocket Legends is now in that spot.

Anyways, I don't see this happening soon, but if we let them, they will. So if you see a person doing the same pattern over and over, not responding to PMs, etc. You have a best friend, and it's /report.

$0.02
    Same, loved Runescape so much, don't want that to happen here, we have to do something about it. Also the Chrome release has been the start of botting for PL, I've never seen any bots before the Chrome release.
    My Spacetime Studios Fan Channel -> http://www.youtube.com/user/pocketlegendshq.
    Check it out for all Pocket Legends, Star Legends, and Dark Legends videos!