Thread: Best experience for the energy spent.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I'd just like to mention that later on in the Red Light District, you can get a whopping 43 exp for 8 energy in 'Visit New Fang Club', very efficient when you're reaching level 17+ and it's taking 1k exp. to level up.

Also, never let yourself level up with any energy left, sink it into short-bakes and collect after levelling (preferably with some energy used, so any bonus energy from the completions isn't wasted).

Don't mean to crash your thread, just thought i'd offer a few tips
    Apocryphian- Lvl 21

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zel For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zel View Post
    Also, never let yourself level up with any energy left, sink it into short-bakes and collect after levelling (preferably with some energy used, so any bonus energy from the completions isn't wasted).
    The fact that leveling refreshes your energy to full is an important point worth adding to the early part of this guide. I had to learn it the hard way and I'm sure most did as well. This has already been said, but if you are about to level get as close as you can without actually leveling, then spend all your remaining energy on the best XP/energy bakes you have available. When you have no energy left, collect the finished level that puts you over the top and bam, back to full energy. Then, spend your new energy before collecting other finished bakes in case you get an energy bonus from one of them. I learned this the hard way too (notice a theme?)

Overall, great guide!

----------------------------------------

Edit: I remembered the other thing I wanted to add...

I haven't had a chance to work through the math but i believe the optimal order to do different length bakes vs immediate gratification levels is going to vary by individual by day, and possibly even throughout the day, because on any given day one may only be able to log in at certain intervals. For me, these intervals change based on when I have work meetings, breaks, etc so Monday may be a busy day and Tuesday not so much. Each person would need to analyze this based on their own schedule. I doubt I'll have time to work up a model any time soon but here is a basic example:

Day 1
    1. Log in first thing in the morning and set long bakes, then get ready and go to work while energy regens.
    2. Right before walking into work, set medium bakes.
    3. Lunch break, set short bakes.
    4. End of work day, reset medium bakes then commute home.
    5. When home, reset short bakes.

Day 2
    1. Log in first thing in the morning and set long bakes, then get ready and go to work while energy regens.
    2. Right before walking into work, set short bakes because I know I can take an early break. This is bonus XP relative to day 1.
    3. Morning coffee break, set medium bakes.
    4. Lunch break, set short bakes again and follow rest of day 1 pattern.

In other words the ratio of XP/energy matters but the rate of XP over time will be affected by how often one can log in relative to energy regen, and the optimal pattern can change based on what is already baking and when one can next log in. Comments?
    Last edited by Teddyache; 04-18-2012 at 10:35 PM.
    Infinite Union Officer:
    Firoth, engineer. Firothi, operative. Firothon, commando.