Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Consignment Shoppe- The Ultimate Guide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    lol xD

could u specify which part you were unclear on, i may have missed it, i have a habbit of skimming
    What do you mean by "unclear", I just stated this thread can't be junk (as stated by too many before me) by stating it helped me by realizing something that was very important.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Have you not seen improvement in his guides? You can't tell me you haven't. And so what if his guide isn't very good (in your eyes) it won't harm anyone? Will it? If it took you 10 minutes, this will save someone else time, because it took me 2 minutes to read. And you must admit you didn't state any constructive criticism. Will it hurt to repeat yourself? And if you don't feel lie repeating yourself, why not PM him your suggestions professionally. And if that might not work for you either, why not block or just ignore his threads?

On the other hand, sorry for ruining your thread with flames Skeleton. Someone will see the posts and delete the eventually...
    Sorry for my delayed response, Minecraft has kept me busy. It's a nice getaway from the forums.

Want me to be brutally honest? No, i have seen no improvement whatsoever other than headings and small organizational issues being fixed. No i don't think this guide will hurt anyone, nor do i think it will help anyone. The CS is one of the most basic things to learn in the game and, i'm sorry, but what newbies do you see even hearing about the forums, much less joining them, before they get to balefort and find the auction? The constructive criticism you don't see is in previous guides of his, the ingame chat logs, and in his PM box from wayyyy before he even started making his "guides." Of course it won't hurt to repeat myself, however i have tried before and my advice has been completely disregarded on numerous occasions, same reason why i don't PM him again. But of course ignoring would be the best option, sadly the ignore function doesn't work on the mobile app, which is what i use to view the forum usually. I do try to ignore them on the app but i keep getting attracted to his threads in hopes of some sort of improvement which, sadly, has yet to come.

There you have it. Report it for trolling or whatever if you want. If it gets deleted then so be it, just supports the fact that honest opinions conflicting with OP's aren't allowed on these forums.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Wow Lowly,

I never knew that you don't even like reading my posts and that you want to "ignore" me. Why you want to ignore me after all the effort i put into making guides and making the community.

That post made me feel really upset with what I have become. You didn't want that to happen did you?

Lowly, I want you to at least say something positive, everything I do is negative in your eyes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    427 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    Wow Lowly,

I never knew that you don't even like reading my posts and that you want to "ignore" me. Why you want to ignore me after all the effort i put into making guides and making the community.

That post made me feel really upset with what I have become. You didn't want that to happen did you?

Lowly, I want you to at least say something positive, everything I do is negative in your eyes
    PM sent.

"Annie are you okay? Are you okay? Are you okay Annie?" - The King of Pop, Michael Jackson
    Down With the Rep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

To be honest, it is annoying how at the end of every few posts you just say "Wow, thanks for the advice! I'll upload moar pics. Is that ok?" No flaming intended.
    Last edited by RaptorBlitz; 04-17-2012 at 04:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletonlord View Post
    Wow Lowly,

What have you "become"?

-------AEO-------

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NECROREAPER For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Lol I get annoyed as much as any of you guys, but you're being a bit harsh on the poor kid. Let's remember he's still pretty young, so ease up a bit. I'm just not saying a thing on anymore of these posts so feelings don't get hurt.

Silence says a lot.

@SL, you can't make everyone like you, believe it or not. You can't get emotional over one person. A handful of people don't like me on here, but I don't lose sleep over it. There are a lot of people here that I'm not fond of, but I'm sure that they don't lose sleep over it either.
    Last edited by RedRyder; 04-17-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coltonn:621988
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyseon View Post
    lol xD

could u specify which part you were unclear on, i may have missed it, i have a habbit of skimming
    What do you mean by "unclear", I just stated this thread can't be junk (as stated by too many before me) by stating it helped me by realizing something that was very important.
    Im asking what that something was, you said it cleared you up on some subject i was wondering what it was, cuz i may have missed it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    What have you "become"?
    Hayabusaz the second

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sky../ For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post
    Hayabusaz the second
    Lol I'm sorry but I just died

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

For those of you who aren't aware....

Skel is a very keen and enthusiastic player who just wants to helps. The problem is that despite all the enthusiasm, many of his posts in the past have been infactual, brief, and although called guides have been little more than a paragraph or two of obvious content.

Many many players have, and continue to, support Skel to improve his content and 'step up' to being the helpful player he is trying to be. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, this has fallen short of some people's expectations.

Personally, I think this guide needs much more content and detail. Location, screenies, some examples, some tips and tricks of using CS and even some more detailed listing/searching examples. There are many guides on the forums which can be looked at as great guides, and generally they are well written, well layed out and contain a lot of info.

That being said, it doesn't excuse the negative comments from some senior members, no matter how frustrating repeated poor posting appears.

Skel, take the constructive feedback you've been given and use it to improve your guide, include as much detail as you can and include images to support the knowledge your trying to impart. But also be aware of the difference between a really helpful detailed guide and a few paragraphs of your thoughts on CS.

You can do it buddy.
    Use the SEARCH function or it'll probably be here--> PL stuff or SL stuff >>> I'm 'SRINGY 2' .
    ** Elf/Redbridge - Ursan/Scorpionious - Avian/Bolticus ** Eng/Redbridge - Op/Yoda **
    I am responisble for what I say. I am not responsible for what you understand

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Redbridge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    327 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge View Post

Skel is a very keen and enthusiastic player who just wants to helps. The problem is that despite all the enthusiasm, many of his posts in the past have been infactual, brief, and although called guides have been little more than a paragraph or two of obvious content.

Many many players have, and continue to, support Skel to improve his content and 'step up' to being the helpful player he is trying to be. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, this has fallen short of some people's expectations.

Personally, I think this guide needs much more content and detail. Location, screenies, some examples, some tips and tricks of using CS and even some more detailed listing/searching examples. There are many guides on the forums which can be looked at as great guides, and generally they are well written, well layed out and contain a lot of info.

That being said, it doesn't excuse the negative comments from some senior members, no matter how frustrating repeated poor posting appears.

Skel, take the constructive feedback you've been given and use it to improve your guide, include as much detail as you can and include images to support the knowledge your trying to impart. But also be aware of the difference between a really helpful detailed guide and a few paragraphs of your thoughts on CS.

You can do it buddy.
    I will, I will be adding screenies hopefully tomorrow, and more detail

Thanks for your feedback red!

I can't please everyone, but I try my best

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder:622512
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky../ View Post
    Hayabusaz the second
    Lol I'm sorry but I just died
    Im sorry
    When the viewing?

Quote Originally Posted by Redbridge:622524

You can do it buddy.
    I admit it was a bit harsh, my feed back just is, to put as nicely as i can, sometimes parts of the games dont always need a guide, and the forum should be more that a compilation of guides covering every aspect of gameplay, even if you really want to help, sometimes its better to wait for a question to pop up before you provide the answer, you have to realize when the majority join the forums, they already have played the game long enough to get atleast a basic view of the game. Your guide could help new players, but this is not the ideal place for targetting that audience
    Last edited by Elyseon; 04-17-2012 at 03:52 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Elyseon For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    Skeleton, haters gonna hate. They aren't providing much constrictive criticism, which is why they aren't a great audience.

Here are my suggestions:

-Add some screenies. If you can't, I can make some.
    -Bold and Italicize key points
    -Elaborate a bit more. For example: Directions, picture of the map., possibly a video?

To be honest, CS isn't obvious. Up until about level 46, I never used cs. I was a spammer trying to sell items because I was convinced CS was too hard or annoying to operate if you catch my drift.

Other than that, great guide bro. Keep it up, and let the flames feed themselves so they can realize that it was a bit rude...

Wounded, we live in a day and age where kids can't accept criticism because their parents flood them with compliments and praises. I think Skele should be able to accept this criticism and maybe we'll see a great guide from him one day.

I myself am not the best guide writer, so this criticism may not be that valid, but I think I speak for most of the community in saying this.

-First off, addressing Wounded and Skeleton, the CS DOES NOT take awhile to learn, any one who is able to read and has a fifth grade education in economics can easily figure it out. From my own experience, the CS took about 1-5 minutes to learn.

-Regarding Skeleton, here's my opinion on your guide. I've read through twice now and if you think that what I'm saying is invalid I'll type this again, but Every single "chapter" seemed to be Pointing Out The Obvious. Lets use an example,

if you have the required amount, when you go to purchase the item, it will allow you to buy the item

Hmm... -_-

You go on describing the process of buying and selling items in the shop which IMO is pretty straight forward to anyone with a fifth grade education.

-Skeleton, I suggest that work on some guides that revolve around more "hard core" parts of the game (ex. Boss Battle mechanis).

Oh, and by the way, in no way do I hate SkeletonLord, hating people is a bad way to live life. His ways just sometimes get on my nerves .

Have a good day!
    -Silent
    Last edited by Silentarrow; 04-18-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

So much arguing! Give skeleton some credit for his guide, Some of these comments seemed like off-topic.
    and if people are saying "wow" sarcasticly then good 4 u, This guide was meant to help.... NEW players, not all you experienced players. Thats what guides are for, there is nothing wrong at making guides for NEW and EXPERIENCED PLAYERS. Of course some players dont know how to use CS and sell a item of the wrong price.

There i said it!...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RedRyder View Post
    Lol I get annoyed as much as any of you guys, but you're being a bit harsh on the poor kid. Let's remember he's still pretty young, so ease up a bit. I'm just not saying a thing on anymore of these posts so feelings don't get
    Like I said above, kids need critisicm these days, parents are too easy! I like you Red, but I'm going to have to disagree! I think if Skeleton is getting really upset from all these commets then e needs some more self confidence.
    Last edited by Silentarrow; 04-18-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    Like I said above, kids need critisicm these days, parents are too easy! I like you Red, but I'm going to have to disagree!
    The other fact is that if kids get critisicm then it will put pressure on them and will one day become Violent, I have heard many people do suicide because of bullying,critisicm and many other things. Kids are easliy follow and look up to people they think is important to them or is popular

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    378 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swords:623860
    This guide was meant to help.... NEW players, not all you experienced players. Thats what guides are for, there is nothing wrong at making guides for NEW and EXPERIENCED PLAYERS.
    This is the wrong place to address that audience, its like going before your varsity soccer team and explaining the basics of how to kick the ball to someone

Quote Originally Posted by Swords:623871
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentarrow View Post
    Like I said above, kids need critisicm these days, parents are too easy! I like you Red, but I'm going to have to disagree!
    The other fact is that if kids get critisicm then it will put pressure on them and will one day become Violent, I have heard many people do suicide because of bullying,critisicm and many other things. Kids are easliy follow and look up to people they think is important to them or is popular
    Lol thats whats wrong with todays society, u become what u make of urself, ur surroundings dont make you, your responses do
    Last edited by Elyseon; 04-18-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swords View Post

Kids need to grow up on criticism which is the parents and medias fault. I'm still a "kid" and I get about 10-20 sentences of criticism daily, I don't care what they say though, why? Because I've learned to take people's opinions who'm I don't respect with less than a grain of salt. If a person who'm I do respect throws a criticism at me I learn to Improve myself. If a person who'm I respect becomes a "hater" of me, I learn to not respect them.

(When typing this I invisioned myself walking into the lunchroom with everyone booing at me and I just stood there smiling and cheering them on )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

Off topic thread is off topic. Ib4l!

Skel, if you still have it in you, request for this thread to get locked. Take days to prepare a guide, collecting as much information as possible for you, write your ideas out, make some type of format, use Microsoft excel, outlook, or anything else to make your guide look crisp and clean. If you don't know how to, find a guide online.

Look at it as writing a school paper. The more hard work done and in the most concise fashion possible as to not bore anyone, the better you target your audience, the more personality your guide has, the higher the grade.

After all of that, start over in a new thread. Try to get some peer revision done from another forum member (not me lol) to get another take on it and so they can pick up on mistakes that you might have missed. Get it revised twice by two different people minimum, but the more the better. Then post your new gem of a guide.

If your legit cause for making a guide is to help, then follow those steps and youll be A-OK
    Last edited by RedRyder; 04-18-2012 at 07:45 PM.