Thread: Advice, please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Advice, please.

I'm looking to start playing Star Legends, I used to be a big fan of Pocket Legends and got the level cap when it was 55. Although I haven't played in about a year due to console/computer gaming.

I just recently bought my tablet and started playing Dark Legends, although with the energy system, I need something to keep me entertain while waiting for it to replenish.

I played as an Enchantress on Pocket Legends, I was pure strength. I'm not a big fan of dying and I didn't want to play as a Bear.

Would an Operative be the same as an Enchantress? Can they wield shields? Can I put most of my points on Strength and be effective?

Also, I'm considering buying platinum. How much platinum would I need to purchase to reach level 40 if I started using the 2x experience (30 min.) starting at level 1? I know there's not a specific number but as estimate would be nice.

Thanks,
    Tacos and Drums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Default Advice, please.

Operatives would be considered as the DEX group, Engineer is more like the Enchantress group!!

PL: Faoeskekie L76 Enchantress(0.5k/300k), Faouskekie L71 Bird, Faoiskekie L45 Bear, Tvrtle L50 Fox, Rhinasaurus L38 Rhino

SL: Bizilia L45 Engineer, DL: Faoeskekie L36 Vampire, AL: Faoeskekie L20 Mage

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fao For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Default Advice, please.

Operatives are really the DPS class in SL. For effective use of STR I'd go commando. (REALLY fun class) Commandos are durable and deal nice damage! Any class in SL has the ability to use a shield. As for platinum, I have no clue sorry!
    Edit:semi ninja'd lol
    Hey!
    Check out------->Soloing Guide
    In the works! 2K15

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Swampy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by faoeskekie View Post
    Operatives would be considered as the DEX group, Engineer is more like the Enchantress group!!
    Thanks for that, I wasn't too sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hope you join the galaxy soon ;-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

No clue on. Commando is Bear Engineer is Enchantress Operative is Bird.
    Op. is fun for kiting and low armor. I would go with the commando because you can't do 2 in this game just 1, no hybrid. Enchantress is healing revving ect.
    Elysony 66 Mage.
    Elysony 19 Vampire

DOWN WITH THE REP!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elysony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swampy:620850
    Operatives are really the DPS class in SL. For effective use of STR I'd go commando. (REALLY fun class) Commandos are durable and deal nice damage! Any class in SL has the ability to use a shield. As for platinum, I have no clue sorry!
    Edit:semi ninja'd lol
    no. PLEASE don't go commando!!!
    Kaytar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Though commando is the bear of sl, I'd say it is not exactly the same. Commandos are pretty awesome end game and look good in the lvl 40 armor. My friend used the 4x combo elixir and used a lot of play and using 2x elixir will be a lot more cost effective. So let's say 1-40 is like 40-41 it took me about 500 plat with 2x elixir so I'd say around 300-700 plat but im no expert on plat plus a good build with a com and you will beat everyass in pvp same said about op but not many can be like Auronn( most pvp kills, beats op)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Lavalamp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lavalamp View Post
    Though commando is the bear of sl, I'd say it is not exactly the same. Commandos are pretty awesome end game and look good in the lvl 40 armor. My friend used the 4x combo elixir and used a lot of play and using 2x elixir will be a lot more cost effective. So let's say 1-40 is like 40-41 it took me about 500 plat with 2x elixir so I'd say around 300-700 plat but im no expert on plat plus a good build with a com and you will beat everyass in pvp same said about op but not many can be like Auronn( most pvp kills, beats op)
    Well I'll probably end up buying the 800 platinum package so hopefully that's enough.

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Also if I'm not mistaken the PL and SL classes don't quite correspond. A bit more info you might be interested in:
    - Commando: high damage, low dps, AOE, tanker, heavy armor
    - Engineer: medium damage, medium dps, blend of AOE and single target, only class that affects own team [heals/buffs], medium armor
    - Operative: low damage [technically, but high speed], KILLER dps, single target only, ninja-type [XD], low armor -- most commonly used for no-death characters

Oh, and get 2000 plat if you can 'cause... you never know.

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Go Engineer, it's the easiest class to level and you will literally never die (if you play correctly). Put your points in int. Also, use a shield/pistol combo. You will need around 300 plat to reach level 40, then another 300-400 to reach 41. 800 will be enough. As for skill setup, there are lot's of guides, but make sure you max Leech, Empathy, Transference and a couple points in Force shield (for energy regen), the rest of your points can go into the various attack skills (I use Wither (max), Decay (max), and Pain). Be sure to put one point in revive and use it routinely, it has a hidden mana regen and damage buff). Don't really need suppression, protection, or sonic boom. Have Fun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

be advised that stims and elixirs are TWICE as cheap in guild halls Tier3, so ask about that when joinin a

best luck
    click my sig to join

Got a SCAMMER to REPORT? DO it HERE!

Jumping through those holes in time and space
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by krazii View Post
    Go Engineer, it's the easiest class to level and you will literally never die (if you play correctly). Put your points in int. Also, use a shield/pistol combo. You will need around 300 plat to reach level 40, then another 300-400 to reach 41. 800 will be enough. As for skill setup, there are lot's of guides, but make sure you max Leech, Empathy, Transference and a couple points in Force shield (for energy regen), the rest of your points can go into the various attack skills (I use Wither (max), Decay (max), and Pain). Be sure to put one point in revive and use it routinely, it has a hidden mana regen and damage buff). Don't really need suppression, protection, or sonic boom. Have Fun!
    Well I also advise some points in STR for more armor and health. Oh, and mana stims are your best friend. XD

Let me explain the lateness of signatures with a page of my homework.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PianoWizzy View Post
    Well I also advise some points in STR for more armor and health. Oh, and mana stims are your best friend. XD
    Putting points in anything other then int is a waste. As an eng you basically have unlimited health and don't need the armor, although you do have a skill to add armor if you want it. Go pure int, it makes your skills more powerful. I can't recall the last time I ever used a stim, health or mana, as an engineer. If you play right and are judicious and careful when you use your skills you won't ever need a single stim.