Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Vampire Powers

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I, like a few that posted here, am a fan of the support abilities. I can also see an interesting pattern in that 3 of the abilities I would consider more useful to a 'tank' role don't scale with damage, allowing them to focus on defence. Whether that's intended or not...

My main concern is with Curse. I love this ability and would like to see it flourish. Unfortunately it has a few problems...

Firstly, the cooldown. 40 seconds? A charged Vermin Swarm stuns for 5 seconds on only a 10 second CD...and it does damage. A Dark Binding will root for 5 seconds, 7 with an aoe charged, on a similarly short CD...with a better defence reduction! These abilities alone make them far more health efficient for a similar task.

The other problem is that being a fixed reduction in stats, as gear gets better and mobs get harder, that same fixed value will lose effectiveness and eventually fall out of favour. Make it a percentage! Even if a 50% reduction in defence isn't noticeable on a mage-type, a 50% reduction in damage will hit em hard n make up for it...for example.

I know, more targets, no need to charge and with a longer duration. And in the case of ranged attackers and rooting them, actually useful to mitigate damage...all good arguments for leaving Curse slightly underpowered. But make curse great instead of just sometimes useful and you have an interesting, unique ability (in a game currently swamped by very standard abilities) that could be something role-defining.

I apologise for the rant, I just love this game and really want to see STS succeed.
    Last edited by Zel; 04-17-2012 at 09:35 AM.