Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why make an mmo where you really can't party with friends and guild?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thumbs down Why make an mmo where you really can't party with friends and guild?

This game is not multiplayer friendly, can't host games, can't kick people from instances (losing energy this way would suck, but energy sucks already), then ofcourse energy prevents you from helping a friend or a guild mate. I dont see how they could go so wrong after doing very good on the other games. I see alot of changes if this game is ever going to take off like pocket legends, but I doubt it ever even comes close. Oh, sorry I can't join that mission cause I got a 3 hour wait from one of the previous missions...

I hope this is not the direction your company is headed in, for your sake. Someone really dropped the ball on this game. Games are about having fun, you'll make your money if players are having fun. I can see some nasty reviews headed in dark legends direction...

While the game has some good points, it just falls way short in my opinion.

This is not to condemn the game but to send a wake up call...... Wake up spacetime.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts
    Last edited by Cytokinesis; 04-12-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Doesn't matter when they get here you'll still be too restricted to actually party with them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    67 Posts

Honestly, I think it's a little too early to criticize the game. What you say is true, but I think DL is going on a different direction that PL/SL. I don't think someone "dropped the ball", the game is awesome, the gameplay is pretty tight for a new game and it should only get better from here. The issue is connectivity and I'm sure we will see improvements in future patches. The energy is pretty brilliant as far as development is concerned, people tend to consume content too fast that a company cannot cope, the energy slows down consumption of content and allow newer players to catch up. Based on history, STS has tendency to speed things up (PL x2 combo, PL nerf xp, PL elixirs), this time, they want to slow things down a bit for everyone to catch up but eventually I think STS will come up of a way to speed things up. BTW, if you're waiting for your energy, CTF is more than enough to compensate for that, I find myself CTFing even after my energy goes back to full. That's just me though, so far so good.
    Last edited by vampinoy; 04-12-2012 at 12:00 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to vampinoy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

I would wait to see them implemented before making any assumptions

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Default -_-

the game just launched, of course not everything is perfect yet.
    i'm sure they will fix those things later. like you can't host games or join your friends.
    just give it some time, i can't believe people are complaining about it already.
    the game launched 1 day ago, give them... a week or 2 and the game will be much better.

so stop complaining and just have fun

9. The Following User Says Thank You to darrylriessen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I certainly do hope they make alot of changes. This games new? Thx Mr.obvious, you a real help. I can't have fun I'm out of energy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    I would wait to see them implemented before making any assumptions
    I have been trying to hold in my criticism of the game so far, so I will not elaborate too much on this yet. BUT, concerning this, it doesn't matter how they are implemented. Not being able to host games, not being able to kick people, and the restraints of energy, are going to make this a pretty hard game to party with friends. You have to coordinate with people who have enough energy to jump in a game with you... play it for 2 minutes until the stage is beaten.. and then your done. I agree that is not multiplayer friendly. I also agree that STS dropped the ball with this game.

I still enjoy the game in its current state, and I am still playing it thus far, BUT they took some AWESOME and watered it down/ ruined how awesome it could have been. If they would have just stuck to the same format as PL/SL, the game would be 20X better. I didn't care about having a totally new concept of gameplay. I like SL/PL, but I just wanted a more mature/bloody version of the game, with elements that relate more with my tastes. I got that, but with a gameplay that I did not want.

Like I said, I am still playing and still trying to give it time, so I am holding in a lot of my criticism, but I foresee myself writing a rather long post with all of my complaints soon.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I think the problem is a lot people expected it to be a lot like SL and PL with a theme change. When in fact its a totally different game. Almost everything is different.

A lot different. But that's ok. Like Sam has said many times, its a different game and isn't for everyone. what i find interesting is that people are so infuriated at STS because it is different. As if they were owed a good game that is prefect for them.

Sure some things should probably be changed, but the game is what it is.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I love the skill tree, the charge attacks and the graphics are good. The gameplay with energy and waiting are too much like farmville and other facebook games as mentioned numerous times. If they would have said we are putting out a new facebook game I would have never even installed let alone been excited and anxiously waiting. Thats great they want to change up thier concepts make some fresh changes, I think unfortunately many developments in this were based on collecting money not having another great mmo. I realy do hope things improve for dark legends.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I think the problem is a lot people expected it to be a lot like SL and PL with a theme change. When in fact its a totally different game. Almost everything is different.

A lot different. But that's ok. Like Sam has said many times, its a different game and isn't for everyone. what i find interesting is that people are so infuriated at STS because it is different. As if they were owed a good game that is prefect for them.

Sure some things should probably be changed, but the game is what it is.

I disagree. I don't think anyone is upset that it's different or because people feel they are owed anything..

Different is awesome, I actually hoped for many things different in DL. However, the problem comes from them making it different in a bad way. There is a certain element of gameplay associated with "legends" titles that people have come to love/respect/expect. Probably the BEST thing about PL/SL is the social aspect of the game. I, and many others, mainly play these games for their guild and friends. It is very easy to jump on, socialize, farm, run dungeons with, or generally just play unrestrained with your guild members and friends.

I think this was the biggest shock to people. They just assumed that DL would be similar (at least in the social aspect and team ability) to the other legend games. Playing as vampires, without classes, with gore and higher age restrictions in a legends game, and with your guilds/friends seemed amazing. But what STS did was take the base format of their games (which people are used to and loved), came up with an awesome schema for that format, got everyone super excited about it, but then threw us a curve ball with an ENTIRELY different game, which limits all of the things we loved about the PL/SL games. The difference of gameplay and format is not the issue, the restrictions of doing the things we love.. is.

Not to mention the extremely overpriced plat prices. Anyway, gonna go play some more.

Let's make it SPARKLE!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well that's what i mean. People are expecting things to be similar.

If Bethesda releases a game unlike skyrim or fallout, then would fans have such a problem? Would they quit buying games made by Bethesda?

Consider Square and the final fantasy franchise. They are not sequels even though they share the same name. And people don't expect it to be the same.

A lot of people i think were hoping it would be a sequel to the other two. But it isn't. Its its own game.

All i mean is, this is one if those cases where folks have to make a decision whether they like the game and will continue to play. But don't be outraged because it isn't the way you hoped.

I do understand what you are saying though. There are a lot of things i love about PL that aren't in the game. But, what can you do? Its a different game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

If Bethesda releases a game unlike skyrim or fallout, then would fans have such a problem? Would they quit buying games made by Bethesda?

Consider Square and the final fantasy franchise. They are not sequels even though they share the same name. And people don't expect it to be the same.

A lot of people i think were hoping it would be a sequel to the other two. But it isn't. Its its own game.

All i mean is, this is one if those cases where folks have to make a decision whether they like the game and will continue to play. But don't be outraged because it isn't the way you hoped.

I do understand what you are saying though. There are a lot of things i love about PL that aren't in the game. But, what can you do? Its a different game.
    We expected it to be different in a good way. This is different in a bad way. Mainly energy, plat, and the litlle social aspect there is.

Sent from my CM9 powered Droid X
    Main: Ardon lvl 41 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Yep...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts

Ahh, but what if they released a new Final Fantasy game... but based on energy! You only got to play 10 minutes before you had to just sit in town for an hour or so. And you had to pay $5 for each additional members to be on your team! Then you would have some outraged FF players!

That was an extreme example I know, as FF games were never based on a cash shop. But the point I was making, is that the Final Fantasy series do all have a similar core style/mechanics. You kind of know what to expect out of the gameplay.

Same with this. People knew what to expect from "Legends" games. Or thought they did.

And there are many people (myself included), that do not really care about the energy. It's annoying, we all agree on that (pretty much), but you can get used to it, and has -some- positive things to it. But to raise the plat prices on every single thing.. AND cut out the good plat deals, is crazy.

8 plat to respec skills
    50 plat for additional character slot
    10 plat to refresh energy (for another 5 minutes of play)
    18 plat for 100 blood/stims/potions
    25 plat to skip mission timers
    10 plat to bypass a playable mission
    5 plat for 25 experience
    600 plat for 225,000 gold (there is a vanity chest for 150,000, pants for 150,000, and mask for 100,000. So for 600 plat you can buy one vanity chest and have some chump change leftover).

and $50 to buy 500 plat. Soooo. For $50 you can only afford the 100,000 gold option... not even enough to buy 1 of those expensive vanities/legs. Crazy stuff I tell ya!

Back to game. ;p

Let's make it SPARKLE!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to morfic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Enjoy it for what it is.. It is as f2p as you want it to be. Sure things need to be changed with the instancing.. And maybe the energy consumption and return rates.. But definitely not the game for everyone..

I'll be CTFing or leveling up in PL while my energy fills back up.

Thanks STS for a new game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

this is meant to be more casual than SL, im cool with that dont really see it though,
    if ur watering down an mmo, and expect it to appeal to all kinds of audience, then thats not gonna work because only those who have struggled in a real mmo will appreciate the ease of it, for the causual players, this is where they start so its all still uphill
    a lot of time you seem to be doing nothing, the cutscenes arent so gripping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post
    Ahh, but what if they released a new Final Fantasy game... but based on energy! You only got to play 10 minutes before you had to just sit in town for an hour or so. And you had to pay $5 for each additional members to be on your team! Then you would have some outraged FF players!

That was an extreme example I know, as FF games were never based on a cash shop. But the point I was making, is that the Final Fantasy series do all have a similar core style/mechanics. You kind of know what to expect out of the gameplay.

Same with this. People knew what to expect from "Legends" games. Or thought they did.

And there are many people (myself included), that do not really care about the energy. It's annoying, we all agree on that (pretty much), but you can get used to it, and has -some- positive things to it. But to raise the plat prices on every single thing.. AND cut out the good plat deals, is crazy.

8 plat to respec skills
    5 plat for 25 experience
    600 plat for 225,000 gold (there is a vanity chest for 150,000, pants for 150,000, and mask for 100,000. So for 600 plat you can buy one vanity chest and have some chump change leftover).

and $50 to buy 500 plat. Soooo. For $50 you can only afford the 100,000 gold option... not even enough to buy 1 of those expensive vanities/legs. Crazy stuff I tell ya!

Back to game. ;p
    Yap... Ty morfi
    Popout

GL everyone!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardon View Post
    We expected it to be different in a good way. This is different in a bad way. Mainly energy, plat, and the litlle social aspect there is.

Sent from my CM9 powered Droid X
    You mean... "In my opinion its bad". I don't think the energy is that bad at all. I don't really care for the astronomical plat prices. I'm not going to drop $17 for an outfit in the game (which is what it will be when the limited time price of plat ends).

The social aspect, I don't mind it that much either. Then again, I'm not much of a social butterfly in game. It would be nice to host games to run with guildies for instance. But one thing I really dislike about PL and SL is the boot feature. That's just me personally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by morfic View Post

8 plat to respec skills
    5 plat for 25 experience

Back to game. ;p
    Well, I agree with you whole heartedly on the plat prices. They are a little bit out there. And I probably won't be buying it. We'll see how long the game is enjoyable enough to keep playing without it.