Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Energy is not the issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The Energy would be fine if it increased with your level. Say, +5 max Energy per level, or even every other level would be fine. It would be great. You could progress at a faster pace, even with the timers and such. I really think this game is meant to be more social than PL or SL, and maybe an emphasis on PvP, although that could use some improvements, such as ACTUAL PvP and not CTF. I think the Energy and wait times are fine, but they need to increase the Energy somehow.

Also, there's a 24-hour timer on a mission some time after the 9-hour one. Have fun with that. You can also do missions you've already done while you wait for the long timers to finish. Be happy they don't lock you into that timer. They could make it so you can't do any other missions while you're waiting for timer missions to finish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I have to put in my two cents.

This game is for players ages 17 and up. Most people that age are busy with school, work, or both. The fact that you can play through an area once and are not required to grind through it endlessly should come as a relief. You can do the timed quests while you're busy with life, then check back when you have time to complete them.

I'm relieved at not needing to grind. I don't have that much time for it. And each playable level only requires 3 energy points. It takes 2 hours and 5 minutes to get all 25 energy points. So, after you get home from work, you could do 8 levels. More than, if you figure that soloing takes more time and you'll get more energy as you go.

I understand that people who want to grind for hours are disappointed. But the fact is, you don't have to spend money to play, and I think most people will find that they have plenty of energy if they time it right.

It's not a perfect system, but I really like the game anyway! If someone doesn't like it, that's fine. Enjoy playing PL and SL! This is a new, different game, and it's still gaining it's footing. Give it a chance, people.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lylaise For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I am split on the energy and the timer...
    -restrictions cause slower growth and monetary gain, also gives much larger edge to those who pay to play than their other games.
    -less people farming = less server usage = less lagg?
    -also means less coveted items out there... good, or bad?
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How bout as u lvl the energy bar increases as well. For darklegends. A lot of takers have mentioned this and as well as puzzle games to figure out for more drops and vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I personally don't have a problem with an energy mechanic in and of itself. However, I have had to refuse invitations to run with friends because I was out of energy. Yes I could have bought some. but, I didn't want to, even though I could have afforded it. and there are those who just cant afford it. I feel that 25 energy is too limited, yes I know they have increased the drop rate, but, for me, it often falls when I don't need it. IE my energy is already full or nearly full. Stashable energy, like health or Mana pots would be great.
    IGN - LyrrLynn. Guild Master of Xplicit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

24 hours to search a body?
    9 hours to kill two guards and a door?
    The Outskirts takes too long...

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    24 hours to search a body?
    9 hours to kill two guards and a door?
    The Outskirts takes too long...
    Ever try killing a door? Not as easy as you think.

-----
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shellkaz View Post
    I personally don't have a problem with an energy mechanic in and of itself. However, I have had to refuse invitations to run with friends because I was out of energy. Yes I could have bought some. but, I didn't want to, even though I could have afforded it. and there are those who just cant afford it. I feel that 25 energy is too limited, yes I know they have increased the drop rate, but, for me, it often falls when I don't need it. IE my energy is already full or nearly full. Stashable energy, like health or Mana pots would be great.
    +5 for you!! ))

But seriously. I'll go to finish a mission before bed, and get buffs and energy that I can't use. The energy I don't mind so much, even though it IS annoying. But the buffs... Those really hurt. We should be able to select when we use them. Most definitely. XD

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lylaise For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The "gameification" of the map with actions were implemented to help a more casual, mobile bite-sized player audience (that we have a lot of, given the platform) grasp the progression through campaigns. We know that hard core gamers might find it a bit restrictive. Thanks much for taking the time to write up your feedback.
    Sam, I'm not sure I understand this. How does an energy system help casual players grasp the progression through campaigns? Couldn't they play at their own pace without an energy system? I'm an iOS user so haven't got to play yet so maybe I'll understand better when I do but from what I've read it seems like the main purpose of the energy system is to restrict people who want to farm or make them pay plats.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lylaise View Post
    +5 for you!! ))

But seriously. I'll go to finish a mission before bed, and get buffs and energy that I can't use. The energy I don't mind so much, even though it IS annoying. But the buffs... Those really hurt. We should be able to select when we use them. Most definitely. XD
    That is not a game issue, it is a strategy issue. I am thinking of putting a guide together on this, but the most important thing is not to 'finish' a mission unless there is a benefit. The three possible benefits of missions are experience, energy and buffs. For that reason, should not harvest a mission if you have no energy because then you can't use the buff and you should not harvest a mission if you have full energy because then you waste the possible extra energy.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    That is not a game issue, it is a strategy issue. I am thinking of putting a guide together on this, but the most important thing is not to 'finish' a mission unless there is a benefit. The three possible benefits of missions are experience, energy and buffs. For that reason, should not harvest a mission if you have no energy because then you can't use the buff and you should not harvest a mission if you have full energy because then you waste the possible extra energy.
    Fluff, wouldn't it be better if you could just play as much as you wanted without having to come up with a complicated work around? Finding ways around the system couldn't be the intention since DL is geared to causal gamers who don't have time to put that much thought into things.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Fluff, wouldn't it be better if you could just play as much as you wanted without having to come up with a complicated work around? Finding ways around the system couldn't be the intention since DL is geared to causal gamers who don't have time to put that much thought into things.
    Just like everything else in life, you can find ways to use obstacles to your advantage, or you can pay money to have those obstacles removed.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FluffNStuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

lol @ "that other cute one with the animals"

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

I'm going to reiterate what Fluff is saying that people just aren't strategizing properly.

You can't just do steps 1-20 and expect an optimal result. Sometimes you have to go back and do steps 1 and 2, or 5 and 6.

You need to be familiar with what the possible rewards are for each mission.

If you are about to take the rewards of a mission that will level you up and you haven't used up your energy, you're doing it wrong.

If you are about to take the rewards of a mission that might give you a 15-minute buff and you have 2 energy left, you're doing it wrong.

One of the beauties of DL is that you can be L15 and that first campaign is still useful to you. This is one of the things that people complained about in PL where people get bored after finishing the content. Now that you can replay content in DL and still reap the benefits, people aren't even taking advantage of it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixking View Post
    Grrr they answer drews question but not mine! That makes me mad,grrrrrrrrrrrr!
    Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post
    We have leet lv 55-56 players dying at Plasma Pyramid...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengotengo View Post
    It's like someone gave me a bag of M&Ms, but there's a handful of candy-coated rabbit turds in the bag somewhere.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to drewcapu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

all that silly energy and stupid mission stuff is not that big of an issue if they can compensate it with some other stuff like, more PvP maps, more modes for PvP matches, upgradable weapons and other stuff, longer Quest maps, Guild wars, bigger open world, more interactive NPCs... God, it can go on if they had imagination... just now the world is soo Dull

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lylaise View Post
    I have to put in my two cents.

This game is for players ages 17 and up. Most people that age are busy with school, work, or both. The fact that you can play through an area once and are not required to grind through it endlessly should come as a relief. You can do the timed quests while you're busy with life, then check back when you have time to complete them.

I'm relieved at not needing to grind. I don't have that much time for it. And each playable level only requires 3 energy points. It takes 2 hours and 5 minutes to get all 25 energy points. So, after you get home from work, you could do 8 levels. More than, if you figure that soloing takes more time and you'll get more energy as you go.

I understand that people who want to grind for hours are disappointed. But the fact is, you don't have to spend money to play, and I think most people will find that they have plenty of energy if they time it right.

It's not a perfect system, but I really like the game anyway! If someone doesn't like it, that's fine. Enjoy playing PL and SL! This is a new, different game, and it's still gaining it's footing. Give it a chance, people.
    couldn't u do all those same things if there wasn't the energy mechanic? Plus without it people who wanted to grind for loot could do that too. I just don't see any benefit of having it and a lot of restrictions because of it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Sam, I'm not sure I understand this. How does an energy system help casual players grasp the progression through campaigns? Couldn't they play at their own pace without an energy system? I'm an iOS user so haven't got to play yet so maybe I'll understand better when I do but from what I've read it seems like the main purpose of the energy system is to restrict people who want to farm or make them pay plats.
    Hers what i do somerimes. . Step 1: Log in every few hours. Step 2: Klick on some buttons. Step 3: exit. Repeat steps 1-3.

Spend 10 min max in dl a day. And i progress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Create a few new accounts and level them when you run out of energy..I have a 12,14, and 18. Haha sure passes the time
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    Create a few new accounts and level them when you run out of energy..I have a 12,14, and 18. Haha sure passes the time
    I understand there are things u can do to pass the time (like spend 50 plats for an extra character) lol. My point is why should we have to do things like that to play. Why not be able to play as much as we want? What is the benefit of having an energy mechanism? I can clearly see the disadvantages but can't see any advantages at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204:622864
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaytar View Post
    I understand there are things u can do to pass the time (like spend 50 plats for an extra character) lol. My point is why should we have to do things like that to play. Why not be able to play as much as we want? What is the benefit of having an energy mechanism? I can clearly see the disadvantages but can't see any advantages at all.
    Create new accounts with different emails like me. It's free
    Kaytar