Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Player vs. Player

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Can we implement something to make it so the teams are even when there are an even number of players. Something like not being able to choose the team that you are added to. It is getting sad when players stack a team to no end. I have been alone due to teammates leaving and see a new player join, only to watch them choose the other team. Plenty of times I've joined a game where one team has 5 and the other team has 0-2 players waiting for the game to start; who is going to want to join that game?!

Quote Originally Posted by Otukura View Post
    Lvl 2 was with me, and I'm 12.
    How does that even happen, aren't we L3 after the tutorial finishes? I would really like to know how that happens because maybe I wouldn't have to auto level shadow dance if it's possible to get out of the tut and still be L2.

There is another issue I have which is team killing, I have no idea how it happens (traps maybe?!) but I know multiple times I've seen a red player kill another red and blue v blue.

Can we do something about the speed boost being in the same area that the opponent spawns; it's super annoying knowing that I was just going for the upgrade but get accused of being a spawn killer in the meantime. Too bad the opposite is that you leave the player alone to avoid the "unjust" kill accusation and they attack you in the back as you're trying to take the high road. I have never played pvp, but now I understand all of those rage threads I used to read so frequently.

Edit: After playing the CTF for a bit, I realize that the fact that there are no level brackets may be a cause of the team stacking or the sudden drop in player on one side of the fence. I personally have been on a team with all 4 members under L8, which made for a pretty good slaughter. I found out at the end of the game that one of their members was 18 along with two other 16s, so if there isn't a way to sort the players based on level, at least make it visible so we can know the kind of whoppin that we are about to receive.
    Last edited by Gluttony; 04-16-2012 at 07:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post

How does that even happen, aren't we L3 after the tutorial finishes? I would really like to know how that happens because maybe I wouldn't have to auto level shadow dance if it's possible to get out of the tut and still be L2.
    Now that is a good question.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Adding on to what Glut is saying, the team stacking definitely a problem. When I see a game, I always pick the smaller team, or if they are the same, the team losing. It makes for a much more fun game, but I understand why others are hesitant to do that because of the ratio. I was in a game where it was just me and a 6 against a full team. Did we win? Nope, but we put up one hell of a fight, and that loss made us both better players. Auto assigning would be one solution, but I think that would annoy players. I have been on the other side, where my team was filling up and the other team had one player, and it would have been nice to be able to switch. What if we had the option to switch, but only from the larger team to the smaller team?

Also want to reinforce the statement many have been making that the 'x killed y' message is messing with the CTF game. I am running one way, and I see 3 'x killed y' followed by "Red Has Flag" and then immediately "Red Has Scored" Would have been nice to get that "Red has Flag" when I maybe could have done something about it. It is not exaggeration, as I have scored, and the 'my team has flag' message did not even come up till after I scored. The 'x killed y' messages need to be removed, or changed to a different feed to not interrupt the actual game play.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Lady_Pebbles

I really like PvP/CtF in DL for many reasons but mostly because its -real- pvp/ctf. I even made a thread called
    Suggestion: Guild vs Guild CtF/PvP so check that out when yall got some time.

However, there are many issues to discuss. Some in which people already mentioned and some that they might not have mentioned....

1.) Make the respawn areas safe zones for a limited time (for the respawning players only). This way players can't get rushed by other players as they respawn & their game reloads on their devices. Some people lag and often, you see a lot of people rushing on certain players.

2.) Nerf the zombies please. They are annoying as hell... Just saying lol.

3.) Allow us to see the levels of each member on the other team. Not sure if its glitched for me but I can't see it. I want to have an idea of what I am up against and vice versa.

4.) Give us the option of turning off the game log from popping up in the middle of the screen! It takes up a lot of space which also limits our view in the game.

5.) For love of pvp PLEASE allow us to move our camers up & down not just side to side! I can't see whats in front of me so I have to rely on the mini map to be my eyes all the time! Sooooo frustrating!

6.) When we use /team please have the text be in the color of the team we are in so we know its for /team. Makes it easier!

7.) Why is it we are suddenly walking/running slower than normal when we have the flag? Im not talking about when zombies explode, I mean when there aren't any zombies around and you have the flag. Please make that stop! >__<

8.) Do not allow the game to start until there is an equal amount of players on both sides. Not just 3 on one side and a full team on the other side. That is highly unfair & makes it easy to take advantage. Its a huge loop whole that seriously needs to be patched.

9.) Lets say red team has 5 players and blue team has 3 players in the middle of the game due to people leaving. I suggest having the next 2 members who reapawn from the red team have to wait until the blue team gets 2 members. If someone leaves from the red team while 2 of their players had respawned and are waiting for the blue team to fill up slots, then let the 1st of the 2 that respawned enter the game. This can work for both sides.

10.) When a player carrying the flag dies, theres a moment where a team mate can grab the flag before it disappears. Maybe allowing it to be passed to another team mate (like someone suggested in another thread) would make the game even more interesting? I like it the way it is but more options to play it would be great too.

I'll probably edit this later with more problems and ideas. X.x

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 04-23-2012 at 11:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yes to everything Thren said. XD

I'm sick and tired of getting rushed at respawn because someone is PMing me and I don't wanna be rude. When I see a player not moving, I leave them be. The blatant taking advantage of people needs to stop. -.-;

I also agree with FluffNStuff about making it so you can only switch to side with less players. How about pausing the game if there's more than a two player difference? And is there any way at all to avoid getting ganged up on?

Just some thoughts. XD

Lady_Pebbles

Hellurr Lyla xD

I edited that post with more problems and semi-solutions/ideas lol. Hope it all makes sense. X.x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

I really like PvP/CtF in DL for many reasons but mostly because its -real- pvp/ctf. I even made a thread called
    Suggestion: Guild vs Guild CtF/PvP so check that out when yall got some time.

However, there are many issues to discuss. Some in which people already mentioned and some that they might not have mentioned....

1.) Make the respawn areas safe zones for a limited time (for the respawning players only). This way players can't get rushed by other players as they respawn & their game reloads on their devices. Some people lag and often, you see a lot of people rushing on certain players.

2.) Nerf the zombies please. They are annoying as hell... Just saying lol.

3.) Allow us to see the levels of each member on the other team. Not sure if its glitched for me but I can't see it. I want to have an idea of what I am up against and vice versa.

4.) Give us the option of turning off the game log from popping up in the middle of the screen! It takes up a lot of space which also limits our view in the game.

5.) For love of pvp PLEASE allow us to move our camers up & down not just side to side! I can't see whats in front of me so I have to rely on the mini map to be my eyes all the time! Sooooo frustrating!

6.) When we use /team please have the text be in the color of the team we are in so we know its for /team. Makes it easier!

7.) Why is it we are suddenly walking/running slower than normal when we have the flag? Im not talking about when zombies explode, I mean when there aren't any zombies around and you have the flag. Please make that stop! >__<

8.) Do not allow the game to start until there is an equal amount of players on both sides. Not just 3 on one side and a full team on the other side. That is highly unfair & makes it easy to take advantage. Its a huge loop whole that seriously needs to be patched.

9.) Lets say red team has 5 players and blue team has 3 players in the middle of the game due to people leaving. I suggest having the next 2 members who reapawn from the red team have to wait until the blue team gets 2 members. If someone leaves from the red team while 2 of their players had respawned and are waiting for the blue team to fill up slots, then let the 1st of the 2 that respawned enter the game. This can work for both sides.

I'll probably edit this later with more problems and ideas. X.x

1) No. Why? It's PvP. You're there to fight and, believe it or not, it can be good tactics to lockdown spawn points. Regardless, even if you make the spawn point a safe zone with a one-way exit (it'd have to be one-way or else teams would hide the flag in their safe zone) players will still kill them as soon as they exit. That being said, I can agree with a 5-second immunity as long as the player doesn't move or start charging a skill. Doing so constitutes willingness to engage. Please note, I hate getting spawn camped, too.

2) No. Why? It's part of the challenge and it's fair and irritating to both sides.

3) Yes. I'd like to know more about who's pwning me!

4) Yes!!! Takes up far too much room.

5) Yes, please. More camera control is good!

6) Haven't used it, can't form an opinion.

7) No. It's part of the challenge and fair/irritating to both sides, just like having the flag suck life out of you over time.

8) No, but with a caveat. I do agree with not starting a match until both teams have at least 3 people actually present (which is currently broken, one person could log off and on several times to reach "3" players on a team), but disagree with making sides completely equal. That being said, there does need to be a "tie breaker". So, if one team has three present and another team has four then a new player would not be allowed to join the team with four, but would be forced to join the team with three. If the game hasn't started yet, a match can't start unless there's at most a one-player discrepancy between teams...

9) No. While I appreciate the intent, you can't just have players waiting in a holding area. Why? It's not fun and it's penalizing them for something that's not their fault. I agree that players dropping during matches is most definitely a problem, but how do you address it without overly penalizing people with legitimate connectivity issues? I'd rather see penalties applied to players who drop matches "frequently", meaning those players who've accumulated a count that exceeds some predetermined threshold for having dropped matches previously. Players with genuine connectivity issues should realize at some point that PvP may not be for them if they can't stay connected, but players that continue to abuse the system will be right penalized. That penalty might be negative energy, for example, but it would have to be banked so it could be applied if the player was already at 0 energy when entering the match (as many of us do).

Something else that could be done is to modify the "leave this mission" screen to include something along the lines of "if you leave this match, you won't be able to perform any other activities until the match is over", which would stop players from leaving to do other game tasks. It won't stop players logging, though, so their needs to be a second option, such as "leaving this match will cost you X <insert gold or experience or a penalty to earning gold/experience for a duration equaling the continued duration of this match...>". Why gold or experience? Because energy can be replaced by logging for a few hours, but gold and experience can't be... Likewise, if a player drops a match that continues for another 20 minutes after they leave then slap that player with a in-game penalty (meaning it doesn't go away while logged out) that limits or prevents them from earning gold/experience for that same duration. Please note, once again, this is only for the most egregious offenders who've passed some predetermined threshold for dropping matches. We don't want to unnecessarily penalize players with legitimate connectivity issues or newbies who log out after being one-shot by somebody more experienced.
    Last edited by Ripper McGee; 04-20-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Suggestions:

1) Fix collision detection in flag rooms so players can't hide in walls. That's bogus, mmmkay?
    2) Start timing matches so we can see how long they last on the results screen! I just had a very long match (at least 1/2 hour, it seemed), but was too busy playing to time it. It would be awesome to see how long it officially lasted!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i love the PvP function... it's really fun. and FREE. please keep it that way...

having said that, suggestions...
    #1. remove the zombies... like so many others have said... they are really annoying.
    #2. some way to balance out the teams. i know the option to choose is so 'friends' can be in the same team. but in some of the sessions i've been in, there's really an imbalance.
    #3. perhaps some sort of matching options we can select in the game options -- like auto select group, increase level difference, etc...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I have a suggestion only, but it is very important:

The platinum items is the best of this game, ofcz Spacetime need earn money from the game, but that is unfair for alot of ppl and will keep few ppl stay. No one want to play a game which must use money, and farming pinks seems not valuable just wasting one's time.

I play PL too, and in PL the best pinks can be bought from cs and farming from game. After many PL friends played DL, they come back to PL.

PS: Game energy need platinum or time, it is acceptable, coz we can wait energy. But the BEST ITEMS are unfire seriously. Same two lv20 ppl, the Platinum player seems lv 22-23 according to common pinks' lv20 player.
    PL: Birdqueen Lv66 Bird; Fishgirl Lv66 Warrior; Sonmen Lv66 Mage.
    DL: Birdqueen Lv20

11. The Following User Says Thank You to birdqueen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

passing the "flag" by allowing one player to drop the flag and another to pick it up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sory Sam.I'm very very disappointed with all Dev.star legends(no update until now.about 7months.JEEEZZZZZ).now your DL,we cant play with iPad,OMG....to much disappointed ! For what my 30 plat I reserve for things not TRUE.I realy disappointed.I want give you back my PLatinum 700.at SL account.JEEEEZZZZZZZZ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Excellent thread with really good suggestions!!

Here's mine including some already mentioned above, so apologies for any echoes

1. Fix the issue of uneven stacking. Agree with Ripper's suggestion about forcing a new player to join the team with smallest numbers. I also think player rankings should be a deciding factor. Won't work if it ends up being 3 lvl 20's vs 3 lvl 16's. Only problem is that it could make it difficult for friends / guilds to end up on the same team. Point 3 below could address this. I hate stacking even when I'm on the largest team....if not more so.

2. Penalties for people who leave. If they drop out, fair enough, but those that do it on purpose could possibly be identified by when they click Menu / Quit to Menu. Then have Cjon's suggested penalty of removing the kill points together with a timed lockout. Someone also suggested deducting energy points. All good ideas. Only issue I see though is when there's significantly uneven teams (5 vs 2) and/or one side with a majority of higher ranked players, in which case it could leave a player on the much weaker team no option but to leave. Points 1 & 3 could hopefully address though.

3. Lady_Pebbles suggestion to see all players ranked levels especially at the point of selecting the team, but remove this ability for those at the highest level. This could then allow a lower level player to make a decision before they enter battle without finding out the hard way Problem with giving the highest levels visibility is that they can unfairly join a side with all high levels and then target the weaker players once play has commenced.

4. Give a killing streak reward. E.g if you score 3 kills in a row before dying, immediately top up the health and grant a double armor and/or double damage reward for x seconds. I've had a few games where both sides are so balanced that after 2 hours of game play it ended up where players let the other team win just to end it and see the stats. The 3rd kill could then be saved for when near the opposing team's base (or even for when you actually have the flag) to strategize in getting the flag across easier.

5. Move the opposing team list box away from the chat box so that they don't overlap.
    Last edited by Sarge; 04-27-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post

There is another issue I have which is team killing, I have no idea how it happens (traps maybe?!) but I know multiple times I've seen a red player kill another red and blue v blue.
    Happens when another player opens the window and the sunlight burns you. The windows are located at each end of the side corridors (4 in total).
    Last edited by Sarge; 04-27-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nerf or remove the zombies or replace them with spike traps
    Smang or Die
    I will cry when I leave, because I could love you forever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Most of my complaints I'm sure have already been brought up (Pay-to-win, insane ez-mode combos, imbalanced teams), but there is one thing I feel the need to bring up.

The respawn timer should be longer. As it is now, if you're defending the flag, and you get killed; you can just run back before they have left your base. It makes defending the flag much easier than acquiring the flag, which IMO, makes the game more boring when it just comes down to an hour-long stalemate-fest.

If the respawn timers were increased, it would both force players to play smarter, since they can't just rejoin the fight instantly, and it would also make games not just become a stalemate every match.
    Cjon - Lvl 21!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

How feasible would it be to integrate voice chat in the game? Like the free speex codec for example?

Team chat would be grea for PVP!
    Guild Master of Blood, Bath and Beyond.

NorthEast Ohio on the #1 Trout River next to Lake Erie
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

remove the zombies...
    """""""""There's a sucker born every minute" P. T. Barnum"""""""""

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

]I Might as well post my first impressions thread here.

Graphics
    The graphics in Dark Legends are probably the beat I've seen in any Legends game, the blood effects are gruesomely awesome during combat! Honestly, there isn't much else to say, so let's proceed.

Gameplay
    Dark Legends took a new twist to the legends by adding a "Mafia Wars" type feel to it. You can now perform "side missions" (that wipe out your energy too fast btw -_-) for some extra xp and to continue further through the game. It feels nice to be able to leave my Ipod for a bit while still getting experience, but the energy price tag on the missions is a bit too much for me to be willing to press "start button". Along with side missions there are what I like to call "Boss Rounds". In these missions you play as your character and fight through zombies to get to a "boss" who has the potential to drop pinks. I am extremely liking the boss battles, Dark Legends has an extremely fast paced combat system which I thoroughly enjoy! One moment your walking into an alleyway, the next surrounded by enemies. The blood system (a mix of health and mana) is also a great innovation, you alwaya have to be paying attention or you may kill yourself with a sudden click of a power. I have yet to dry out the PvP, but it looks pretty fun!

Smoothness
    Dark Legends has a way different feel than all the other legends games. I feel that you guys made it rougher to get to places thoufh. I would prefer it if you guys brought back the "Town Selection" screen for PvP matches and for choosing which (Sorry at a loss for the name) but the vampire hangout place haha .

Energy
    Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Energy. It really makes me feel restricted to when I may play the game which I don'r like. I suggest that you guys keep energy but only leave it for side missions, let us have fun with boss battles .

Things you may do without wnergy

At the moment you can only PvP if you are out of energy, I'd like to see more things to do. How about a mini game where you fight endless hordes of zombies, or a poker table.

Well, those were some of my first impressions, enjoy .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My first post ever on sts I hope m not breaking any laws all I need and expect from developers for pvp is
    please provide experience and gold based on number of deaths and kills something like for each kill 5 xp and 10 gold will do and for getting killed give me 5 gold everyone will be happy and no frustration if u hve no energy just go for pvp and gain experience and lvl up this will make a pvp which is already good even better and doing this one change can solve many problems give 15 gold for each death no one will leave pvp during match don't give experience and gold bonus to players who leave the pvp in between give extra gold or some special vanity or legendary items to the player who gets max kills n max flags these changes can be made easily in your next version of game I hope I will be taken seriously I can give even more ideas if these ideas are taken seriosly