Thread: Luck & Re-roll

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default Luck & Re-roll

I have a couple questions

1. Is luck and re-roll the same thing?

2. Is it worth having a luck/re-roll pet?

- I tried some practice runs with occupy event.. I was getting trash drops with luck elixir and had arcane Chester with re-gifter HB and hisha AA. I stopped using hisha AA and my drops got better. Am I tripping or is this normal?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,067 Posts

1 Yes. This question has been answered over 50 times.
    2 That is your choice.

Event is normal, most items are hard to loot. Prefer to stick to the chests.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I understand event is normal and drop rate is always going to be minuscule. I guess what I’m asking is how does luck/re-roll affect drops. In other games I’ve played such as Diablo 2... magic find doesn’t increase drop rate but increases the chance for getting higher tier items. With high MF you’ll never get a white item.. only yellow and better.

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SS Falcon View Post
    I understand event is normal and drop rate is always going to be minuscule. I guess what I’m asking is how does luck/re-roll affect drops. In other games I’ve played such as Diablo 2... magic find doesn’t increase drop rate but increases the chance for getting higher tier items. With high MF you’ll never get a white item.. only yellow and better.
    I don't think it's same as magic find(I played trove which used mf too) ..what luck does is increase drop 1 tier up.. From common to rare or rare to epic ect...
    Am I right?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,067 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by firebelt & crystalkiller View Post
    I don't think it's same as magic find(I played trove which used mf too) ..what luck does is increase drop 1 tier up.. From common to rare or rare to epic ect...
    Am I right?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk
    I have been playing Trove alot recently too. Took me like 10 days to get lv 30 gunslinger and pr 16000.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SS Falcon View Post
    If your initial drop is from Common - Epic, re-roll increases the rarity of your initial drop by 1 up (if the lootable has it), otherwise will retain.

If your initial drop is from Legendary, Mythic, Vanity, Spirit, Set, re-roll would roll again throughout the lootable for a chance for better loot. If re-roll is better, then it upgrades, otherwise will retain.

If your initial drop is Arcane or Heroic, re-roll is neglected, you get your initial roll.

Other concepts related:

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Senior Member firebelt & crystalkiller's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Encryptions View Post
    I have been playing Trove alot recently too. Took me like 10 days to get lv 30 gunslinger and pr 16000.
    muhahah... i quit it cuz i was maxed out and had overflowing flux and was in all LB... played it for few yrs..its fun..but i highly reccoment u to start with neon ninja or icesage..GS is not fun imo..u are hyperreliant on ultimate.
    imma flex on u ..hes one ss
    Name:  muhahaha.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  336.2 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ilove_Poopoo View Post
    If your initial drop is from Common - Epic, re-roll increases the rarity of your initial drop by 1 up (if the lootable has it), otherwise will retain.

If your initial drop is from Legendary, Mythic, Vanity, Spirit, Set, re-roll would roll again throughout the lootable for a chance for better loot. If re-roll is better, then it upgrades, otherwise will retain.

If your initial drop is Arcane or Heroic, re-roll is neglected, you get your initial roll.

Other concepts related:

I swear to god it feels like re-roll doesn't work for vanities. Everytime I reroll from jarl I always get either cottage candles or painting: clouds -_-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    I swear to god it feels like re-roll doesn't work for vanities. Everytime I reroll from jarl I always get either cottage candles or painting: clouds -_-
    Your initial roll was rare if you re-rolled cottage candles of epic rarity. Your initial roll was epic if you re-rolled clouds painting of legendary rarity, based from re-roll rules and considering the lootable. Nothing seems wrong?

And how do you say so that re-roll doesn't feel like working for vanities? Your chances of looting a vanity from a re-roll only if your initial drop was a legendary, mythic (based from the lootable from the event).

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 10-15-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default Luck & Re-roll

Sometimes you’ll reroll common items and there is no explanation on that. You can have all the luck re-roll in the game and it still won’t matter it’s based off actual real life luck that’s just my opinion though
    When farming I always have around 90% re roll and it’s useless to me I stopped using luck after I farmed nordr for hours just to receive 3 chest. And even though it takes hours to farm something the drop rate of what you want everytime is almost non existent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Tackled; 10-15-2020 at 07:52 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tackled View Post
    Sometimes you’ll reroll common items and there is no explanation on that.
    Your initial common drop will retain If the lootable has no rare entity, or if common is the only entity in the lootable
    You can have all the luck re-roll in the game and it still won’t matter it’s based off actual real life luck that’s just my opinion though
    When farming I always have around 90% re roll and it’s useless to me I stopped using luck after I farmed nordr for hours just to receive 3 chest. And even though it takes hours to farm something the drop rate of what you want everytime is almost non existent
    The amount of re-roll you have is the probability of your initial drop to re-roll..

Re-roll rules only apply if you initially dropped something. Acquiring 100% luck doesn't mean that everything you kill would 100% drop something.

Last edited by Ilove_Poopoo; 10-15-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Default Luck & Re-roll

Your initial common drop will retain If the lootable has no rare entity, or if common is the only entity in the lootableThe amount of re-roll you have is the probability of your initial drop to re-roll..

Re-roll rules only apply if you initially dropped something. Acquiring 100% luck doesn't mean that everything you kill would 100% drop something.

I didn’t say a single word about every enemy that I kill should reroll that would be stupid to even think that. But when it comes to a boss I nearly reroll everytime for junk is what I’m getting at. And the way you explained “luck” beforehand is telling otherwise. But I see what you’re trying to get at

Sometimes I don’t use luck at all and it works out better for me. It’s just pure luck of your player to me always so

Last edited by Tackled; 10-15-2020 at 08:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Luck/reroll is the most overrated/useless mechanic in this game. Don't waste your resources on it. As per the post/screenshot above, the devs can simply put one special item, e.g. a weapon vanity, on ITS OWN LOOT TABLE WITH REALLY LOW ODDS (which I really believe is the case) so no one can ever REROLL to that vanity from a junk loot table.

The common/junk items are probably combined in one crappy loot table with the highest odds, so while yes you can reroll from WHITE TO GREEN, OR GREEN TO PURPLE, you are only rerolling within that JUNK LOOT TABLE. Luck/reroll DOES NOT increase your chances of landing a better loot table.
    Last edited by superpappy; 10-15-2020 at 08:43 AM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to superpappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

I didn’t say a single word about every enemy that I kill should reroll that would be stupid to even think that. But when it comes to a boss I nearly reroll everytime for junk is what I’m getting at. And the way you explained “luck” beforehand is telling otherwise. But I see what you’re trying to get at

Wdym by what I explained is telling otherwise?

You getting junk doesn't have anything to do with the concept of re-roll in this game.

What re-roll does for is either upgrade your initial loot by 1 rarity higher (common-epics), or would roll another time throughout the lootable (legendary-set).

If anybody gets junk then the odds of looting the good stuff is to be rooted at, not re-roll.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    334 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superpappy View Post
    Luck/reroll is the most overrated/useless mechanic in this game. Don't waste your resources on it. As per the post/screenshot above, the devs can simply put one special item, e.g. a weapon vanity, on ITS OWN LOOT TABLE WITH REALLY LOW ODDS (which I really believe is the case) so no one can ever REROLL to that vanity from a junk loot table.

The common/junk items are probably combined in one crappy loot table with the highest odds, so while yes you can reroll from WHITE TO GREEN, OR GREEN TO PURPLE, you are only rerolling within that JUNK LOOT TABLE. Luck/reroll DOES NOT increase your chances of landing a better loot table.
    No one ever said re-roll affected lootables.

Furthermore, I don't see the problem regarding junk items with highest odds. Its called common for a reason - meant to be commonly dropped.

But yes, since enemies may contain multiple lootables, Devs could simply just place the good stuff in seperate tables and fully neglect re-roll.

This is already happening - Vials in Elite shuyal, planar tombs, Taint/Endless sets from Hugthulu boss. These are from seperate lootables unaffected by re-roll.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Your initial roll was rare if you re-rolled cottage candles of epic rarity. Your initial roll was epic if you re-rolled clouds painting of legendary rarity, based from re-roll rules and considering the lootable. Nothing seems wrong?

And how do you say so that re-roll doesn't feel like working for vanities? Your chances of looting a vanity from a re-roll only if your initial drop was a legendary, mythic (based from the lootable from the event).

Don't get me wrong, I know it's been explained several times before as well about how re-roll works, I'm just saying that it FEELS like it's not working as it should. All I have are anecdotal statements ofc, I don't have a dev's word, but out of all the rerolls I've had during Jarl event, not a single one gave me a cyan loot (like merchant's sofa). All of those "good loot", I got from not rerolling at all.

It could just be my crappy luck, but then it could also be that somethings off and is not addressed.

Edit: come to think of it, you might be right. If we take into consideration that we reroll 1 table higher after a reroll, the chances of us looting a vanity/cyans from a reroll are very low considering bosses rarely drop pinks without reroll elix in the first place. Tl;dr, your reroll chance probably doesnt matter unless you're trying to loot a pink. Emphasis on probably.
    Last edited by Arachnophobik; 10-15-2020 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I know it's been explained several times before as well about how re-roll works, I'm just saying that it FEELS like it's not working as it should. All I have are anecdotal statements ofc, I don't have a dev's word, but out of all the rerolls I've had during Jarl event, not a single one gave me a cyan loot (like merchant's sofa). All of those "good loot", I got from not rerolling at all.

It could just be my crappy luck, but then it could also be that somethings off and is not addressed.

Edit: come to think of it, you might be right. If we take into consideration that we reroll 1 table higher after a reroll, the chances of us looting a vanity/cyans from a reroll are very low considering bosses rarely drop pinks without reroll elix in the first place. Tl;dr, your reroll chance probably doesnt matter unless you're trying to loot a pink. Emphasis on probably.

Yep what you experienced can be explained by the "cyans" belonging to one loot table, and the junk items (white, green, purple only) in another. So if you were picking from the junk loot table to begin with, you could NEVER reroll into the cyans (because they belong to another loot table). And of course when you were lucky enough to loot from the cyan table, there was no need to reroll since the loot table only contained cyans.
    Last edited by superpappy; 10-15-2020 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by superpappy View Post
    Yep what you experienced can be explained by the "cyans" belonging to one loot table, and the junk items (white, green, purple only) in another. So if you were picking from the junk loot table to begin with, you could NEVER reroll into the cyans (because they belong to another loot table). And of course when you were lucky enough to loot from the cyan table, there was no need to reroll since the loot table only contained cyans.

Interesting. So if luck/re-roll are the same then I guess you are correct about it being worthless. If luck actually worked.. then you would go up one tier.. but since luck is just re-roll.. you never actual go up a tier in loot.. your just re-rolling whichever tier item you get.