Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Actions and Energy Mechanic

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Question Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Actions and Energy Mechanic

Dark Legends features an Energy mechanic and Actions that cost energy. After you have played Dark Legends, we would like to hear your input about the use of Energy and the many Actions you can perform in Dark Legends.

We ask that you please keep your feedback constructive, as per the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Samhayne; 04-11-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

About the energy, is there a way to play without it? Meaning, does every action you perform cost energy?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Energy: The energy costs are too steep in my opinion. I like to grind constantly. This system only allows me to do a few passive quests before I run out. 6 energy to click a button and get XP? No fighting whatsoever? That's steep with a max of 25 energy. But I understand those missions are a one time thing, and I could spend my 25 energy just doing 3 energy multiplayer stages back to back. But still, the stages are so fast, thats not much grinding before I have to stop/sink RL dollas.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Well reminds me of cityville and farmville.. Basically the more money u pay the more u can play. Its for casual players, im guessing its a good miney maker but for me its boring. Dont like the entire concept. Other aspects of game are great, but eith energie its like klick on this button. Wait 5 min repeat. Basically, so many ways to abuse these kind if games.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

I wish the "height" was locked when i unlock the "following camera"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

I would gladly do with the energy thing.. Lol. :x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

The energy implement is the biggest downfall. It broadly restricts game play - to me it should either be removed/less-restrictive unless the true intent admittedly is absolute pay-to-play where you continually refill it using the platinum currency bought with money.
    | PL: Odin | ECLIPSE

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DexGOD For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

it's a good mix between farmville and real time MMOs I guess. Should appeal a lot to OCD folks, perhaps a bit less to folks with restricted gaming hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

For me all is ok, except for energie.

Dear sts please remove this one, to be honest we players will still purchase platunums, but with this energy implementation, i believe there will be few players,

More players means a possibility of more plat purchase, ayt, i support you guys

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

What was the reason for energy mechanic? I mean i disagree completely for a new game i run out of energy makes me wanna stop and go back to pl or sl where i can play all day and level all day

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

13. The Following User Says Thank You to razerfingers For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Energy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

can't say that I understand why energy was implemented either...

Seems like STS makes plenty of money on their current business model. This business model seems way over board. I can't play as much as I want... I can't do as much as I want. and everything is wave overpriced.

Meh. I absolutely love the game, but not sure how long I will be able to deal with the energy crap. I'm way too much of a binge gamer. Energy games restrain my binging and drive me crazy.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #13
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    About the energy, is there a way to play without it? Meaning, does every action you perform cost energy?
    Playing PvP does not cost energy.

Hanging out in the social spaces does not cost energy.

Pretty much everything else (actions and missions) does. Also, Energy is a item - you can get lucky and get more as drops from opponents and bosses!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

seems like energy is the main concern. i completely agree. it limits the game so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Playing PvP does not cost energy.

Hanging out in the social spaces does not cost energy.

Pretty much everything else (actions and missions) does. Also, Energy is a item - you can get lucky and get more as drops from opponents and bosses!
    what would be nice is to collect and use at a later date, but grinding is out the window here since all armors and such are vanity.
    like send a friend energy to help them out like gifts.
    Last edited by octavos; 04-11-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Why when you buy plat you get LESS??? All the platinum amounts went down for the amount of real $$$!!!
    Hey!
    Check out------->Soloing Guide
    In the works! 2K15

20.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swampy View Post
    Why when you buy plat you get LESS??? All the platinum amounts went down for the amount of real $$$!!!
    Platinum is specific to each game. Dark Legends is a new game with different Platinum options. As a reminder, we're limited by Apple in that we cannot share Platinum across accounts by their terms of service.
    | | | |

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Default Energy Feedback

*disclaimer It is my sole opinion*
    The energy idea seemed cool the first five minutes of game play. It was like a privilege to be able to go into a dungeon. Now I'm stuck on level 6 waiting for my energy to regenerate.

I have done some thinking and I figured that if you plan it out you can possibly avoid getting stuck by strategically spending energy in specific dungeons.

But this isn't what an average MMO is based upon. What one wants to do in an MMO is get on and grind endlessly (for those who can) to get maxed out or to obtain that legendary gear drop. What you may as well do is give players 100 plat per day and make each dungeon run cost like 2 plat. I feel that this energy concept was planned to make the game more story-like. Not all players (hardcore grinders) will enjoy this.

I already don't enjoy it because I feel it should be open access to a dungeon when I just want to jump in randomly and start hacking and slashing some zombies!

Just my .02

Edit: noticed I didn't suggest how to fix this.
    Simply make it as PL and SL. Free access (no energy costs because to me it seems as elixirs in disguise and not all can afford elixirs) to dungeons. Free access to host a random map game.
    Or make it so you can have a different map without the gain of xp or progress in story but can farm/grind kills and/or loot.
    Last edited by XchilangopwnX; 04-11-2012 at 03:51 PM.

PvP Builds DL Tourney
    "...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself..." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Sam: Another problem with this whole energy mess. I waited and waited for my energy to replenish. Finally got 3 energy, and went into a mission. Then, as i am fighting my way through, my wife calls my phone. Just like in all STS games, when I get a phone call, it disconnects me from the game! So when I log back in, I lost my three energy, and I was no longer in the stage. This makes the annoying situation even more annoying. I waited for nothing, lost 3 energy for nothing, and got no experience for my loss.

Is there ANY way you guys can make phone calls NOT log you out of the game?? Or make it so that when you log back into the game, you will start in whatever dungeon you disconnected in?

Let's make it SPARKLE!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Deleting (or emptying) my posts critiquing dark legends.
    Last edited by MrKrone; 04-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    PL ~ Mrkrone - FluxPlumage - CrushedHope - CrushedDream - CrushedMind ~