Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Player vs. Player

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
    My first post ever on sts I hope m not breaking any laws all I need and expect from developers for pvp is
    please provide experience and gold based on number of deaths and kills something like for each kill 5 xp and 10 gold will do and for getting killed give me 5 gold everyone will be happy and no frustration if u hve no energy just go for pvp and gain experience and lvl up this will make a pvp which is already good even better and doing this one change can solve many problems give 15 gold for each death no one will leave pvp during match don't give experience and gold bonus to players who leave the pvp in between give extra gold or some special vanity or legendary items to the player who gets max kills n max flags these changes can be made easily in your next version of game I hope I will be taken seriously I can give even more ideas if these ideas are taken seriosly
    While I like the idea of PvP rewards, there will need to be a ton of changes/fixes before this is ever possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Well m sorry I can't get u if you are fixing and changing one bug why not change the whole setup just in one new release/version why go for small fixes then new changes then again new changes better be a smart guy do the best in the first shot and anyways there are not much of troublesome bugs which needs fix and the changes I hv requested can solve many problms in one shot like cruel unbalanced teams players leaving in the mid of the game and many more well still there are problems how about let the players host the pvp with some options like auto balance : on/off , time limit, no. of goals for flag limit of players per team n blah blah
    like this players can creat their own game no issues and the info off all created games can be provided in one menu and u can choose which ever type of match u wanna play

These ideas are not so easy to imply but nothing is imposible

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by XchilangopwnX View Post
    Has anyone noticed the double kill/death bug? Sometime when two people are attacking same enemy player and (I guess) they both get the final blow in the both get a kill and the other gets a death for each. I have killed and been killed so I think the bug exists. Anyone else?
    . This is exactly why I stopped playing ctf/dm.
    Crossbones lvl 26, ikillgods lvl 22, Trapjaw lvl 22, sackonuts lvl 5

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think the king of the ring should be point based and not kill based. Like the idea would be to get king of the ring and however long u have king for u get points for the duration with a max time for u to be king. So everyone would be fighting to get king and keep it. And that way the game would end even if nobody is on the other team. Because right now 25 kills isn't much but if the other team quits then it stuck in the game until someone joins the other team. I've had to wait twenty minutes one time for someone else to join. It's not that fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also in PvP if u get a notification and die it disappears so half the time I have no idea what my notifications were for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wish there was a mechanism to prevent 5v2, etc team stacking. It happens nearly everytime I play and it's no fun.

Also, it'd be cool if there was a separate chat for each team to discuss strategy w/o the other team overhearing it. Like /red or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ethmoid View Post
    I wish there was a mechanism to prevent 5v2, etc team stacking. It happens nearly everytime I play and it's no fun.

Also, it'd be cool if there was a separate chat for each team to discuss strategy w/o the other team overhearing it. Like /red or something.
    You can send a team only message by entering /team before what you want to say. e.g. /team rush enemy flag now. You can also set it up in your quick chat list.

It's not that noticeable though....the text color is a slightly different shade of white.

Other commands can be found by typing/?
    Last edited by Sarge; 05-15-2012 at 01:51 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think it would be cool to have cosmetic PvP rewards along with the titles they grant. An example could be roman gladiator armor for each death match achievements.
    I believe this would not only make players happy but also draw more people into both sections of PvP ( fixing the issue with not enough people doing death match because of CTF)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

PLz relocate the "Exit" button after the game is won I always accidentally pressing it because its next to the Skills and Attack buttons and wined up in town missing scores, rejoin etc. THX
    I have been truly enjoying DL PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've really had enough of people all joining one team when the game has started too outnumber the other team, I just leave as soon as they start doing that.
    Also when you exit can't we go back to the pvp game selection lobby instead of going to vampire district and walking all the way back, or even put us next to the fountain

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't see your post and just submitted same request, people do it on purpose thinking they'll get better score ratio. I just leave as soon as they start all joining one team , really is annoying though isn't it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default PVP suggestions

Hi, I pvp a lot in the game and I found that a lot of players tend to cheat. I've seen this pretty often. What these people do is that if they are in a losing team, they would leave the pvp session and rejoin the winning team. This makes the team that is losing lose faster and the person who joined the winning team wins. I find this quite unfair. I hope you guys make a timer so that if a person leaves in the middle of a pvp session, they cant rejoin again for a period of time, like 5 minutes or longer just so that person cant just leave a losing team and rejoin the winning one. It makes the fights unfair.

I've also noticed that in Death Match, sometimes, the losing team decides to stay dead so the winning team cant get anymore kills to win the game. This also is unfair to the winning team. I think u guys should give the player a certian amount of time, let's say, 5 seconds to respawn and if they dont respawn, they either get kick out of the game and cant rejoin for a period of time or they auto respawn if they dont respawn in 5 seconds.

Thanks for listening. I'm just pointing out how players in the game tends to cheat in pvp and I hope you guys consider my suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Dark Legends features Player vs. Player combat (PvP). To engage in PvP, go to the Map and then to the Vampire District. In the Vampire District, go all the way to the left and you fill find the Peaceful Meadows Asylum. Enter there and you will be in a 5 vs 5 Capture the Flag match. The match will only start when there are 3 or more players on each team.

After you have played Dark Legends and engaged in PvP combat, we would like to hear your thoughts.

We ask that you please keep your feedback constructive, as per the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by GothGirl View Post
    Hi, I pvp a lot in the game and I found that a lot of players tend to cheat. I've seen this pretty often. What these people do is that if they are in a losing team, they would leave the pvp session and rejoin the winning team. This makes the team that is losing lose faster and the person who joined the winning team wins. I find this quite unfair. I hope you guys make a timer so that if a person leaves in the middle of a pvp session, they cant rejoin again for a period of time, like 5 minutes or longer just so that person cant just leave a losing team and rejoin the winning one. It makes the fights unfair.

I've also noticed that in Death Match, sometimes, the losing team decides to stay dead so the winning team cant get anymore kills to win the game. This also is unfair to the winning team. I think u guys should give the player a certian amount of time, let's say, 5 seconds to respawn and if they dont respawn, they either get kick out of the game and cant rejoin for a period of time or they auto respawn if they dont respawn in 5 seconds.

Thanks for listening. I'm just pointing out how players in the game tends to cheat in pvp and I hope you guys consider my suggestions.
    Lol yeah but i dont know why ppl do it win or lose... Pointless. Well at least for now lol its the KD ratio ppl should be worried about.

The only time I would agree to this is if they release PVP vanities that require Match win currency like WoW... but until then ppl should be more concerned about KD ratios.. even if yhu join the winning team it wouldnt help yhu get a good KD ratio .

And thats the other thing. I would like to see PVP currency for winning matches to go towards PVP only ranked gear. :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

More maps such as subway, streets, graveyard, mansion, rooftops, basically whatever there's already a layout for. Less zombies or fewer spawns because I feel that they slow the pacing at critical points. Larger battles than 5v5 such as 10v10 if the game finder was more stable. Better ping on tablets. That's all I got right now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

PvP needs some Developer Love.

PvP Builds DL Tourney
    "...the only thing we have to fear is fear itself..." -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

G'day!

Players, such as myself, enjoy pvp more than doing missions, farming for vanities and achievements. If we get more maps for pve, i reckon pvp should as well. A new CTF/DM map would be awesome!

Oh! An actual flag instead of a box would be a cool change as well.

Cheers!

'I've seen a baby cry, seconds later she laughs. The beauty of life.. The pain never lasts.' - J. Cole

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GothGirl View Post
    I've also noticed that in Death Match, sometimes, the losing team decides to stay dead so the winning team cant get anymore kills to win the game. This also is unfair to the winning team.
    Yeah... I did this. Because teams were 5-1. Me being the 1. I was so upset no one switched sides or even offered; five of them so happy to chase me around I decide to play dead and wait them out. Sure enough after about 3-4 minutes the first one left, few minutes later the next one. Then it was 3-1 and the last 3 didn't seem to notice my respawn and I managed to get King of Ring and wallop on them. That caused one more to leave and then I was able to fight last 2 who then left one-by-one. Wow, what a great guys. 5-1 they like but even 3-1 odds they rather leave. Finally won 11-5. So, kindly let me die and wait out opposition. ALSO... leaving and/or playing dead is really only option you have when you find out that opposite team has members who are 6 levels higher and just womping on lower levels. In that case I like to wait out "King of Ring" until I have a chance to attack them. This made me realized in DM King of Ring can be a huge equalizer. King of Ring gives the lower level player the brief power boost necessary to overcome numbers/levels disparity. I would still advocate narrowing the level spread to 2-3, but at least in DM there is a tool to reduce this, if you can get it. So CTF could really benefit from this sort of device in absence of not reducing the level spread.

This brings me back to, imo, most egregious problems with PVP right now: uneven team stacking and terrible level spreads. When teams are even the PVP games are truly awesome. Yesterday had over one hour CTF session, after 40 minutes still 0-0... teams were full @ 5-5 and all members within 3 levels. Everyone started chatting and laughing and really getting into it and encouraging each other, including opposite teams. Fantastic game! I think everyone who is lucky to be in those PVP matches realizes PVP completely wipes out PVE experience. Unfortunately those are really really _rare_ games. Overwhelmingly, my CTF matches go like this... go to game, no one there, wait... few minutes later player shows up... leaves, another.... then players coming/going... finally there were 3-3 entrances both sides, game starts, but teams are stacked like 2-1 or 3-1... few minutes later the 1 player leaves. The end. So 10 minutes wait for 30 second game. That is the average CTF experience right now. Sorry guys. It's not working. The other most common one, and I'm certainly guilty... game starts... I get into duel... attack other player, then one FB they just wipe me out. All my attacks didn't even slow him down. Wow, yeah. That's stimulating. Later find out these guys are 5-6 levels higher. Now when I encounter these players I just leave too. No point. So I'm one of the guilty people abandoning games early too. Yes. But after participating tons of games last few weeks I can honestly see that _no one_ enjoys uneven games or participating in game where they don't even feel they have a chance. Balanced games on the other hand are a great experience that everyone enjoys. Everyone takes tons of deaths, everyone gets tons of kills, most people enjoy spend the whole time in the game, great experience all around. So question devs have to ask, how to restructure PVP so that the majority of matches become like _that_, and not the other way around.

Again, not meant as criticism. You guys made an awesome game, trying to help make it a better experience for everyone.

Ok, final ~ps IF I could make a PVP wishlist... I think a lot of players shun PVP because it really takes skill to learn, and skilled players have a huge advantage, unskilled players' first impressions are always getting mercilessly wiped out. I try to help new players and teach them some tricks and encourage them to play more to help build player base, but it's still pretty thin I guess. I think PVP does need more _incentives_ to play. Devs have included zombies and ghost in CTF...I really think zombies and Ghost should (1) drop gold, (2) drop a rare type vanity PVP garment set that _ONLY_ drops in PVP games and _ONLY_ from the ghost or zombies and ONLY when both teams have minimum 3-3 players. Come on guys.... the DL PVP could be really awesome... but the games need to be structured to be basically fair and we need to incentivize people to play CTF.

Thank you for thinking.
    Last edited by Tor; 08-20-2012 at 11:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Dear Devs,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE address the LEVEL SPREAD ISSUE. The spreads are KILLING games guys. Seriously. For the first time a lot of people from my friends list on this weekend and we had huge CTF session going, after each match just restart, we all lvl 11-13... some Lvl 17 joined and we asked politely to leave and he refused and just run over our map. Within 2 games basically everybody just quit. If you are not going to address the level spread issue at all can we then at least have a BOOT option for the person who opens a map so that we can start to manage these games? I really enjoy the CTF when the teams are more or less even but these unbalanced matches are KILLING it. PLEASE GUYS. I see from continued silence on this issue this is the lowest priority for devs which I think is crying shame. I think PVP could be strength of DL but it really needs some changes.

Thank you for thinking.
    Last edited by Tor; 08-25-2012 at 12:56 AM.

Akihabara Denki Gai (Home of all the OTAKUS! XD)- Tokyo, Japan :)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    Dear Devs,

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE address the LEVEL SPREAD ISSUE. The spreads are KILLING games guys. Seriously. For the first time a lot of people from my friends list on this weekend and we had huge CTF session going, after each match just restart, we all lvl 11-13... some Lvl 17 joined and we asked politely to leave and he refused and just run over our map. Within 2 games basically everybody just quit. If you are not going to address the level spread issue at all can we then at least have a BOOT option for the person who opens a map so that we can start to manage these games? I really enjoy the CTF when the teams are more or less even but these unbalanced matches are KILLING it. PLEASE GUYS. I see from continued silence on this issue this is the lowest priority for devs which I think is crying shame. I think PVP could be strength of DL but it really needs some changes.

Thank you for thinking.
    This has been suggested many times already(i myself also suggested this about two mths back).

However, this issue is being ignored(and probably will be forever) since even though devs have actually seen it but refuse to add a boot button.

We players are not asking much, its just a boot button.

Sent from my Xperia S using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2
    DO NOT INVITE ME TO YOUR GUILD IN SL UNLESS IT'S EBS TYVM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

I would suggest that you show opposing team player lvls