Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - User Interface

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Question Official Dark Legends Feedback Thread - User Interface

After playing Dark Legends, what do you think about the user interface (UI)? What do you like about it? What suggestions do you have to improve it?

We ask that you please keep your feedback constructive, as per the Forum Rules at: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

5. Non-Constructive posts are prohibited.

Below is a non-exhaustive list of examples of non-constructive posts. As a rule, non-constructive posting is not permitted:

Spam - this is considered to be repetitive posting of the same topic or text or nonsensical posts that have no substance and are often designed to annoy other forum users.

Bumping posts in order to keep them near the top of the list is also prohibited. Likewise, the use of "/signed" posts are discouraged in that it doesn’t engender constructive discussion.

Do not create threads/posts to “petition” or “lobby” for game features, additions, changes, or other issues. You may post suggestions and/or ideas to the boards, but you may not create a ‘petition’ for others to sign. This is bumping in disguise and will not be allowed. Lobbying is continually bringing up the same topic repeatedly in numerous different threads or as an off-topic post in official threads to get developer attention. This form of posting is not permitted.

Cross posting - As a courtesy to others before beginning a new thread, please look to see if an active thread on that topic has already been established using the Search feature. If so, place your comments there instead. Multiple threads on the same subject clutter up the forum needlessly and many good ideas may be lost. Use the Search link to keep discussions about one topic to one thread only.

Negative feedback can be very useful, provided that it is presented in a civil, factual manner. Tell us what you don't like and why and how you feel it could be improved. Posts that are insulting and rude may be deleted, no matter how valid the ideas behind them may be.

A rant is a post which is long-winded, redundant and filled with angry, non-constructive comments. A free exchange of ideas is essential to building a strong sense of community and helpful in the development of the game, but rants are disruptive and incite flaming and trolling. Please post your thoughts in a concise, clear manner and avoid going off on rambling tangents.

False obituary threads are considered highly improper, and knowingly posting false news of a player’s real-life death may result in a ban of both your forum account and your game account.

Threads that make threats or use other combative language are not allowed.
    Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I love the skill tree the most. Pl and sl rly need this. Beisdes that its familiar to sl and pl.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Is there not a join game button(like in PL & SL) that will give a list of all games in progress and let me choose one to join? The energy thing is bad enough, (very bad) I dont want to join a game thats puts me at the end of a map and lose energy for 30 seconds of playtime. Need join game button with the progress bar and filters like in PL & SL.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rkp71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

On my phone Xperia play, areas are to dark, i believe a brightness slider is needed. but if i turn up brightness on my phone my batterie dies 10x faster.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi, I didn't want the skill tree to automatically assign skillls automatically as I might want to assign them myself. But I had no idea that every map I know have to respec and map. Very annoying. Please help. I just bought some platinum too. This is very annoying. Please advise.

Chappy.

8.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chappy View Post
    Hi, I didn't want the skill tree to automatically assign skillls automatically as I might want to assign them myself. But I had no idea that every map I know have to respec and map. Very annoying. Please help. I just bought some platinum too. This is very annoying. Please advise.

Chappy.
    If you go to the Lair and to your Powers tab, you can disable auto power point assignment.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Most excellent...it really is a new game... I like it so far.

I also notice the angle of view is almost 90 degrees. Any way to make this more angular like PL? Since it is so dark would like to view ahead more?

Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Can I enable the auto skill since I have it already disabled?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chappy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Once you disabled the auto skill you can not re-enable it. Remember to click map skills to display after you select them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Its out for iOS? I dont see in app store

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Every time I start a new map, I have to reselect and remap them for each run. Ugh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I like the UI except for the chat box. Since it was different from the other games, it did take me a little while to figure out where it was on this game. Once I found it, I noticed that it is very hard to read on my phone (Droid X) because the words are so little. It is also very ackward to use during gameplay because of the location. I would like to see the energy and other notifications moved to another part of the UI and the chat box put at the top.

One of the things that I always liked about STS games compared to other games of the same type was how user friendly your chat system has always been. It would be so great if yall could update it on this game to make it more user friendly.

Infinite Union-Officer Click here to join
    Trixie-Rogue/ Trixietoo-Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chappy View Post
    Most excellent...it really is a new game... I like it so far.

I also notice the angle of view is almost 90 degrees. Any way to make this more angular like PL? Since it is so dark would like to view ahead more?

Thanks.
    You can go into options and unchecked the box that fixes the camera angle then it will be user controlled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I absolutely do not like the new keyboard controls. In PL the camera angle could be controlled by the q and e keys now they do something different forcing the use of the mouse to move the camera... this just seems clumsy to me. It was so much faster to just use the mouse for targeting and skills, now it is used for targeting, skills and looking around, i find this to be a hindrance during heavy game play.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Good UI but the message saying 1 friend is online is truly annoying and not very useful...

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StompArtist For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I didn't expect the same per say as PL or SL but I did kind of expect the same phonetics. I have to say that I miss the old interface. I like the idea and the graphics A LOT but I feel the top bars and corner controls takes too much room on the screen compared to the other two and it takes away from the feel as I (as well as many) play by phone. I find myself hittng the general area of the previous game abilities. Plus, i think the abilities are too crammed in the corner. I don't like, at all, the energy bar (will hold tongue on this subject for this thread lol) or the map design. For example, on the first map you only physically play maybe four or five times and the inbetweens are you summoning, breaking in, investigating etc. I, personally would rather do this on my own rather then see a mini clip and find it boring as you use up the energy for three second clips. The chat I miss seeing at the top also. As mentioned above its way to small and I like talking with people I play with. So far I'm ok with the game for now but I already know ill be giving it up eventually and unfortunately *cough cough energy bar *cough lol thank you for your hard work spacetime, but I guess im just a pocket legend :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    Good UI but the message saying 1 friend is online is truly annoying and not very useful...
    i have added so many friends on DL (60+ easy), its really not necessary, but in my alts i pick and choose so having that in the options to turn it off would be cool.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Is there an auto attack option or is this disabled by design.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Fluff, I don't think there's an auto-attack mainly due to charge-up attacks.

On my Motorola Blur (MB520) the game does not rotate 180 degrees when the phone is flipped to the other landscape view.

The area around the joystick shouldn't have the ability to rotate the screen. If you don't quite grab the joystick accurately you end up rotating instead of advancing your character in the desired direction.

There are times when I fully charge my weapon and it seems like no attack is performed when I release.

On the map, when doing cut-scene actions, there are times when it gets stuck, requiring a force close. It's as if both the completed arrow and a popup box are on top of each other.

I haven't tried the chrome version too much, but I think it would still be nice (for all the games) if you could customize the control keys. Not sure what the difficulty in doing that is.

It would be nice if the full set of options (and Lair, etc.) are available to be tweaked even if you are still doing the tutorial. What if someone doesn't want the tutorial to auto-assign things?

Can we have the option to disable xp gain please?

I'd like to be able to enable/disable UI hints either at the global level, or the current screen.

There's probably more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    If you go to the Lair and to your Powers tab, you can disable auto power point assignment.
    But mister Sam this is AFTER the tutorial, when the player has already leveled up twice and has a skill they might not want. Oh, and octavos told me respecs are broken and do nothing, so everybody is stuck with their skills until it gets fixed, which adds even more problems. I understand the first skill is required to unlock further skills, but being forced into a second is just not good.

Ok my main feedback about the UI. The game seems to be designed for iOS with two many taps being needed. Android Menu key doesn't open the character menu, and back won't let you exit dialogs. Back key opens the menu, but to exit it or any dialog you need to tap X. Please can Android users be allowed to open the menu with Menu key and exit dialogs with Back key? On a phone screen it's small and wastes time trying to hit the X just right.

Can Menu and Back keys on Android be made to function like PL and SL?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 04-13-2012 at 12:03 AM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange