Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The reason why you guys "think" 1.3 "has issues"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Default The reason why you guys "think" 1.3 "has issues"

You rushed the devs!

As simple as that. You guys kept asking, "when is 1.3 coming out?!?!" or demanding, "Hurry up devs!!" And therefore, since they wanted to create 1.3 finally to shut you guys up, they messed up on a few things.

And now the devs are being more stressed based on the fact that your telling them right in their face that there are many bugs! If only you guys were patient, none of this wouldn't have happened!

No offense....
    List of Insults! Found by me.
    THIS IS!!!!!!!.....sparta.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No offense taken I think we should wait until the the next major update! And dev should make it freaking awsome
    Name: TylerBoyd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lightning i absolutly agree with u except for the fact that i think 1.3 doesnt suck. I think its different than before and i think some ppl just cant handle the changes. Personally i like 1.3 alot so devs u did a good job keep up the good work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

meh i would have rather had it come out early and have the devs fix the bugs up after, they have already had like 5 patches or somthing since 1.3, i think the devs are going great

only thing i can criticise is the changed weapon models and the fact everything looks so basic that its made out of playdoh, but im sure that will be fixed in time, at first it bugged me like crazy cos all the weapons looked different, but now it doesnt bother me as much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TylerBoyd View Post
    No offense taken I think we should wait until the the next major update! And dev should make it freaking awsome
    well, the next update is gonna be 1.4 and I'm not sure what will happen in there. Hopefully it IS something major lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Okay I can't wait for 1.4 it's going to be epic
    Name: TylerBoyd

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rnrking View Post
    Lightning i absolutly agree with u except for the fact that i think 1.3 doesnt suck. I think its different than before and i think some ppl just cant handle the changes. Personally i like 1.3 alot so devs u did a good job keep up the good work.
    I didn't say 1.3 sucks lol. I like it! I'm just saying the devs were rushed due to the fact that people were demanding for 1.3.

Quote Originally Posted by Violentsaint View Post
    meh i would have rather had it come out early and have the devs fix the bugs up after, they have already had like 5 patches or somthing since 1.3, i think the devs are going great

only thing i can criticise is the changed weapon models and the fact everything looks so basic that its made out of playdoh, but im sure that will be fixed in time, at first it bugged me like crazy cos all the weapons looked different, but now it doesnt bother me as much.
    So You prefer the devs to mess up and force them to fix the bugs and give more stress to the devs? Really? :l.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

srry lightning my mistake lol. I would have liked to see some kinda map come out while we were waiting for 1.3 though cuz for us lvl45's that dont do much farming there was hardly anything to do. Oh well 1.3 is out and now its all good.

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Lightning, you are way off base here. We did not rush it out, and it is totally understandable that people want content as soon as they can get it. We were ready for it to go.

Our impression is that 1.3 had a rough reception because:

1) We locked the Stash until players had done some quests. Mistake on our part. The idea was for NEW characters to have to unlock it, existing ones should not have had to.
    2) We locked dungeon levels until you had completed their predecessor. Again, mistake. At least until Swamps, we think that people should be able to play whatever they want, when they want.
    3) Art revamp - we touched EVERY art asset in the game. Many have not fully recovered, but there is no reason we cant bring them back to approximate their previous level of visual flair.
    4) All content produced was for lower-level players.
    5) Navigation changed. People don't like change.

None of these things are critical in and of themselves, but it really threw a lot of people off, so much so that they missed the much larger implications of an open world and quest-based structure.

We feel we hit 1.3 right out of the park. We had a few missteps (you always do with such a monumental release) but we are fixing issues as quickly as they come up.

Last week everyone was still jammed in the same towne, with nothing to do but spam "FOR SALE TOTH PINK 75K" and hit NEW GAME to go to a host screen. Today Alterra is a living, breathing world... ever-expanding with more and more to do. By now you guys should realize now what we have our hands on... a platform so powerful and flexible that it really can rival the best MMO on ANY platform.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Lightning, you are way off base here. We did not rush it out, and it is totally understandable that people want content as soon as they can get it. We were ready for it to go.

Our impression is that 1.3 had a rough reception because:

1) We locked the Stash until players had done some quests. Mistake on our part. The idea was for NEW characters to have to unlock it, existing ones should not have had to.
    2) We locked dungeon levels until you had completed their predecessor. Again, mistake. At least until Swamps, we think that people should be able to play whatever they want, when they want.
    3) Art revamp - we touched EVERY art asset in the game. Many have not fully recovered, but there is no reason we cant bring them back to approximate their previous level of visual flair.
    4) All content produced was for lower-level players.
    5) Navigation changed. People don't like change.

None of these things are critical in and of themselves, but it really threw a lot of people off, so much so that they missed the much larger implications of an open world and quest-based structure.

We feel we hit 1.3 right out of the park. We had a few missteps (you always do with such a monumental release) but we are fixing issues as quickly as they come up.

Last week everyone was still jammed in the same towne, with nothing to do but spam "FOR SALE TOTH PINK 75K" and hit NEW GAME to go to a host screen. Today Alterra is a living, breathing world... ever-expanding with more and more to do. By now you guys should realize now what we have our hands on... a platform so powerful and flexible that it really can rival the best MMO on ANY platform.
    Word Justg! Word!

Just please keep the crossbows as they are I love the new look!!!!

Especially the jeweled crossbows
    IAMBIRDMAN LVL50 SNIPER
    IAMTHEBEAR LVL45 TANK
    IAMABOOMSTICK LV45 NUKER/HEALER
    I put reality into words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

3) art revamp, bring back the old art and u will have my eternal gratitude.

oh and u spelt thoth wrong

great work with 1.3 devs, im proud of you all ^^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ahh, mmk I get it. Thanks G .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The jeweled cbows are my favorite. i love them!

But even tho PL only been out for close to a half a year, its pretty close to WoW. Never played it myself, but it seems people like it. In my opinion, PL is the equivalent of WoW for the Iphone, Ipod, and Ipad. But it still has a long way to go, Im sure we all agree, before people put it on the number 1 spot for any platform. But hey, its on my list. But the devs have done an extremely well jobm and hopefully if i dont lose intrest, i will play it for a while.
    Last edited by tjornan; 08-09-2010 at 10:30 PM.
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

14.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #14
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

We've been out 4 months! Just wait till we're out for a year!

*THOTH*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

"Oldies" have issues with 1.3, not the other way around. Maybe oldies ought try being newbies again. It could be fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

World of warcraft progresses a little too slow. Once the new expansion comes out, everyone rushes to play it, then when their is nothing to do, everyone sits in town spamming. Except, in Pl the changes are often and not every 1 -2 years ><

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    "Oldies" have issues with 1.3, not the other way around. Maybe oldies ought try being newbies again. It could be fun.
    I never complain about the updates, there hasn't been one that sucked for me

Well maybe just one, when pinks dropped like crazy, I didn't like that hehe peace
    IAMBIRDMAN LVL50 SNIPER
    IAMTHEBEAR LVL45 TANK
    IAMABOOMSTICK LV45 NUKER/HEALER
    I put reality into words.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

hey justg can u sticky my giveaway on the 13th of august to celebrate its 1 month anniversary

its almost at 5000 views!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hey justg can u sticky my giveaway on the 13th of august to celebrate its 1 month anniversary

its almost at 5000 views!
    In my experience, if you ask for one, they tend to not do it. It doesnt matter if they do or not, because us forum peeps will bump your thread forever! screw the no bumping rule!
    Renumoth damage pot spamming, 91 dodge, sexy shiv bear
    Tjornan super ultra pink carrying, rich pally Mokugoja Pretty lame twink really
    Phoenix Guild. Rising From the Ashes
    "Im here to kick butt and drink milk. and i just finished my milk...." - ME

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tjornan View Post
    In my experience, if you ask for one, they tend to not do it. It doesnt matter if they do or not, because us forum peeps will bump your thread forever! screw the no bumping rule!
    Haha lol!!!