Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Flawed...my QQing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Flawed...my QQing

First and foremost...bring back 1.2. While 1.3 has potential and what not, it's not ready. I'm sick of crashing. I'm sick of clearing a GD map and crashing. I'm sick of clearing a map and some shmuck coming in and taking a drop we were farming (I will talk about this) I am sick of beign in town and people spaming /roll. I'm sick of beign informed what Johnnyhillbilly got from a quest. I'm sick of it....

Few things...if you join a group I'm(which usually means I'm lead) in and we are 3/4 of the map done, you will be booted. I don't care if you're a friend, you will be booted. I'm somewhat sick of people joining for bosses and leaving away with a rare drop, it's not fair the group...now if we only used /roll for something useful...?!

Don't add me asking me where I got a drop. Don't pretend to be a friend. Don't waste your time wasting my time.

Feel free to bash, criticize, talk bad, or comment if you feel a must to comment. I know some of you do...sadly.

If the crashing doesn't end, I'll find something else to spend my time and money on.

Sincerly, me.
    i saw her once, and swore i was in love...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Preach on Brotherman. While I really do appreciate all the hard work that the Devs put in to the content and I truly think that after some patches it will seem even better. I can personally say it is extremely frustrating when you spend time to actually clear a large map like those in map 5 and 6 just to disconnect at the boss. It happened 3 times in a row. The last time the leader saved my spot but the 2 times before someone jumped in and the Red Scarab Bow and New Royal staff dropped. I know it wasn't a guarantee that I would get it but it would have been nice to have been on the loot table for all the time spent clearing. Before 1.3 the game had never crashed and disconnected me except for when my router got unplugged or something like that . After the 1.3 update, of the 4 runs I did I got disconnected for 3 of them. Something there isn't right.

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #3
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

First I have heard of this (disconnecting while playing). We will certainly check it out.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

crashing is pretty annoying. my lag wasnt even up. had it happen to me a couple times. I redownloaded, and after a couple hours it would crash again
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Is the client crashing (exiting to the Home screen), or are you being shown the "You have been disconnected from the server" screen?

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Is the client crashing (exiting to the Home screen), or are you being shown the "You have been disconnected from the server" screen?

-ALS
    I haven't been crashed yet. Except once when I logged on and hit the menu button almost simultaneously as the character screen popped up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

-ALS
    This has only happened to me once, and in general the game seems less laggy since 1.3. Anyway, I got the "you have been disconnected" screen.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

-ALS
    I get sent home.

Happend today in the morning before I saw you in game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tailless View Post
    Preach on Brotherman. While I really do appreciate all the hard work that the Devs put in to the content and I truly think that after some patches it will seem even better. I can personally say it is extremely frustrating when you spend time to actually clear a large map like those in map 5 and 6 just to disconnect at the boss. It happened 3 times in a row. The last time the leader saved my spot but the 2 times before someone jumped in and the Red Scarab Bow and New Royal staff dropped. I know it wasn't a guarantee that I would get it but it would have been nice to have been on the loot table for all the time spent clearing. Before 1.3 the game had never crashed and disconnected me except for when my router got unplugged or something like that . After the 1.3 update, of the 4 runs I did I got disconnected for 3 of them. Something there isn't right.

That was me. D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chickdigcookies View Post
    I get sent home.

Happend today in the morning before I saw you in game.
    I just started trying to farm for some new pinks, and I saw this for the first time. We had 11 enemies left in Plasma Pyramid, and one boss, all of sudden I had terrible lag/slowdown and after a few seconds the screen went black, the app crashed, and I wound up at the home screen.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    I just started trying to farm for some new pinks, and I saw this for the first time. We had 11 enemies left in Plasma Pyramid, and one boss, all of sudden I had terrible lag/slowdown and after a few seconds the screen went black, the app crashed, and I wound up at the home screen.
    Exactly what happens to me. In Maps 5/6. It's frustating to clear and crash...

I've counted 8 personal crashes and 7 from my friends...

12.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #12
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Ok, make sure iTunes is set to set to send diagnostic information and I will attempt to take a look at the crash reports that Apple has collected tonight.

Which map is most likely to exhibit the problem?

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Ok, make sure iTunes is set to set to send diagnostic information and I will attempt to take a look at the crash reports that Apple has collected tonight.

Which map is most likely to exhibit the problem?

-ALS
    from personal experience I say both 5 and 6...

And how do I do that, I'm on my iPod...and live in Mexico.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me it was map 5 and 6 screen would go black and go to home screen. I have played on map 4 1 time and some of the maps from the first 2 campaigns and it has been fine.

TO Turn ON or OFF Sending Diagnostic Reports in Itunes during Sync

Right-click on the unit in iTunes, and click "Reset Warnings." The next time you sync, your system will ask if you want to send the reports.
    Do one of the following:

To allow iTunes to send information automatically, select "Do not ask me again," and then click Agree.

If you want iTunes to ask for your permission each time it sends information to Apple, deselect "Do not ask me again," and then click Agree.

If you don't want your device information sent to Apple, select "Do not ask me again," and then click Disagree
    This is from iTunes Help
    Last edited by Tailless; 08-07-2010 at 01:32 PM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #15
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Today's update (49500) adds some code to try to minimize the number of objects your client knows about, thus minimizing both bandwidth and minimizing usage. Can you try to reproduce the disconnects again? Additionally, if you are still getting disconnects on or after 49500, please shut down all Safari pages and restart your device. Send me as much information as possible about what you were doing when they happened.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

If you devs keep doing 2 updates a day...Most of it should be fixed in about a week hopefully

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Today's update (49500) adds some code to try to minimize the number of objects your client knows about, thus minimizing both bandwidth and minimizing usage. Can you try to reproduce the disconnects again? Additionally, if you are still getting disconnects on or after 49500, please shut down all Safari pages and restart your device. Send me as much information as possible about what you were doing when they happened.

-ALS
    I have crashed a number of times switching characters then going to the menu to check inventory. This is never entering a realm. I thought it might be my connection, but it does shut off the game.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

18.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    I have crashed a number of times switching characters then going to the menu to check inventory. This is never entering a realm. I thought it might be my connection, but it does shut off the game.
    I'll try to reproduce this with the steps you have provided.

-ALS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I play ALOT and i do NOT experience this "crashing"
    mabe because i pay for faster internet and i dont play on
    Budget Broadband

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've got 30mbps internet, I think it's more hardware issues for me when I round up about 20 enemies and have a team of mages with all sorts of AOEs.

That's when I usually crash too.