Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Combat

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Question Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - Combat

After you have played Dark Legends, we would love to hear your feedback about combat. How does it feel? What do you like about it? What suggestions do you have to improve it?

We ask that you please keep your feedback constructive, as per the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.
    Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

I love it. Just needs a mini health bar for mobs

3. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRyder For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Showing mob damage would be awesome for us testers, but I guess it is too much of a load on the system?

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Hmmm, I think adding unlimited enemy respawn and it's either a big map or enemies respawn fast. And maybe adding some bosses for items, and boxes and barrels, and other "treasure boxes" for extra gold would be good so if we were waiting for energy or were bored.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Pros:
    1) Like the weapon charge. Nice feature to use in betwen mobs.
    2) Like the blood and animations.
    3) Like the drain blood feature. Still getting used to using on chrome. I think I will like alot better on handheld device.

Cons:
    1) Random games only. No cooperative effort.
    2) no auto attack, have to keep mashing spacebar.
    3) no enemy health meter. Not a big issue yet, when enemies get tougher may become problem.

Most, if not all of my issues may be rectified when I can play on ios. Chrome is clearly not what the game was created for.

Can the game be played on a Kindle Fire? I may be able to steal from the wife for a bit.
    YYZBird-115, YYZBear-115, YYZMage-115

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Graphics and animations are great. I play from the HTC EVO and the gameplay is fluid from charging to dying. I think the mob needs health bar even if it only shows me the one im targeted on it would help me not waste a skill. Auto attack would help so I can stop using skills instead of attacks and vice versa. Having the ability to use more of my skills since I might have to unlock all to use certain ones maybe slide bar like SL. plz add the create a game feature so you can play game with friends or having a friends list would be pointless. I should have made a bulletin board.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

So far, the missions seem to be much more fun than in SL/PL. I do feel like there is not enough options though for playstyle customization though. The skill tree is very shallow, and does not allow for varying roles; only damage damage damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

After killing thousands of goons the most disturbing thing for me is the vertical camera.
    When I swing the camera around like in PL I also switch the vertical angle which puts me in chaotic situations quite often xD
    Maybe you guys could make an option where we could have a fixed vertical cam like you implemented in pvp

The splatter is np for me but pls don't let it cover the screen. It's get quite disturbing.

Another thing is (I don't know where to post this), could you make potions and vanities stashable, pls?
    I play with three chars now and Sometimes I wanna share pots or vanities with my other chars so I don't have to buy for each separately.

I will test the game further on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I love the combat. I wish the animations for the weapons were different, rather than, using a rapier that feels no different from using daggers. I would like to see a variety of weapons, such as claws, fans, chakrams.

I like to use ranged spells and fight from afar so I would like to see fire arms make it into the game. Pistols, machine guns, rocket launchers, crossbows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hate waiting for timer to unlock missions also wish there was lock on at least for special moves. Most time you don't even know if your hitting target

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikemethadone View Post
    I hate waiting for timer to unlock missions also wish there was lock on at least for special moves. Most time you don't even know if your hitting target
    Items scale to level so feel free to run some of the many missions you have unlocked while you wait. The also cost the same 3 energy and you get the same 10 exp.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Love the graphics on this game. Blood awesome. The only thing i complain about its the buffs u get from completing small screen missions. The timer ticks as soon u finish the mission and if u dont have enough energy to do dungeons.....total waste. I do small missions cos of buffs but u dont always get buffs so u do multiple missions. when u get buffs that last 15mins and dungeons last wat?? 2-5mins and we ran out of energy to do more dungeon. WASTE.
    Need to let us have buff ticks just in dungeons or gives us the buffs in potions and we get the option to when to use it and once used and if we finish the dungeon before the buff ends, then we got no choice to either waste it or run another dungeon.

but i still LOVE THE GAME

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RaijinSama For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Combat is quick and Diablo-esque. I do wish there were two-handed and ranged weapons for more variety and maybe a boss or two that require a bit more strategy. I do love that I can run a dungeon with no blood packs as long as I drink enough of the blood of my enemies.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Growwle View Post
    Combat is quick and Diablo-esque. I do wish there were two-handed and ranged weapons for more variety and maybe a boss or two that require a bit more strategy. I do love that I can run a dungeon with no blood packs as long as I drink enough of the blood of my enemies.
    There definitely needs to be more boss mechanics. I remember a few earlier on that were challenging, but after a while, bosses just become tank-n-spanks.

And addition weapon types would add a lot more depth to the game (which it could use), especially if each weapon type had a unique charge-up attack.
    Cjon - Lvl 21!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but its kind of related to combat.

So as we've seen, the enemies in a given mission will scale if you are soloing. But what happens if you are playing a MP game? If I am 20 and I'm running with a lvl 5 and a lvl 6 how will the enemies scale?

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place for this, but its kind of related to combat.

So as we've seen, the enemies in a given mission will scale if you are soloing. But what happens if you are playing a MP game? If I am 20 and I'm running with a lvl 5 and a lvl 6 how will the enemies scale?
    They scale up to the highest players' level from my experience, I hosted/joined a multi game with a dev L21 on day 1 so I was still like L8 or something. Anyway, I didn't seem to be making a dent in the enemies (they don't have health bars but that was the impression I was getting), also I know for fact that I didn't get a single kill in the entire map. So yeah...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    They scale up to the highest players' level from my experience, I hosted/joined a multi game with a dev L21 on day 1 so I was still like L8 or something. Anyway, I didn't seem to be making a dent in the enemies (they don't have health bars but that was the impression I was getting), also I know for fact that I didn't get a single kill in the entire map. So yeah...
    Ouch... well that's going to make going back and playing old maps difficult. Especially since you can't lock games.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

ya we need better skill tree. before the release they always saying this skill tree lets u change the way ur char becomes but so far i only can c only 1 type of vampire only available to all of us. which is Melee dps. Theres no tank, theres no range dps. only melee. so in pvp theres no challenge at all. U never gona hear...OMFG a range dps pwn a melee or WOW a tank just wipe the whole floor. Hopefully they will change the VARIETY of this game and become CHOICE of gameplay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RaijinSama View Post
    ya we need better skill tree. before the release they always saying this skill tree lets u change the way ur char becomes but so far i only can c only 1 type of vampire only available to all of us. which is Melee dps. Theres no tank, theres no range dps. only melee. so in pvp theres no challenge at all. U never gona hear...OMFG a range dps pwn a melee or WOW a tank just wipe the whole floor. Hopefully they will change the VARIETY of this game and become CHOICE of gameplay.
    With a few relatively small changes, they could fix this problem. My thread (My overall thoughts of the game) goes over this problem. My suggestion is a pretty simple one.

Leap doesn't belong in mid branch since it's completely opposite of Hellblade and Dark Binding's effect, and instead should be in the top branch to synergize with Shadow Dance and Fire Aura (Shadow Dance to get to the enemies, activate Fire Aura since you're right next to them, and then Leap to keep them in range longer). Fire Aura makes more sense to be in the top branch so you can use Shadow Dance to get enemies in range of it.

Unholy Blessing is fine and all in top branch, but it would be much better in the bottom branch since it has obvious synergy with Fatal Burst.

Curse should be move to the middle branch since something from the bottom branch has to move, and it can't be Fatal Burst (and for other reasons described below).

On final change is that a fourth ability (A TRUE support ability) should be added to the middle branch not only to add a support role to the game, but also since middle branch is the only one to lack a fifth ability.

With these changes the following things would be established.
    Top Branch: DPS tree that sacrifices long disables for large amounts of damage (This should have the highest DPS out of all the branches)
    Middle Branch: Between Curse, the Root and -Armor from Dark Binding (and hopefully a new support ability to make up for the lack of a fight ability) this would function as a Support Branch.
    Bottom Branch: DPS tree that doesn't do as much damage as Top Branch, but has more utility with long range abilities and long disables.

Other than making a new ability for Middle Branch, this would be a very simple change to add consistency and defined roles to the various Branches.
    Cjon - Lvl 21!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Currently on the PC version of the game... I have pressed every button on my keyboard and came to this conclusion.

WASD and NUMPAD 8,4,6,2 will move your character. Spacebar is your auto attack, and 1-4 are your skills. I absoluteley LOVE using WASD to move since it's the normal thing in mmo's on PC. but it's not possible to use WASD and press 1-4 for your skills at the same time. This makes me have to play like a weirdo with my right hand pressing 1-4 while my left presses WASD. can you PLEASE make J K L ; also skills 1-4?????? Or at least allow us to rebind our keys so I can make new binds for skills 1-4... if that can happen this game will become THAT MUCH BETTER. I already love it for PC and mobile which I play on both, but I would really apprecaite if you could take this small fix into consideration!