Thread: An Open Letter to STS on Censorship, Hate Speech and Bigotry

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    So, while I agree with this...if you look at the AL community, most of them are kids that will throw a rage fit if you look at them wrong. I feel as though it would start to be used as an insult rather than something to announce. I will say this though. It is not my place to decide this and I think the LGBTQ community should decide if they want the word back or not.
    The thing is players can easily circumvent the mute by replacing letters or mispelling the word and are already using the word as an insult. With that in mind, I feel it is a step forward in the right direction to completely unban the word - it would send the message that the word is not an inheritantly bad one, but rather a neutral term of self expression.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakmaiden View Post
    If you want to discuss politics, religion and other important social topics, join a chat room. This isn’t the platform to use. I’ve been on games with chat so filthy you couldn’t ask anything or find info about the game. Cuz that’s what ppl will do if they can. Plenty of tt cry threads as it stands.
    If it is so inappropriate, I am sure mods will close it as they see fit. With that said I don't think this is a tt cry thread at all, but a thoughtful message to STS about a possibly outdated decision.

Plus, just because other games you play have an unpleasant audience, does not mean AL gets a free pass to do the same. As members of this community we are able to skew the trends of how players behave towards each other, and shooting down people who want to take the first step towards that is not the way to go!
    Last edited by Cor; 09-28-2020 at 06:05 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cor For This Useful Post: