Thread: Scaled Voodoo?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Default Scaled Voodoo?

So. I see I got your attention by my title. Now that I have it I ask that you please read my whole post, I believe it will benefit the entire Spacetime studios very much so in the area of pvp (and even pve )

So it is a common known fact that there are alot of pvp struggles due to the fact that higher level characters join lower level games. For instance a level 20 joining a level 15 game. Now this level 20 can duel against level 10s! Obviously not a very fair fight right? But of course that is the way things are...

Now. We know that Spacetime has implemented the amazing idea of scaled items. What are scaled items? Scaled items are items which are part of a set, say the set is called "power." So let's say there is a "helm of power", "bow of power", and "leather of power;" this would be a set because all three pieces share the same "set name." Ok now let's say this set is level 25. A "scaled" version of this item would appear at level 21 and 23. In other words, when you attack and kill a boss and you are level 23 you would receive a level 23 item of power rather than level 25, (assuming the item of power drops) however there would be a little bit less stats than the level 25 version. Make sense? Even if you are still confused, just realize that the gear is better than just sticking with the last set at level 20, but not quite as good as the level 25 set.

This was a very good implement in my opinion because it offered the lower levels a better chance in pvp against higher levels. A very common, and lately even more so common pvp level is 51. the strategy behind this *is that a level 51 pvper can join any games ranging from 46-56. (remember 5 level range) This 51 will dominate 46-49, and stand a very good chance against 51-55 because the gear is very near same statistics. Whereas if the level 55 sewer gear didn't scale they would be stuck wearing level 50 gear until 55. Ultimately then every 5 levels would be such a drastic step up in stats that pvp would be very hard to make fair. Thanks to Spacetime Studios, this isn't the case-at least in most circumstances.

Recently I realized something. There are two places (maybe more but I only noticed 2) in pvp where scaled items are really needed, but don't exist. These levels are 31-33 and 46-48.

I will start with 31-33. Is it too much to ask that voodoo would scale at 31 and 33? Because honestly I've noticed that even the bad voodoo mages can pwn most good level 31-33s. Now I must say that this level is not quite as severe as 46-48 because of "green ice" items. (thanks again sts) However what I see as the determining factor is the voodoo fire pin. If this one simple item would scale, things would be much better balanced; all in my opinion of course.

Phew. Ok Let's take a breather. So in my opinion the above idea should be implemented. Now I'm going to move out of my opinions and present fact. Or more so a reality. Lol

46-48 pvpers don't stand a chance against level 50s!!! I'm sorry. They just don't. Don't even try to argue. It is plain as the nose on your face. Why do you think no one pvps at 45-49? Because after all if they had a chance they would take it right away. I mean the pinks are practically free! Is it too much to ask for scaled level 50 sets?

I'm sure the idea has been presented before, so what is the reason that it should not be implemented? I just can't put my finger on it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~MM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

owww...fooled by threads tittle...soo naive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

what r u talking about?! when I was 48 on my 51 twinkling I could easily kill 50's....the 50 population is mainly constructed of noobs.....I hardly see any 50 twinks

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Default Scaled Voodoo?

Ovi it may be true that most people at 50 arent too good bu theyre are some of us out there. And lvl 50 pvp is hard with the 51s joining :/ i use a lvl 45 to host my games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Er... Ever heard of l51 set vs glyph? Or even l51 vs crafted set? Yeah, hard on us funkys =p

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

I like how everyone argues with various points that I made and completely disregards the purpose of my thread O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I killed several 51s with my 45 dex mage, and could successfully kite the majority of level 50s, ultimately it comes down to skill, yes there may be an advantage, but will you complain or overcome it?
    Swamp gear actually does scale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

This all sounds great, but I only do lv 10-30 pvp, so I can't argue either side ^_^ nice post though
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@elyseon you missed the point like everyone else. The point is not that I think pvp is unbalanced. The point is, all the other gear scales, why not voodoo and 50 sets?

@apple thank man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Idk scaled gear is kinda annoying cuz u have people with it, who, whether they admit it or not, their whole reason for it is to kill lower levels. These are the same people that complain about 'oh ur using the normal leveled gear, u must be a noob'
    Take 51 gear, it is far superiour statwise to 50 gear, 56 is much better than 55 and so on. If u are using gear from the same campaign that is much more even, 51s be ready for 55s, 56s be ready for 60s. I kinda trailed away from my point. But one of the most epic things about the 50 cap was that there wasnt scaled stuff, either u werent 50 or you were. The 50 gear I must say was one of the biggest things making the 50 cap the best time in PL history

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@elyseon ok that's legit. Exactly the kind of answer I'm looking for. So thank you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

I agree yet I don't. You can get other swamp pinks at a lower level. It's like not being able to get a crafted item at 61. You can get other swamp pinks so I don't BELEIVE that this is a big problem. However why wasn't voodoo robes int lowered even though its part of a set?

Back on topic. I don't think people will change it. And I can easily beat a bad voodoo. Just never EVER EVER beat a good one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20