Thread: Camera settings

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spooked View Post
    Its beyond me how people quit over a camera angle.
    Good riddance i suppose. If your only argument is: its more effort to play the game, dont play games at all.
    Go sit on a couch or chair and lay down.
    Yet it would be helpful if they added a button to have this as a choice, i always believe things like these should be optional, same thing goes for the aura upon inspection feature.
    Or maybe do volunteer work like delivering food parcels to people who are shielding from covid like we do in our spare time. Or there's always cleaning your house in real life, getting up and doing some form of exercise.
    You don't have to lie down or sit in a chair when you're not playing games.
    AL is the only game I play and it's been more so during lockdown which we are currently going through again as of from yesterday.
    When you can't meet your family and friends in real life this game helps.
    The camera angle was strange at first, even on a phone. Maybe some devices and players can cope better with it.
    I wasn't aware it was put in place to deter botters but was put there to enhance the experience of the dungeons.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    283 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Susanne View Post
    Or maybe do volunteer work like delivering food parcels to people who are shielding from covid like we do in our spare time. Or there's always cleaning your house in real life, getting up and doing some form of exercise.
    You don't have to lie down or sit in a chair when you're not playing games.
    AL is the only game I play and it's been more so during lockdown which we are currently going through again as of from yesterday.
    When you can't meet your family and friends in real life this game helps.
    The camera angle was strange at first, even on a phone. Maybe some devices and players can cope better with it.
    I wasn't aware it was put in place to deter botters but was put there to enhance the experience of the dungeons.
    My point went straight over your head.
    My argument is, if you quit because a game throws in some variation making it so you cant just sit there and press the same buttons for 10 hours a day, you shouldnt be playing games.
    Games are supposed be a fun and relaxing time, if you were to be thrown off because the game changes SLIGHTLY, then why do you play it in the first place.
    I see more and more people see this game as a job rather than something to enjoy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah it's not really a matter of a little "variation". And I certainly don't see the game as a "job" lol. Just because it doesn't bother YOU doesn't mean it isn't affecting a lot of other people.

It's not a "slight" change for people using a keyboard. Example: I was running in Maus maps. The hallways are very narrow. With the camera angle changed, I have to literally CONSTANTLY click back and forth between the up arrow and the left arrow just to go in a semi-straight line. I couldn't even use the SP skill to shoot forward because I kept banging into walls. Those corridors are long, and finally I got sick of it and left. I have no idea what the change is like on a touchscreen. But on a keyboard, it's more than a minor change. It renders the game unplayable. As someone above said, you have to constantly zig-zag back and forth. Your skills like SP don't work properly, and you are literally constantly clicking your fingers on the keys, back and forth, back and forth.

Imagine a long map with narrow sections like the Valentine's event. As it is, without a SS, people can't keep up (and even with one, if people have OP speed sets/awakes they're off in the distance anyway). Now couple that with having to zig-zag all the way through the entire freaking map.

This game IS something to enjoy, and this change it making it damn near impossible to find enjoyment in it.