Dark Legends Thoughts:

I wanted to write up my Dark Legends thoughts, but really I don't feel like spending the time writing out a super long post with each point written completely out, so I am just going to throw out bullet points with the general thoughts. I think there are A LOT of people that feel the same way, so this is pretty just a reiteration for my peace of mind.

About me- I play PL a lot and I've purchased over 10,000 plat easily and I still have thousands of plat on my account, therefore I am NOT against spending money for a good game when it makes sense.

- When everything can be purchased, there is no achievement

- The whole idea for DL is get you addicted, then charge!

- It makes sense for me to quit the game, since I REFUSE to spend money on DL in its current incarnation
- The problem is PL is SO DRY now that we've had the same content forever
- I am so bored of PL that I'll get on DL just to mix things up
- THEN I run into a 9 - 24 hour timer and since I want to keep going, I am enticed to buy plat
- But, I refuse since it feels so underhanded, become frustrated and then come on to the forums to rant (yeah, my bad)

- There are those people who LOVE DL
- They probably like facebook style games and aren't into the grind
- OR they said screw it and took the platinum plunge
- The amount of money (even a hundred+ dollars is not a lot, but I want to feel like I am giving it willingly instead of being duped out of it)

- When SL or PL expansions come out, DL will see a mass hiatus until players are SUPER bored again with the content.
- STS goal: Have everyone who will buy plat in DL do it. Once they money is spent, its spent. It doesn't matter how much they spend of it until they need more. You will most likely have left over in the game. THEN STS will release content and entice you to go back to PL or SL to play.
- More than likely its going to be: Get people to buy plat for DL, maybe some updates for other games, put out a NEW and ever MORE exciting game that requires more plat purchase. Oh yeah, no plat between games, so you gotta buy more!

- AGAIN, When everything can be purchased, there is no achievement

- STS needs to make more money, but this is not the way
- Many players will feel cheated/duped

- Pay to play Games should not be able to take you 100% of the way (like buying XP). They should be assistance only
- Example:
- Acceptable: In a class, pay $100 for organized notes on everything that has been covered in class. Gives you an advantage because you can easily read through everything and makes study time shorter. You will still need to study and learn everything. You are just trading money for a shortened study time.

- Unacceptable: Pay $1000 to get an automatic A in the class. No need to study, No need to learn anything, or even take the test.