Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chain Reaction

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

OH MY GOSH LOOK OVER THERE!---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> (Nothing)
    But below me you can see an un related whale

╭━━━━━━━━━╮╭┓┈┈┏╮
    ┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃┃╰╮╭╯┃
    ┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┃╰━┓┏━╯
    ┃┈┈┈┈┈-●┈┈┈╰━━╯┃
    ┣━━━━━━╯┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
    ╰━━━━━-=-==-=-=-=====━━╯
    un related whale

ALSO,due to the amount of hate in this thread going on I'm going to be a walrus like I said before
    Would you look at that its the banana king

You've been trolled face palm*

YOU'VE BEEN TROLLED

OMG OMG OMG LOOK --->YOU'VE BEEN TROLLED AGAIN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I would have alot more respect for u if u were one, they are one step below oysters

Last edited by Elyseon; 04-09-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

IMO the whale is the best thing you wrote in this thread so far I do agree with you saying there are too many kill farmers though...
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

^ And I can't believe your a "Ambassador of Alterra" making fun of me trying to discriminate against my thread, saying I'm more lowly than an oyster and trying to stop me from doing anything good. When I "Troll" I'm doing it for fun and for the laughs and as a joke you on the other hand want to seriously hurt someone's feelings and attitudes against others. Its because people like YOU that make me not want to do good, and feel like giving up. How on earth did someone like you get to become an Ambassador of Alterra. Also here is a fact: Walruses eat oysters so they are a step ahead on the food chain, not below

YOU'VE BEEN TROLLED

a cardboard box within a cardboard box inside vyxnaars cardboard box body (he's a pinata)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Do we have to add the new people? I used to try and help new people a few months back and it was fine at first. A few thank yous here and there were nice. Till the constant begging for gold and the spam invites and constant "help me lvl?" Pm's started to pile on. Oh and good luck with the whole walrus thing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Sorry apple i didn't want to direct that 2 u wanted to direct it to ely

YOU'VE BEEN TROLLED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I'm sorry if I went overboard, but that's how I truly feel

YOU'VE BEEN TROLLED

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac:614222
    Okay I was with you until you said I should pay some newby 50k for his "BASTARD SWORD OF ARNOLD SCHRAWTSINAGR". They need to learn that some pinks are worhless crap... :-/ and besides if they are genuin newbs 500 is a lot. I'll help the community by giving advice,items, or even large sums of money, but I don't see how giving a newbie 50k for crap will help :-/. After all, they will now think "my pinkz r wurth sumting!" and will sell pinks at outrageously high prices... Think about what u just did. You gave a newby 50k and taught him that, "IF I GET A PINK I CAN SELL IT FOR TONS OF MONEY! IM GONNA GO FARM SKELLER CRYPTS FOR FIVE HOURS!"... Now the new player is even worse off then before.
    Yup. Giving them a ton of gold for a "poopink" will do nothing but set them up to fail, thus doing more harm than good.

Here's an idea, actually TEACH newbies things. I encounter newbies often and occasionally when they are begging for stuff I will tell them "come one, let's go run a bit and get you some gear, all begging will do is get people mad at you." (we all know it is true, every one of us has muted a newbie at some point for begging or just told them to go away.)

But anyway, I would take them into a dungeon but I won't use my main, i'll use a toon of their class and their level. With this toon I will show them the power that can be pulled out of their class with the right stuff and a little hard work. On countless occasions I have left the newbie with some not-so-awesome-but-not-so-bad items (such as halloween gear, always a good item to give to a newbie because thry are better than most things the newbies would be able to get their hands on) and met them later and they are level 50+ with some really good gear.

To sum it up, teaching will always trump being charitable. Giving people a lot of gold for a crap pink may make them feel good but it will also make them think they can get the same amount for other crap pinks and eventually they will get discouraged when they find out they got a handout and they wasted their time farming crap pinks.

It's a nice thought though.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lowlyspy View Post
    Yup. Giving them a ton of gold for a "poopink" will do nothing but set them up to fail, thus doing more harm than good.

Here's an idea, actually TEACH newbies things. I encounter newbies often and occasionally when they are begging for stuff I will tell them "come one, let's go run a bit and get you some gear, all begging will do is get people mad at you." (we all know it is true, every one of us has muted a newbie at some point for begging or just told them to go away.)

But anyway, I would take them into a dungeon but I won't use my main, i'll use a toon of their class and their level. With this toon I will show them the power that can be pulled out of their class with the right stuff and a little hard work. On countless occasions I have left the newbie with some not-so-awesome-but-not-so-bad items (such as halloween gear, always a good item to give to a newbie because thry are better than most things the newbies would be able to get their hands on) and met them later and they are level 50+ with some really good gear.

To sum it up, teaching will always trump being charitable. Giving people a lot of gold for a crap pink may make them feel good but it will also make them think they can get the same amount for other crap pinks and eventually they will get discouraged when they find out they got a handout and they wasted their time farming crap pinks.

It's a nice thought though.
    And that it why lowly is AoA ^_^ lol... I just gained so much respect for you.
    EVERYONE'S FAVORITE APPLE
    \Down with the Rep!/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appleisaac:614315
    And that it why lowly was AoA ^_^ lol... I just gained so much respect for you.
    Fixed that for ya. Resigned when I retired from PL.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep