Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Player vs. Player

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

I really like PvP/CtF in DL for many reasons but mostly because its -real- pvp/ctf. I even made a thread called
    Suggestion: Guild vs Guild CtF/PvP so check that out when yall got some time.

However, there are many issues to discuss. Some in which people already mentioned and some that they might not have mentioned....

1.) Make the respawn areas safe zones for a limited time (for the respawning players only). This way players can't get rushed by other players as they respawn & their game reloads on their devices. Some people lag and often, you see a lot of people rushing on certain players.

2.) Nerf the zombies please. They are annoying as hell... Just saying lol.

3.) Allow us to see the levels of each member on the other team. Not sure if its glitched for me but I can't see it. I want to have an idea of what I am up against and vice versa.

4.) Give us the option of turning off the game log from popping up in the middle of the screen! It takes up a lot of space which also limits our view in the game.

5.) For love of pvp PLEASE allow us to move our camers up & down not just side to side! I can't see whats in front of me so I have to rely on the mini map to be my eyes all the time! Sooooo frustrating!

6.) When we use /team please have the text be in the color of the team we are in so we know its for /team. Makes it easier!

7.) Why is it we are suddenly walking/running slower than normal when we have the flag? Im not talking about when zombies explode, I mean when there aren't any zombies around and you have the flag. Please make that stop! >__<

8.) Do not allow the game to start until there is an equal amount of players on both sides. Not just 3 on one side and a full team on the other side. That is highly unfair & makes it easy to take advantage. Its a huge loop whole that seriously needs to be patched.

9.) Lets say red team has 5 players and blue team has 3 players in the middle of the game due to people leaving. I suggest having the next 2 members who reapawn from the red team have to wait until the blue team gets 2 members. If someone leaves from the red team while 2 of their players had respawned and are waiting for the blue team to fill up slots, then let the 1st of the 2 that respawned enter the game. This can work for both sides.

I'll probably edit this later with more problems and ideas. X.x

1) No. Why? It's PvP. You're there to fight and, believe it or not, it can be good tactics to lockdown spawn points. Regardless, even if you make the spawn point a safe zone with a one-way exit (it'd have to be one-way or else teams would hide the flag in their safe zone) players will still kill them as soon as they exit. That being said, I can agree with a 5-second immunity as long as the player doesn't move or start charging a skill. Doing so constitutes willingness to engage. Please note, I hate getting spawn camped, too.

2) No. Why? It's part of the challenge and it's fair and irritating to both sides.

3) Yes. I'd like to know more about who's pwning me!

4) Yes!!! Takes up far too much room.

5) Yes, please. More camera control is good!

6) Haven't used it, can't form an opinion.

7) No. It's part of the challenge and fair/irritating to both sides, just like having the flag suck life out of you over time.

8) No, but with a caveat. I do agree with not starting a match until both teams have at least 3 people actually present (which is currently broken, one person could log off and on several times to reach "3" players on a team), but disagree with making sides completely equal. That being said, there does need to be a "tie breaker". So, if one team has three present and another team has four then a new player would not be allowed to join the team with four, but would be forced to join the team with three. If the game hasn't started yet, a match can't start unless there's at most a one-player discrepancy between teams...

9) No. While I appreciate the intent, you can't just have players waiting in a holding area. Why? It's not fun and it's penalizing them for something that's not their fault. I agree that players dropping during matches is most definitely a problem, but how do you address it without overly penalizing people with legitimate connectivity issues? I'd rather see penalties applied to players who drop matches "frequently", meaning those players who've accumulated a count that exceeds some predetermined threshold for having dropped matches previously. Players with genuine connectivity issues should realize at some point that PvP may not be for them if they can't stay connected, but players that continue to abuse the system will be right penalized. That penalty might be negative energy, for example, but it would have to be banked so it could be applied if the player was already at 0 energy when entering the match (as many of us do).

Something else that could be done is to modify the "leave this mission" screen to include something along the lines of "if you leave this match, you won't be able to perform any other activities until the match is over", which would stop players from leaving to do other game tasks. It won't stop players logging, though, so their needs to be a second option, such as "leaving this match will cost you X <insert gold or experience or a penalty to earning gold/experience for a duration equaling the continued duration of this match...>". Why gold or experience? Because energy can be replaced by logging for a few hours, but gold and experience can't be... Likewise, if a player drops a match that continues for another 20 minutes after they leave then slap that player with a in-game penalty (meaning it doesn't go away while logged out) that limits or prevents them from earning gold/experience for that same duration. Please note, once again, this is only for the most egregious offenders who've passed some predetermined threshold for dropping matches. We don't want to unnecessarily penalize players with legitimate connectivity issues or newbies who log out after being one-shot by somebody more experienced.
    Last edited by Ripper McGee; 04-20-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Suggestions:

1) Fix collision detection in flag rooms so players can't hide in walls. That's bogus, mmmkay?
    2) Start timing matches so we can see how long they last on the results screen! I just had a very long match (at least 1/2 hour, it seemed), but was too busy playing to time it. It would be awesome to see how long it officially lasted!