Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Player vs. Player

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Excellent thread with really good suggestions!!

Here's mine including some already mentioned above, so apologies for any echoes

1. Fix the issue of uneven stacking. Agree with Ripper's suggestion about forcing a new player to join the team with smallest numbers. I also think player rankings should be a deciding factor. Won't work if it ends up being 3 lvl 20's vs 3 lvl 16's. Only problem is that it could make it difficult for friends / guilds to end up on the same team. Point 3 below could address this. I hate stacking even when I'm on the largest team....if not more so.

2. Penalties for people who leave. If they drop out, fair enough, but those that do it on purpose could possibly be identified by when they click Menu / Quit to Menu. Then have Cjon's suggested penalty of removing the kill points together with a timed lockout. Someone also suggested deducting energy points. All good ideas. Only issue I see though is when there's significantly uneven teams (5 vs 2) and/or one side with a majority of higher ranked players, in which case it could leave a player on the much weaker team no option but to leave. Points 1 & 3 could hopefully address though.

3. Lady_Pebbles suggestion to see all players ranked levels especially at the point of selecting the team, but remove this ability for those at the highest level. This could then allow a lower level player to make a decision before they enter battle without finding out the hard way Problem with giving the highest levels visibility is that they can unfairly join a side with all high levels and then target the weaker players once play has commenced.

4. Give a killing streak reward. E.g if you score 3 kills in a row before dying, immediately top up the health and grant a double armor and/or double damage reward for x seconds. I've had a few games where both sides are so balanced that after 2 hours of game play it ended up where players let the other team win just to end it and see the stats. The 3rd kill could then be saved for when near the opposing team's base (or even for when you actually have the flag) to strategize in getting the flag across easier.

5. Move the opposing team list box away from the chat box so that they don't overlap.
    Last edited by Sarge; 04-27-2012 at 11:36 PM.