Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Items

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

So in my observations, items usually drop at of +1 the level of the toon at the time. Based on the level it drops the item will get a type and suffix; for instance, ...of Well-being for L14 so all of those items have the exact same stats as long as they are the same color and the only thing that changes is the type swords v knives v cleavers etc. So my question is why are there so many of the same thing? I recall that PL hit a data wall and you're starting this game off with a massive amount of recycled content right out the gate?! I cannot say that I understand that. It's a bit like those promo codes that were floating around the web; the items were all L3, all had the same stats, and some of them shared the exact same look. So why would I choose one over the other... or better yet, why are they both in the game? I think 4 promo codes would have covered all of the looks that were offered.

If I were to make a suggestion, I'd say change the drops system. Items should have different stats at the same level. The way things are now some level items only help with stats in the defensive areas and if you want an offensive build, you have to choose an item in a completely different level bracket.

Why aren't there any more options besides double handed weapons? A shield would be nice, maybe a crossbow or throwing daggers. I mean if we only want melee which is the opposite of SL, can we at least get some different looks? Whips, broad swords, medieval morning star, I don't really care what gets tossed into the fray, I just know the same few variations level after lever makes me sad because this game is much more visually appealing than it's predecessors but it is lacking fundamentals.

Finally, why is there a vanity slot in auction? There are no vanity weapons or gems so what purpose does that option really have?
    Last edited by Gluttony; 04-16-2012 at 03:24 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Gluttony For This Useful Post: