Thread: From PL to Sl...HELP!!!!!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default From PL to Sl...HELP!!!!!

so i have a level 65 Bird, a level 35 mage and a, level 29 warrior on PL so i know what i am doin I have also had SL sense the very first day it came out on ios but never got into it very much, what i wanted you to do for me is tell me is it worth getting into? If so i need some pointers because i am la level 16 op and am having trouble with this game, credits dont come as easy to me and leveling seems to take alot of time ( i like how the leveling is in PL time wise ) and it seems that when eveer i am starting to build up some credits i use them all on potions... HELP???!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts

Same concerns for me when I tried to play SL! Any advice would be great

Proud Member of Eclipse
    PL: Rocshana[main, lvl 75]
    AL: Roc [warrior] with my trusty puppy Crescent

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    351 Posts

Ok, umm... Sts have made the first few lvls easier now, so lvling will be quicker and less stim pack usage.
    Op is a hard class to play as, especially if your not getting into it well, why don't you try a Com?
    Probably be best to try again from the beginning.
    Next you'll need to find a good starter guild, Sparxta and lil'pawnies are good ones for low levels.

Chatting on the forums about things your having difficulty is good, that will help you :-)

GL - Mitchturbo
    "Still Retired but casually dueling in PvP from Time to Time"
    EXTREME BOSS SLAYERS Are Back!
    Wanting a signature? Send me a Pm (SL credits only)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

If you cant fight good group just do lvl1 of all the maps,that way its very easy and you can solo too.But if you can find a group then do farming to earn credits

Dynastar lvl3,4,5 for L5 armor and guns (not sure if lvl3 also drops rare)

Red Sun lvl5 for L10 armor and L9,L10 guns

Cycorps lvl5 for L11,12,13,14,15 armor(depending on your lvl) and L14/15 guns.Also epic chests appearing randomly anywhere in Cycorps also drop rare armor(Epic/Elite chest is a little bigger than the normal one).

Dynastar-You will gain xp from Level1 till you hit Level9
    Red Sun-You will gain xp from Level4 till you hit Level13
    Cycorps-You will gain xp from Level8 till you hit Level18

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts

A big help... Is premium character with the 11 auction spots you can farm, merch, and sell. You may be asking why go SL over PL (Don't! PL is better) because SL has more creativeness. Although pvp is kinda weak I think SL pve is better for the first 43 levels. (Yes I know you can only go 41) A major money maker in SL is vanities! There is a guide to vanities but I'm to lazy to link it so look it up.

Ps. This came from a guy who doesn't like SL pretty good eh?
    Last edited by Sryyoulose; 04-02-2012 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Yay for dumb Typo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud Member of:
    <The Community Guild> PL Chars: Sryyoulose L76, swept L10
    SL Chars: Sryyoulose L40, Affair L28, XPLX L20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Hmm use commando to farm skill area blast++ cannon area dmg kill mob fast

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sryyoulose View Post
    A big help... Is premium character with the 11 auction spots you can farm, merch, and sell. You may be asking why go SL over PL (Don't! PL is better) because SL has more creativeness. Although pvp is kinda weak I think SL pve is better for the first 43 levels. (Yes I know you can only go 41) A major money maker in SL is vanities! There is a guide to vanities but I'm to lazy to link it so look it up.

Ps. This came from a guy who doesn't like SL pretty good eh?
    Great thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Hello, UrbanSquirrel!

And welcome to the world of tomorrow! (c) Futurama.. Lol

Let's decide from the start: do u like the sci-fi setting or u LOVE it?

If second, then take yo time to read my tips

As i can see, u have 3 major points to be helped with: credits, stims, levelling

Let's start from stimpacks:

There are several ways to obtain/save them

1. Find yourself a good friend engie to make runs with. If you can't find friend, then join a decent guild. When choosing a guild ask about Tier3 guildhall, coz stims are twice as cheap in the vendors there. If u feel like a jedi - then add me in game (ign flashbackflip) and i will invite u to the Jedi Council guild

2. You found an engie, but he/she is not THAT cool? Then slow down yo pace! Let the engie heal u twice b4 going to next mob

3. Still can not find an engie? Then make an engie alt especially for farming!

4. Another way to get stims is to make an alt, finish first campaign or two (after finishing full maps you get stims as bonus) then stash all of them, delete yo alt and pick the stims with yo main (personally i don't like this way, but you should know about it i guess). Starting campaigns were made easier just recently, so i guess u will have no troubles running them

The next tips are for getting credits:

First of all, credits ARE harder to get in SL than in PL, but this leads to less inflation and more stable market

Go to lower levels and farm there for greens or even orange items for 6-17 lvls. Sell them at the market. Yes, it IS repetitive and YES, sometimes nobody buyes anything, but if yoy plan your timing wise (notice when the most players are online and plce yo bets accordingly) you can get from 200 to 500 creds for oranges and from 1000 to 5000 for greens. Look at the DefyDuck's post in this thread - he gave you good advise on where to find what

The second option is... Begging! Lol joking .. Noone likes beggars

The last, but not the least is levelling:

The easiest way is to join a guild which provides power levelling (not all of them do).. I heard a story of a guy from Spartans guild who levelled from 1 to 41 in 12(!!) hours with the help of guildies.. He obviously had lots of coffee mugs, but i think u get the point))

The other way is to run first maps of campaigns over and over as generally you can solo first two or three maps easily

Another way is to find a friend at the same level (chat at BlackStar and you get acquainted with cool guys rather quickly) and do runs together.. Preferrably, this guy should be an engineer

And a couple of words about Operative class:

Ops are the fast-killaz, but should pay attention to the amount of enemies they can handle.. If there's 4-5-6 dudes attackin you then don't hesistate to retreat and lose some of them when they reach their max radius of operation and return to their initial positions

The main skill to solo maps is 'pulling' - you come close, shoot, get attention and run back shooting and applying skills killing enemies one by one. When u r done with one mob - heal with inner focus and repeat

Personally i love Operative (its my main) and can handle large groups of bad guys alone, but this comes with experience and could be stim-consuming

I hope i helped you a bit.. If you have other questions or want to discuss any particular part of this post in more details - tell me

Also i hope you will stay and become real hardcore player)) we need those!

May the Force b with ya!
    Last edited by flashbackflip; 04-02-2012 at 05:21 PM.
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flashbackflip For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flashbackflip View Post
    Hello, UrbanSquirrel!

And welcome to the world of tomorrow! (c) Futurama.. Lol

Let's decide from the start: do u like the sci-fi setting or u LOVE it?

If second, then take yo time to read my tips

As i can see, u have 3 major points to be helped with: credits, stims, levelling

Let's start from stimpacks:

There are several ways to obtain/save them

1. Find yourself a good friend engie to make runs with. If you can't find friend, then join a decent guild. When choosing a guild ask about Tier3 guildhall, coz stims are twice as cheap in the vendors there. If u feel like a jedi - then add me in game (ign flashbackflip) and i will invite u to the Jedi Council guild

2. You found an engie, but he/she is not THAT cool? Then slow down yo pace! Let the engie heal u twice b4 going to next mob

3. Still can not find an engie? Then make an engie alt especially for farming!

4. Another way to get stims is to make an alt, finish first campaign or two (after finishing full maps you get stims as bonus) then stash all of them, delete yo alt and pick the stims with yo main (personally i don't like this way, but you should know about it i guess). Starting campaigns were made easier just recently, so i guess u will have no troubles running them

The next tips are for getting credits:

First of all, credits ARE harder to get in SL than in PL, but this leads to less inflation and more stable market

Go to lower levels and farm there for greens or even orange items for 6-17 lvls. Sell them at the market. Yes, it IS repetitive and YES, sometimes nobody buyes anything, but if yoy plan your timing wise (notice when the most players are online and plce yo bets accordingly) you can get from 200 to 500 creds for oranges and from 1000 to 5000 for greens. Look at the DefyDuck's post in this thread - he gave you good advise on where to find what

The second option is... Begging! Lol joking .. Noone likes beggars

The last, but not the least is levelling:

The easiest way is to join a guild which provides power levelling (not all of them do).. I heard a story of a guy from Spartans guild who levelled from 1 to 41 in 12(!!) hours with the help of guildies.. He obviously had lots of coffee mugs, but i think u get the point))

The other way is to run first maps of campaigns over and over as generally you can solo first two or three maps easily

Another way is to find a friend at the same level (chat at BlackStar and you get acquainted with fool guys rather quickly) and do runs together.. Preferrably, this guy should be an engineer

And a couple of words about Operative class:

Ops are the fast-killaz, but should pay attention to the amount of enemies they can handle.. If there's 4-5-6 dudes attackin you then don't hesistate to retreat and lose some of them when they reach their max radius of operation and return to their initial positions

The main skill to solo maps is 'pulling' - you come close, shoot, get attention and run back shooting and applying skills killing enemies one by one. When u r done with one mob - heal with inner focus and repeat

Personally i love Operative (its my main) and can handle large groups of bad guys alone, but this comes with experience and could be stim-consuming

I hope i helped you a bit.. If you have other questions or want to discuss any particular part of this post in more details - tell me

Also i hope you will stay and become real hardcore player)) we need those!

May the Force b with ya!
    Thanks soooooo much! Restarted and now have a level 11 thanks all and git a green in low lever but only worth 400c haha night all!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZeUrbanSqwrl2 View Post
    git a green in low lever but only worth 400c

Greens r different - some r cheaper, others r more expensive..

Also, pay attention on how many of those are being traded at CS. If there r too many of them - then u might consider to wait and sell it later with more profit

Also - 400c is not that cheap in SL, not to mention 'one credit makes a million' proverb

Have fun
    click my sig to join

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roc View Post
    Same concerns for me when I tried to play SL! Any advice would be great
    Add me on PL and SL?!?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

git a green in low lever but only worth 400c

Greens r different - some r cheaper, others r more expensive..

Also, pay attention on how many of those are being traded at CS. If there r too many of them - then u might consider to wait and sell it later with more profit

Also - 400c is not that cheap in SL, not to mention 'one credit makes a million' proverb

Have fun
    can i add you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

can i add you?
    Sure thing!

The igns are flashbackflip (main) and Consular (AoB toon)
    click my sig to join

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

If you need a good engineer friend my engie! I never bought any stims since beta.
    Ign is Abekrie

Edit: I just gave my spell checker a time out
    Last edited by Cahaun; 04-02-2012 at 03:10 PM.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

can i add you?
    Sure thing!

The igns are flashbackflip (main) and Consular (AoB toon)
    ok my ign is LvlCap so look for me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Another way to cut the price on stim costs is to join a guild with a tier 3 guildhall. Half-priced stims and reduced cost elixers in the guildhall make this a nice option. Plus, there's the added benefit of having guildmates to do runs with.

Also, when you run, carry less than 25 stims, as the game will occasionally drop stims on kills. Once you hit 25, though, they quit dropping, so go stash them.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Last edited by Deathpunch; 04-02-2012 at 04:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

@flashbackflip, VERY good reply!

I'm going to elaborate on one thing, the stim generating game. After they nerfed the first two campaigns on Friday I went into Dyna with a level 5 with no stims and no credits and played the maps through from I to V. When I was done I had 9 stims and 8 powerpacks (the blue stims) and about 350 credits.

I am leveling a L33 in Biosphere at the moment and I use no stims or powerpacks, and the boss sometimes drops a sellable item.

So, really, the whole stim issue is solved. If I need them, and have no credits, I can farm them. But if I play carefully, I don't use them.

However, I did spend a day leveling random toons to L5 and then stashing and deleting. You can do half a dozen or more per hour, and get about 150 of each plus a thousand credits. You just have to be patient.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Default From PL to Sl...HELP!!!!!

How to get rich.
    1Buy a premium character (for the auction slots)
    2Find a helpful guild
    3Ask the guild to help u lvl (/g Hey guys, I'm trying to level, all help is appreciated)
    4reach L30+
    5Farm CyCorp5 for greens.
    6Sell the greens in CS for about 1k each.
    7Repeat steps 5-6 until you are rich.
    8GIVE YO MONEY TO ME!!!!! Jk
    Hope this helped and welcome to SL