Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Actions and Energy Mechanic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

I enjoy the game when I can actually play. The energy running out so fast is a major setback for me though.

Maybe it could be made so energy is like a stat and we get a few points per level to put into it so we can make it so we have a higher energy cap.

Or like someone else suggested make some gear that boosts energy, that would suffice as well.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lowlyspy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Adding to the I-hate-energy movement, everything I feel has been said. Luckily I can talk to friends without it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

EDIT: I like Lady_Pebbles' suggestion.
    Last edited by Carth; 04-11-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Well, I didn't realy mind the energy thingy until I stumbled upon the 1.5h waiting time..
    I left, played a bit of SL, came back and played some more.
    But then.. then I wanderd upon the 3h timer.
    3 hours to wait till a mission expires? And the best thing is, I can't move on in the campaign until that timer hits 0.

I guess that my initial thought of not worrying to much about the energy system was wrong.

I'm guessing that the Times will even get worse with every lvl above mine so I'm gonna quit, I don't wanna annoy myself by clicking on a mission that'll cost me 10 energy and wich will take 4.5h to Finnish.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Exion For This Useful Post:

Lady_Pebbles

I'll make this comment quick and the suggestions a list..

Feedback/Comment: Energy System sucks royally.

Suggestions:

1.Remove it completely or tweak it.

2. If you plan to tweak it then I suggest:

---A. Raise our energy by 12 per level.

---B. Add items that raise our energy. I.e. Equipment not just as a pot-like item or boss/mob drops of energy.

---C. Lower the time period needed for energy to regen. I.e. Instead of 5 minutes for 1 energy, how about 2 minutes for every 1 energy? 2 minutes is fair.. 3 minutes is annoying, 4 & more minutes is just ridiculous imo.

---D. Add mini-games in the form of quests so when we are waiting for our energy to regen, we can play some mini-games that could give us another type of currency in which we could trade in a certain amount for energy. Or something like that. This would keep us busy & we will have our energy maxed by the time we're done with them. Plus we can save the extra energy or add it to the bar making it go from 25 to 28/30 depending how much we get. Lets say.. 500 points would give us 3 energy. Not much but keeps us busy as our energy regens and we atempt to gain more. Maybe even allow us to save those extra ones for later too.

Side Note: I would like the time period for collecting on a quest we already finished to be lowered as well. One to three or more hours of a wait is ridiculously long.. Especially when all we do is initiate a cutscene and its automatically completed. What is the point of waiting that long? If its due to the fact that we can redo them then reduce the amount of exp & coins we get out of them after the first couple of times we do them.

Can't think of anything else atm... If I do I will post them. >__<

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 04-11-2012 at 08:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Not mentioned yet in this thread. A 2nd toon slot in DL costs 50 plat, in SL and PL it costs 5 plat.
    Now, i reserved 2 names for DL at a cost of 20 plat each. I thought it safe to assume it would cost 5 plat again to get the second slot, i was wrong.

I now have 2nd name reserved that i cannot afford to buy the 2nd slot for currently. Maybe one day i can, who knows. If i had known it would be 10 times more I would only have reserved one.

There are ways but i doubt it will be the route chosen. I paid for a reserved name and thats what i got until it is freed up and taken away over time.

If it is unused and taken away, i have essentially been sold nothing, because my reservation has been cancelled. If the hold can be released and refunded, i don't think i have anything to complain about because i have neither gained nor lost anything.

Or, additional character slots could be made more affordable.

Hopefully i was clear, concise, and constructive. I'm really trying hard to not just be negative but it has left me a bad taste.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KillaSkillz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I am on the do not like the energy band wagon. It seems that maybe this game was really expensive to produce and space time is trying to make it as profitable as possible by over encouraging the use of plat? Without purchasing plat this game is nothing more than a typical facebook style game, the only thing that would make it worse would be banner adds. It has so much potential, its a shame to see its launch so poorly executed. PL is such a good game and after such a long wait I honestly expected so much more out of DL. The higher priced plat and the almost necessarily use of it just leaves a bad taste.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Not mentioned yet in this thread. A 2nd toon slot in DL costs 50 plat, in SL and PL it costs 5 plat.
    Now, i reserved 2 names for DL at a cost of 20 plat each. I thought it safe to assume it would cost 5 plat again to get the second slot, i was wrong.

I now have 2nd name reserved that i cannot afford to buy the 2nd slot for currently. Maybe one day i can, who knows. If i had known it would be 10 times more I would only have reserved one.

There are ways but i doubt it will be the route chosen. I paid for a reserved name and thats what i got until it is freed up and taken away over time.

If it is unused and taken away, i have essentially been sold nothing, because my reservation has been cancelled. If the hold can be released and refunded, i don't think i have anything to complain about because i have neither gained nor lost anything.

Or, additional character slots could be made more affordable.

Hopefully i was clear, concise, and constructive. I'm really trying hard to not just be negative but it has left me a bad taste.
    The system fooled you my friend

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Deleting (or emptying) my posts critiquing dark legends.
    Last edited by MrKrone; 04-12-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    PL ~ Mrkrone - FluxPlumage - CrushedHope - CrushedDream - CrushedMind ~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Exion View Post
    Well, I didn't realy mind the energy thingy until I stumbled upon the 1.5h waiting time..
    I left, played a bit of SL, came back and played some more.
    But then.. then I wanderd upon the 3h timer.
    3 hours to wait till a mission expires? And the best thing is, I can't move on in the campaign until that timer hits 0.

I guess that my initial thought of not worrying to much about the energy system was wrong.

I'm guessing that the Times will even get worse with every lvl above mine so I'm gonna quit, I don't wanna annoy myself by clicking on a mission that'll cost me 10 energy and wich will take 4.5h to Finnish.
    Ok I haven't come across the 1.5 hour timer or the 3 hour one, but, obviously it exists. And that alone will make me stop playing the game. I don't have the time or the inclination to wait that long to wait for a simple cutscene to complete its action. I enjoy running maps, practicing my skills, and trying to improve my game play.

Please don't suggest that I try PVP, I'm not interested in it and never really have been. I will have one of my guildies in pl explaine the mechanics and rules to me but I won't be participating.

How can I improve my game play if after an hour or two I'm out of energy? Basically, right now I feel like cinderella, all dressed up and ready for the ball but the coach is still a pumpkin.

Now, I can see the practicality of the energy mechanic from this viewpoint, it WILL slow down players trying to rush to level cap. And that in and of itself is not a bad thing in a new game with minimal levels. However, in the long run, I think that the energy mechanic (EM) will be a huge detractor to the game and will cause players like myself to stop playing. And lord knows that I've purchased plenty of plat in PL and I was prepared to do the same in DL.

I don't like the EM. As a guild master, I am frequently asked to help out guild members, or just to run with them. With an EM in place I am no longer able to help out guildies the way I like. Helping my guild out is one of the things that I love about being a high level/GM. With the EM in place it's going to be more like "/r sry can't help now out of energy"

Please rethink the EM as well as the wait time to complete the cut scenes, because if DL is planned to have as many levels as PL, and you already have wait times of 3 hours to complete a cutscene, I can foresee that in the not so distant future it could conceveably take a day or more to complete a single mission.

Either a faster energy per min E/M rate is needed, or scrapped entirely. I don't mind a brief wait, (15) min, for a cut scene to complete, but, at some point in time that particular mechanic is going to become cumbersome as well.

I'm not sure what the solution should be, but you guys have created 3 brilliant games. You think outside the box every day and you managed to get a middle aged woman into the world of mmo's, and more importantly you listen to the players. Please do so with this issue as well.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MrKrone View Post
    Dark legends looks and feels like a much more customizeable, 3d, social version of storm8's game "Vampires Live." Due to all of this, there is a major chance I will not return to dark legends.
    Sorry for stealing your words there but It describes what I feel.

I really liked how the game looks and plays.

But I do like to grind it out in PL and get to high levels and play constantly. Instead of playing a few hours of Xbox, I played PL and grinded it out with some in game friends. Now with the new energy system I can't do that. I have to play use up my energy then play again. Its flawed system.

Here is what I think.

In PocketLegends the more casual players wouldn't buy that 3x xp potion things. How ever some of the more hardcore players would in the end game.

In DL the more casual player probably still won't buy that extra energy and just leave. How ever the more hardcore players will not become hardcore due to the fact that it takes money to level up to the end game.

And the fact that you can just outright buy xp is wrong.
    Check out my YouTube Channel if you got the time:SamKimTV

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Yeah what i think about energy has been said already.
    So ill juat say that this game was a huge disappointment because of energy. That and how everything is literally able to be bought with plat. Xp, skipping missions, etc.
    Its like you want unknowledgeable players. A game that can be played without even playing is a game im not willing to be a part of

Sent from my CM9 powered Droid X
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Also, check your g+, STS, although I imagine you'll just toss out the same old bs canned response and report my comment to Google, no lock for you to use there like you do here. Still, I got to try.

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Last edited by Deathpunch; 04-11-2012 at 10:40 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ok the energy slows you down but on the other side you have to say the positive thing about the game,I think the game is pretty neat and I love the solo system and buying vanity from the store for gold and the only reason that people hating the energy system because it slows them down but I think STS made it instead of the elixir, people used to spend their plat on elixir ,now they spend it on energy.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I think the best way to look at DL is that it is 100% a different game than PL and SL. I think we all expected DL to have the same mechanics as the previous 2 games. STS has basically made a facebook (mafia wars) type game. The ONLY difference is that they took a little of the PL action RPG part of it and stuck it into relatively inconsequential missions. You don't even need to kill anything to get your experience.

I saw a guy go in multiplayer, sit there at the start and after we killed everything, just ran to the exit portal and left. Its is almost like playing a facebook game that implements some like 2d frogger game. If you can get across the road, you get a little prize!! It breaks up the monotony of clicking a little "mission" and then sitting around and twiddling your fingers.

The "action" part where it plays like SL and PL is really cool with the graphics, tech tree, and charging abilities, but honestly it is inconsequential. You could play the whole game just by logging on every roughly 2-3 hours, clicking a bunch of those short cut scenes and then coming back later to collect the points and click more. Its just like a facebook game.

Unfortunately, based on how much time they put into it, I don't really see a good way to redesign DL. All the PL and SL fans like action RPGs, not this kind of... almost like text based RPGs with little cut scenes. But unless STS completely revamps (ha, vamps) DL, I think its will be basically like this. We expected Zelda and ended up getting a supped up Mafia Wars.

I think we are all even more dismayed because not only did we not get what we want, but its so clear that the entire thing is designed just to suck money from people who want to play, but do not want to wait for energy, or for a timer to tick down. Relying on the impatience of players to begrudgingly pay money so they don't have to wait so long is not the right direction to go.

The GOAL should be to make a fantastic game that people get hooked on, make friends, spend lots of time playing and then have no qualms of supporting the game through spending real money. Stick to action RPGs. These facebook games are a dime a dozen.
    Last edited by kiitz; 04-11-2012 at 10:52 PM.
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

20. The Following User Says Thank You to kiitz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Let's just admit what it is. It's a way to encourage spending plat to remove built-in annoyances, blatant and transparent. No sense nipping around the edges. I will suggest a monthly fee one last time. All three games have taken on a 'Midway at the Fair' feel, complete with carnies haranguing us to 'try our luck'.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Maynard For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I personally have no problem paying to customize my character, buy weapons, buy maps etc. However, i can't conceive on paying to actually continue playing the game. I know for sure if the energy bar is not removed (not tweaked because if didn't matter in the other games) I won't be playing it unfortunately. Especially when there's more mini movies than actual active game play. I know this is a new game and spacetime spent a lot of money in development (which is amazing by the way) but I kind of feel like the bridge is burning to recoup what was spent. I've only completed a map and a half and I'm already bored due to the energy cap, and I've played PL for nearly a year now and am still not bored. I know this is a completely different game there are also completely different options to spend money but the feeling of "having" to pay to play is a turn off. No I guess you don't HAVE to pay but what gamer really wants to wait an hour to play (or as mentioned FOUR hours), especially on their lunch break or other kind of free time. Do away with the energy crisis and I think you'll end up seeing a multitude of people enjoying themselves as this is a beautifully designed game with great potential.

Side note: I remember reading in a pocket legend forum somwhere people complaining about vanity hats. Ie. Last years version was more expensive than this year. Is that what's gonna happen to this game as far as the energy is concerned? If that's the case I may as well uninstall it now and bide my time because id rather have the option to play hardcore and buy my extras than buy my time and buying the extras. I'd sooner just buy the game as a whole than do that :-/

I'm not tryin to be a debby downer because it does look amazing but this for me is my really main problem with the game. The interface could change a bit too but I can get used to the new designs, just not the energy cap.

Suggestion : call me a hypocrite on this lol but this just came to mind. Vampires using energy? Why not have the energy linked into sucking blood. When energy is depleting you have to suck the blood from foes to regain it (because isn't this how vampires are in general). Consider sucking blood as the same as an elixer to pocket legends. The more foes drained the more energy regained. Do away with the TIME constraint and bring on more delicious need for play time gore!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I was so looking forward to this game and I think I would get into it if....
    1. Throw the energy system out the window. Simple as that. I don't like waiting on timers or energy to regenerate so I can play the game.
    2. Lower plat costs! The costs to buy packs of plat are way more then they have to be and the items are too much. Just for a vanity suit it costs 130 plat.

I really hope you can fix these things and we can enjoy the game

Thanks! -Skabac

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I hate the energy system. It's annoying that I can't do much before I run out of it.

If you know who the character is, this is his final Form!

Love it thanks MothWing!
    PL: Saool L76 Mage [Proud Officer of A.R.G.] Siejo's Secretary
    DL: Saool [Eternally Undead Officer of C.V.G.]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

just increase the energy cap and it would be better.