Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Energy is not the issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Angry Energy is not the issue.

It is the mandatory wait time to get on with my game imposed by cut scene missions. Energy wait time is a choice based on how much we want. Three hours for literally nothing makes no sense other than blatently milking us for plat. I have no problem with waiting for energy as I may choose to either play in the pvp arwna or one of you other fun mini games like star legens or that other cute one with the animals. I am a bit dissapointed by this implentation in an otherwise very fun game.

2.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

The "gameification" of the map with actions were implemented to help a more casual, mobile bite-sized player audience (that we have a lot of, given the platform) grasp the progression through campaigns. We know that hard core gamers might find it a bit restrictive. Thanks much for taking the time to write up your feedback.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

No reason you need to 'sit around'. If you have the energy, activate all the waits in your area and do something else. If you still have nrg you can play a combat map, or you can pvp, or just log off and ride your bike to town to purchase flowers for your sweety. Whatever you do, the levels will take the same amount of time and you can come 'collect' your exp and gold at your leisure.

Ps: your nrg will also continue to increase while you are away.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    No reason you need to 'sit around'. If you have the energy, activate all the waits in your area and do something else. If you still have nrg you can play a combat map, or you can pvp, or just log off and ride your bike to town to purchase flowers for your sweety. Whatever you do, the levels will take the same amount of time and you can come 'collect' your exp and gold at your leisure.
    On that note im a busy fellow so insted of killing. i do missions where it takes hours to complete 1-2+ so i can have racked up XP to level up when i need one or 2 xp
    so, its why i have leveled up fast...there is a trick to like each game has a nitch you have to figure out.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

i like the whole system minus the 1 hour plus ones yeah its good for when you want to just leave it overnight but not when i want to progress through to the next campaign.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    On that note im a busy fellow so insted of killing. i do missions where it takes hours to complete 1-2+ so i can have racked up XP to level up when i need one or 2 xp
    so, its why i have leveled up fast...there is a trick to like each game has a nitch you have to figure out.
    Would be perfect if you could move on to the next area after completion but before you 'collect'.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I really have no idea what you mean by gameification lol. Three hours, however is not bite size, by any stretch. I do not even have an issue with an hour, but holding up progress for three hours? You really end up losing money by having players go play another game and find somwthing shiney there to buy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Couldnt one activate like 5 timer missions, and leave it overnight, wake up, and find himself with waay more xp, and a full energy bar.
    L15 Mage - Certificates. L12 Behr - Certificate. L15 Teamer Mage - Duuq

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

So I should only play this game before going to bed? Because it is about vampires and stuff in the dark? Can we please stop trying to spin this issue and focus on a wait time of THREE hours??? It is getting a bit insulting now. I have no desire to "do something else" while I wait, or I would not play this game in the first place. And the idea that any kind of representative of this company should suggest that is absured. If you really do not want me to play this game, from the suggestions I am seeing, then I will not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

you could but i wanna play now..... not later

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Or you have multiple toons, either on same account or multiple accounts. Or activate a bunch just as you go out to eat. I'm thinking a progression of toons (1, 2, 3, etc). I log on #1, check missions, start timers, go to breakfast. Come back. If timers/energy done, do a dungeon. If not, go to toon #2, etc.

EDIT:
    Actually considering I actually spend time away from DL, I find I do not even have to do this. My L18 toon right now has ALL the timed missions complete or activated. I am waiting on one mission to move on, but I can certainly collect all the completed missions and level or collect some and get buffs and farm for some stuff I want. I am actually short on missions now to spend energy on, on my ONE toon.

I collected some missions yesterday (like 6 of them?) while farming for some gems in Kain's Crest (notice how the loot levels follow your level), but this morning I had full energy again and spent them all on more missions before breakfast, since I can't usually play during the day. Last I saw my notifications, I had 35 completed missions I could collect ...

The last time I collected a bunch of missions looking for buffs I ended up going from like 50xp to 900xp, with only about 100xp left to level. It did not make me happy to gain xp when I only wanted buffs

I have alts, but finding missions to spend all the energy points, when I cannot play, is becoming really difficult.

Not to mention, if I save 9 energy points to go into a dungeon, well, this can take an hour or more to finish using up that energy, what with all the in dungeon energy drops. So right now, energy is not an issue. Finding more missions to spend energy on IS.
    Last edited by Fyrce; 04-20-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Also, in the dungeon with the manholes covering the zombies, couldnt one exploit this by simply letting them respawn, and kill them over and over with a bot?

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaduck View Post
    Also, in the dungeon with the manholes covering the zombies, couldnt one exploit this by simply letting them respawn, and kill them over and over with a bot?
    nope they stop eventually lol. but i do destroy everything in the level including a harmless newspaper box. u never know what the news reporters come up with these days.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

15. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts

Lol silly Ghost.

THE DUUQS WILL RULE.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

3 hours isn't even that long, I've already came across a 9 hour one.. after that I deleted the game.
    The gameplay is fun but the cost of missions (cutscenes) wich is 8 at where I am and the long waits to progress has totally turned me off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I think energy is the issue, they added these wait times likely because thay knew you would run out of energy in the first place. So they added some long wait times to keep you from worrying about energy as much, yes wait times are a bit rediculous to me be they walk hand in hand with the energy problem.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Basically what they've done, is create a game where you can only progress at a good pace if you spend money. Making us wait to gain xp means we just log OUT of the game to play a different one, hardly keeping us interested is it? Typical....

Kenzor L16 Warrior | Proud
    Voii L16 Rogue | Officer
    Kenzzor L15 Sorcerer | of Vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kenzor View Post
    Basically what they've done, is create a game where you can only progress at a good pace if you spend money. Making us wait to gain xp means we just log OUT of the game to play a different one, hardly keeping us interested is it? Typical....
    XP is on sale now, only 5 plat (50 cents) per 25 XP. o.O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
    So I should only play this game before going to bed? Because it is about vampires and stuff in the dark? Can we please stop trying to spin this issue and focus on a wait time of THREE hours??? It is getting a bit insulting now. I have no desire to "do something else" while I wait, or I would not play this game in the first place. And the idea that any kind of representative of this company should suggest that is absured. If you really do not want me to play this game, from the suggestions I am seeing, then I will not.
    If you keep raging them just quit I won't miss you if this is your attitude.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Elysony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

There's no need to get personal.
    From my point of view the only problem here is the success of PL and SL.
    While I don't like SL as much as I like PL I will give DL a try.
    Before PL got big many changes had to been made.

After a few days I won't criticize the game, I'd rather look for its weakness and by pointing it out the devs might be able to help improve the gameplay. The energy issue won't disappear so let's do some brainstorming and find a way to maximize the gameplay with its restrictions. The game has a big potential, so pls give it a warm up phase