You bored. Like, LSD symptoms are cruising through your frontal lobe out of REM stage on/off difficulties. You just started night business management classes to get ahead in you dead-end career as the office paper boy.
To your right: Doug, long time drunken advice advocate and old undergrad roomate.
To your left: Betty, too shy to get anywhere with, but too attached to you to pursue other fish.
Knowing glances between the three of you quickly summarize the ambient moroseness the hour; The professor has been staring at a powerpoint simply restating that which flashes across the screen in tidy, but vague bullet points for the better part of the lesson. Even the TA has occasionally dozed throughout the torture.
Damn, feels like any one of those low budget college films, right before something dark and smelly hits the fan. You pray something DOES hit the fan, or the shadow sheep you were just counting will block out the view of the screen, totally not being members of your dismal dreamlike and OBE state hallucinations.

...Yes, shaking sensation, something IS happening! What? No, Betty, I dont have a pencil sharpener, sorry. Shoot. Help.
"Gum?"
YES! Doug, you saved my life. You could totally not be more useful today than this.
...Eyes widening, while I am reaching out for the second to last piece of blueberry goodness, Doug grabbed me by the wrist and hauls me past him. Betty is stammering something. The TA's mild snores have ceased. The teacher is hissing at Doug, damn elbow bruiser... wait no, that hissing is loud... why IS that?

Ah yes, that's because a small hole the size of a penny has started to burp out steam at sauna level rates. Egg-smelling steam too, the bad kind. Only now am I regretting coming to Hawaii... up until now I was too busy enjoying sweet beachside bars and the like, and - OH GOD LAVA.

unfortunately, I ended up putting too much backstory for this in any way to survive as a pass-it-along story, but that is what happens when bored and waiting for people to join the minecraft server... feel free to add on if you feel creative enough heh.