Quote Originally Posted by Zel View Post
I have to agree with gluttony on this one, there is a distinct lack of consistency. At the moment my toon can't afford to put a second rank in any skill because every point I'm getting is being invested into prerequisites I don't like, want or even use since I'm forced to get, just so I can get to 1 skill I want. And all the skills I want are magic based ones that seem like they should be more or less grouped together; curse, dark binding, vermin swarm and fire aura
My post (My overall thoughts on the game.) brings up this very issue which you should check out and give some feed back c:

You have the right idea that the skills need to be moved, but they need to also maintain balance. To have Vermin Swarm and Dark Binding in the same tree would remove even the vaguest resemblance of balance. I don't know if there are diminishing returns on CC abilities, but if not, you could keep up to 6 people (more than an entire CTF team) rooted indefinitely by cycling between the two. So for reasons like that one, abilities can't necessarily be grouped by "theme". Instead they should be grouped based on their effect.

Leap doesn't belong in mid branch since it's completely opposite of Hellblade and Dark Binding's effect, and instead should be in the top branch to synergize with Shadow Dance and Fire Aura (Shadow Dance to get to the enemies, activate Fire Aura since you're right next to them, and then Leap to keep them in range longer). Fire Aura makes more sense to be in the top branch so you can use Shadow Dance to get enemies in range of it.

Unholy Blessing is fine and all in top branch, but it would be much better in the bottom branch since it has obvious synergy with Fatal Burst.

Curse should be move to the middle branch since something from the bottom branch has to move, and it can't be Fatal Burst (and for other reasons described below).

On final change is that a fourth ability (A TRUE support ability) should be added to the middle branch not only to add a support role to the game, but also since middle branch is the only one to lack a fifth ability.

With these changes the following things would be established.
Top Branch: DPS tree that sacrifices long disables for large amounts of damage (This should have the highest DPS out of all the branches)
Middle Branch: Between Curse, the Root and -Armor from Dark Binding (and hopefully a new support ability to make up for the lack of a fight ability) this would function as a Support Branch.
Bottom Branch: DPS tree that doesn't do as much damage as Top Branch, but has more utility with long range abilities and long disables.

Other than making a new ability for Middle Branch, this would be a very simple change to add consistency and defined roles to the various Branches.