Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why make an mmo where you really can't party with friends and guild?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I expected it to be part of the series. I immediately bought plat worth 10 bucks and went for the premium pack and so froth.

I facepalmed fairly hard when it dawned on my that I've been misled. Yes, misled, after all the hype about this game here in the forums and in game SL/PL, you would think that it would be fair to mention this energy feature beforehand. It's not a novel idea and warps the entire game into something that I (and evidently many others) find unacceptable.

I didn't check the game far enough before I went for the plat, so I take it as my bad, but I do feel cheated. I'm just gonna uninstal this with the plat unspent aside from the premium pack you lured me with.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Yeah, the funny thing is that all the videos and ALL the hype had zero indication of any of the facebook mechanics. The reason why people are disappointed is because we expected a PL/SL type game based on all the STS generated hype.

Woulda been funny for them to put out a video. "DL is coming! Get ready to click on 3 missions and wait 15 minutes for the timer to run out, and then log off for 2 hours so the energy can refill before you come back to play more!"
    Kiitz - Int/Dex Bear (66) || Kiitx - Dex Bird (66) || Kiitzx - Int/Dex Mage (66)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well, I'll say this much... with all the great things that STS does as far as responding to the community and absorbing suggestions, they are pretty lacking on the PR side when it comes to divulging details on major changes to come. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is necessarily bad on their part. But what we see happening over and over is that people make a lot of assumptions about how things will be and are very disappointed when it isn't that way.

Now I think the problem is... in some aspects STS provides some very clear detail. Like for instance, a lot of the gameplay previews, building hype, showing skills, etc. Then at other times very major details are left out. For example, the Christmas content for PL, removal of certain plat packs, increases in platinum pricing, just to name a few.

I think that if STS was either very guarded or very forthcoming with detail, it would solve a lot of issue.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Probably best if I don't get involved in this thread but I couldn't resist.

Sounds like, almost everyone is concerned about energy. I myself am not pleased with the energy but it's something you get used to. I agree with many of you that they could have made the game a bit more social but I also agree that it's a bit to early to be judging the game. I mean it came out on Wednesday, the earth wasn't made in a day. (If your religious, if not that's a story for another day...)

My suggestion, we hold off on the criticism for awhile and come back to it in a month maybe? That way we can see what STS really has in store for Dark Legends. I bet they have a lot of plans and stuff in the works but we have to give them time to do it.

Like I said, didn't mean to comment but I couldn't help myself. Like drinking blood from one of the bosses... I didn't just say that out loud. 0_o

Your vampire slaying/Turkey slaughtering game addict,
    -Shao

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

i'm sure the intent of them making the game like this was to make it different. because people have been complaining about being bored with Pocket Legends and Star Legends. Why make a third game exactly the same? Minus having different characters and such. I'll admit I was a tad bit disappointed when I first started playing. But, the more I thought about it... The conclusion I came to made much more sense. If they keep making games the same way, then people will get tired of their stuff and they won't advance as a gaming franchise. Every gaming franchise switches it up a bit when they make their games.

Also, as people said.. they just released it. Give them time to hear people's complaints and etc. They'll fine tune some things we have bad feelings about. haha

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

It's not too early to say that the current energy implementation is not to our liking for some of us and that it certainly came out of the blue.

Think about those who paid plat to reserve a name, where they expecting a zynga experience? How about those who paid the name reservation for their alts, too, only to find a fee of 50 plat per alt starting from the very second one.

Criticism must be directed at the current implementation, not some imaginary end result. People made that comment (i.e. give them time, they'll fix it) a lot when GCD was introduced to PL. Guess what, it's still there and I still can't play it. And that happened to a game I had paid money for and in spite of the outcry.

From my perspective STS actually has a somewhat poor track record of listening to their player base. Past year we've seen far more changes from their business division rather than "Suggestions and Feedback" sections here in the forums. At least that is how I've experienced it, your mileage may vary. This energy nonsense is a prime example of it.
    Last edited by Hullukko; 04-13-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    SoiledPants 41 eng, NoPants 41 op, PoofyPants 41 com, Hullukko (retired) 56 mage, NoPanties 21 vampire