Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Missions

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Question Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Missions

After you have played Dark Legends, we would like to hear your input about the various 3D Missions and Adventures you can play through.

We ask that you please keep your feedback constructive, as per the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.
    Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I'm still trying to figure out the missions aspect. Seemed like most was just using my energy and not much gameplay. I just haven't figured it out yet.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

It seems kind of confusing to me. The missons seem to be really short. I would like to have seem the tutorial explain better that the boxes and barrels are where you get the loot. (If it did say that, sorry I was really excited and might have mised it.)

I would like to see them lenghtened a bit since we do have to spend energy to join them or let us spend less energy to do the missions so that we can get more out of it.

The markers that indicate where the other players are located are hard to see. It would be nice if they could be made more noticiable.

I also didnt see a counter indicating how many enemies they are left to kill. (sorry if I missed it) I would like to see that so that no xp points are missed.

Infinite Union-Officer Click here to join
    Trixie-Rogue/ Trixietoo-Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

A lot more gameplay needed pretty much. I hate spending energy on repeated cutscenes and 1.5 hr wait times lol. I'm not a pvp type, so it sucks that's all I'll have as far as gameplay when my energy is used on primarily 3 second long cutscenes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

They're a waste of time and energy and gives the game a Mafia wars feel.

There isn't enough game play. The amount of game play there is restricted from the silly energy feature which is the same as Mafia wars. Wasn't energy supposed to be different and new? It seems the same as any other Facebook energy game.

Sent from my CM9 powered Droid X
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

In terms of the missions I think they don't really add that much to the game as for me the fun factor generally comes from completing runs and farming for the best items. I can see how they may be useful for people to just pop in-game for 2 minutes to get some missions up and running and then come back later and gather up all the xp however. I can even imagine myself using them in such a way:

For instance: Set up several missions before I go to work and by the time I return home the missions would all be complete and my energy bar would most likely be full again too

So in this respect they could be a useful element

Yet they should not be compulsory to unlock more levels as some of these missions cost 8 energy and with that being nearly a third of the maximum energy allowed by the time all three of these missions are completed a fair chunk of that 25 maximum energy is gone in a matter of seconds. This leaves people hanging around with nothing to do to pass the time. So to conclude if people want to do quick missions fine but it should not be enforced upon players and restricting their progression through the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

as we level, and more energy is used to do missions. our energy reservoir is only at 25 energy (which dosn't increase as we level)....as you progress missions are costing 8-10 energy. Since the reservoir does not increase, today i only did 2 missions to the 10-15 i did yesterday when i first started. I would like energy reservoir to level up with us to help us with later missions. I haven't seen further into levels (educated guess), but im sure the cost to do missions are higher. maybe one energy per 3-4 levels that are compleated

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Some wait times end up to be 3 hours and I think that's too long just to wait to complete action, collect reward, and advance to other quests/campaigns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    Some wait times end up to be 3 hours and I think that's too long just to wait to complete action, collect reward, and advance to other quests/campaigns.
    I agree with this statement Swimming. The wait times are quite long , when you start missions at the start, they take about a minute, but as you get more into it, the complete times are much higher.

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

These "missions" seem tacked on in a Storm8 gaming sort of way. The wait times are dramatic for some of them, forcing players to either double back and repeat other actual dungeons for experience or just wait out the timer. When I read that there would be mini-games, I can assure you that this isn't what I had in mind. Why not make them interactive in some way, actually tilting the device to pick a lock on a breaking in cut scene, or matching the NPCs head movements with on screen arrows whilst trying to glamour them... something besides a few seconds of vid followed by a boring game of stare at the hour glass. If I didn't need to complete these tasks in order to continue on in the storyline, I would pass they by every time. Not to mention, when I have some extra energy to spare, there is no way that I'll spend it on one of those task rather than actual gameplay... unless I plan to sleep for the next 8 hours.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

The main problem I could see with the wait times, is that since you can't progress to new quests, all you can do is level up. This could be a problem since if you level up too much, when you FINALLY get to the new quests, you could possibly be over leveled, making the 3D quests too easy. I'm guessing that eventually the wait time is going to go up to 24 hours, which would make it even more likely to over level. I would like to see $t$'s opinion on this.
    Last edited by Cjon; 04-13-2012 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Less rage.

Chronicler of Alterra nazgulking's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

After waiting 9 hours for a quest to complete I could unlock the last part of the 4th campaign only to see a quest that take 1 day to complete.
    I am really at the bottom of my patience -_-

14. The Following User Says Thank You to nazgulking For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nazgulking View Post
    After waiting 9 hours for a quest to complete I could unlock the last part of the 4th campaign only to see a quest that take 1 day to complete.
    I am really at the bottom of my patience -_-
    I really must agree... the 8 or 9 hour was bad enough. but in the end I was able to just go to sleep and pick back up the next day. but a full 24 hours is kind of hard to deal with especially knowing the wait times are just gonna get longer. I really can't figure out this marketing strategy... is it to force us into paying platnum to play? or is it to keep us from losing interest in your other games? which stands to reason because every 5 feet down the street during the actual runs there is just another billboard advertising star legends on pocket legends. the game play is amazing when you're actually allowed to play, but the fact is you run out of energy so quickly in later levels it makes it hard to stay interested, not to mention again that even when your energy returns you are still forced to wait before you can progress to the next maps..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

the wait times are ridiculous.... am I the only one that felt a huge relief when the 9 hour one was over then they clicked the next one and were shouting in their head? this game would be the best of the 3 if the layout was the same as others. I think the reason they decided to change It up was because of the loss of interest In SL because of its simplicity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Waiting large amounts of time encourages you to PvP, Trade, Merch, Chat, customize, Chill, Log out, Farm etc. How is that bad? If your some OCD kid, by all means bypass the timer, but for the normal 18+, NOT gaming for 9 hours is pretty easy.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    Waiting large amounts of time encourages you to PvP, Trade, Merch, Chat, customize, Chill, Log out, Farm etc. How is that bad? If your some OCD kid, by all means bypass the timer, but for the normal 18+, NOT gaming for 9 hours is pretty easy.
    So 80% of the game should be those things? PVP isn't fun at the moment because of the imbalanced level brackets. Right now its just whoever has the most higher level people on their team win. Trading, Merching, and Customize are all dependent on what you receive in missions, meaning the less you do missions, the less you can do any of those things. And customizing isn't really something you can spend all that time in. Generally the first time you look through the options, you're going to know what you're working towards.

So really the only thing that you can do the majority of time you're in game is talk to people, therefor you would thing this was meant to be a social game, but then you realize how difficult it is to play with friends. The social aspect and the gaming aspect are separate, which makes it hard to be considered an MMO. If people wanted a almost completely social experience, there are much better options than DL.

The problem with this game, is that you barely get to play the game. In my opinion, the 3D missions could cost 0-1 energy, and give less rewards. So that way you can at least "play" this game for more than an hour a day. Whats the point of spending money on items if you never get to use them? You could say that you can play as long as you want, but then this games becomes a P2P game. I don't know if that was their intent, and if so, good job $t$, you succeeded in that. But I believe this game has potential. If they allow you to actually play the game, and make the PVP more balanced/diverse, then DL will be just as good, if not better than their other titles.

tl;dr This is supposed to be a game, but it feels more like facebook with strangers and a built in farmville.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cjon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Default Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Missions

These times to complete missions. It would be better if Spacetime were to implement a "fast completion" process. For example, the 8-9 hour ones could cost like 10 platinum and it will complete the mission. What do you guys think?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    These times to complete missions. It would be better if Spacetime were to implement a "fast completion" process. For example, the 8-9 hour ones could cost like 10 platinum and it will complete the mission. What do you guys think?
    It already exists, and it costs 25 plat. $5 to not have to wait 24 hours seems a little excessive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Actually I've started to accumulate completed missions during the day, when I really can't play but I can log on, and at night. Then when I am able to play, I collect a few missions, hoping for buffs. As someone else mentioned, the longer missions seem to have a better chance of getting a reward, so I always do them when I can't play.

My feeling is that the leveling seems too fast with the missions. I do not want to level, just do missions while I cannot play, but when I do collect the finished missions, sometimes I level when I do not want to level -- I just want a couple buffs to play the dungeons. So maybe 1/2 the xp on the non-dungeon missions??

Same with the lower levels -- I've barely played and I level twice. It's a bit fast for me.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

]Im going to start with the good stuff I believe space time studios did a great job with 80% of the game the fighting PVE and PVP part is awesome that's the good and 80%!!! However some of the timed parts for the missions is just to long and cost almost 5$(USD) to bypass timer is way too much I am a platinum user and its just too much. Also there should be a way to level up your energy ie higher level gets more or the high the level you recover energy faster. Also there's not enough diversity with weapons ans stones I love and hate the vanity clothes just seems like there should be drop for them so it'd not always buying them. Also the weapon stats are not diverse enough Im PVP 16 and have yet to find a weapon better than the one they start with the premium pack.