Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The Thread o' the Future: By the Legends Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SirDarkened View Post
    Archers can heal themselves, their health AND mana. So you'd just use your self heal skill...
    their heal skill is not a miracle cure you know. Its healing over time, and secondly it has cool down. So its not useful when faced with a boss which hits you for more then it can heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would love to see enchantresses take a more active role in healing, but I believe this should be done by buffing their healing capabilities and buffs, rather then nerfing potions. Skills like AoE Restore or stuff like that. Enchantresses should be a bonus to the party, not a necessity.
    That is what we said earlier; nerfing potions and not buffing the healing abilities of the Enchantress class would not work.

I did play my fair share of random games before joining Legends, just to let you guys know so you can stop spamming at me with the "you are organised and have never played a random game before" argument XD
    Goregrind - Warrior - Alterra
    Venom Guild
    http://venom.forumn.net/index.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurs View Post
    That is what we said earlier; nerfing potions and not buffing the healing abilities of the Enchantress class would not work.

I did play my fair share of random games before joining Legends, just to let you guys know so you can stop spamming at me with the "you are organised and have never played a random game before" argument XD

Well, its because alot of the solution thrown back is "join a guild, find organised parties" etc, which is hard to do in random games.

Anyway all this talk about buffing Enchantresses has made me think awry. I mean, yeah she is kinda flat in that department...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every job that's not the Archer is garbage.

They basically have to fix the others jobs to be on par with the Archer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Every job that's not the Archer is garbage.

They basically have to fix the others jobs to be on par with the Archer.
    I disagree. The enchantress can be pretty powerfull if it's set up right. But the warrior is pretty bad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by jbrulz View Post
    I disagree. The enchantress can be pretty powerfull if it's set up right. But the warrior is pretty bad
    Yes but unfortunately, the best Enchantress set up is full dex build and using a bow and leather armor...

Found these last to posts amusing for that reason.

Quite frankly, the entire gear and armor set up seems to be flawed. There is very little difference in armor between cloth, leather and chain, and no class restrictions, just stat restrictions. We are seeing more and more Enchantress bow users, bear dagger and bow users, and archer 2h users. I even saw a bear using a wand. Seems to be getting a little out of hand.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Yes but unfortunately, the best Enchantress set up is full dex build and using a bow and leather armor...

Found these last to posts amusing for that reason.

Quite frankly, the entire gear and armor set up seems to be flawed. There is very little difference in armor between cloth, leather and chain, and no class restrictions, just stat restrictions. We are seeing more and more Enchantress bow users, bear dagger and bow users, and archer 2h users. I even saw a bear using a wand. Seems to be getting a little out of hand.
    This is mainly due to the fact str and int are not doing enough for their classes. See first post for more elaboration =x
    So people rather go dex for the hit%, and crit, and dodge. hp and mp are easily satisfied by spamming potions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Splurd View Post
    This is mainly due to the fact str and int are not doing enough for their classes. See first post for more elaboration =x
    So people rather go dex for the hit%, and crit, and dodge. hp and mp are easily satisfied by spamming potions.
    I co-wrote and posted the first post.
    Last edited by Azrael; 04-19-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I co-wrote and posted the first post.

Yes I know, I found it a huge irony that I'm telling the TS to refer to their own post, hence the =x

I guess I'm trying to say is we are going around in circles here, I think everyone would be in agreement that dex is the pwn, and str int is teh fail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks for making the warrior skill changes devs, keep up thebnew posts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The stats part is nicely written. I second that. I wrote about the magic shield being too short lasting (12 seconds only). I am starting to think of respec'ing to dex build for bows...
    Felora - Level 30 Enchantress
    Preda - Level 28 Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Unfortunately it seems that a good amount of Enchantresses are making that very same decision
    Venom Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Unfortunately it seems that a good amount of Enchantresses are making that very same decision
    The author of the thread has a good point. Int does not improve our damage or healing that much. M/s is easily fixed by potions (you don't die running out of mana). That's why they have to make mana and INT more meaningful to enchantresses.

I like to help out the party by buffing, healing and damaging as well. But we die quite quickly if we are to get the aggro. That's why I suggested a longer lasting Mana Shield. This way the non dex/str focused enchantress would last longer with her larger mana pool at least.

Otherwise I would respec and grab my pink bow and leather armor. I can still and have over that 300 MP at level 30... without a point in INT...
    Felora - Level 30 Enchantress
    Preda - Level 28 Archer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wanted to post here ( and i'm glad the last post was by Felora) that i was either wrong about intelligence giving stat bonuses to hit and crit, or a change has been made as of the last patch.
    Either way i'll try to update or rewrite a few of my posts to more accurately reflect the amazing information that Flora provided on this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/newr...ostreply&t=645
    You rock Fel!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I wanted to post here ( and i'm glad the last post was by Felora) that i was either wrong about intelligence giving stat bonuses to hit and crit, or a change has been made as of the last patch.
    Either way i'll try to update or rewrite a few of my posts to more accurately reflect the amazing information that Flora provided on this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/newr...ostreply&t=645
    You rock Fel!
    ummm... the link is not working
    http://i884.photobucket.com/albums/ac50/EliteFlamin/atomicenergy-2.jpgHonored Master of The Crusaders of Legend PLoading --- Warrior --- Level 21 EliteFlamin --- Archer --- Level 47

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Why is pot spamming bad? Are half of you suffering terets and all you can think of is people spamming pots? Are you bipolar? Are you psycho and like to see people die? I can't fathom why this is such a friggin issue to require 8 pages of BS!!!! in the event that this does become a legitamite issue, an easy fix is to mass tweak heal, increase mana and mana regen by a load, and up the general damage of all classes. Then make the bosses five times the health they have now and increase their drop rate and bam, no more people freaking out because some desperate player's health keeps going up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zithorio View Post
    Why is pot spamming bad? Are half of you suffering terets and all you can think of is people spamming pots? Are you bipolar? Are you psycho and like to see people die? I can't fathom why this is such a friggin issue to require 8 pages of BS!!!! in the event that this does become a legitamite issue, an easy fix is to mass tweak heal, increase mana and mana regen by a load, and up the general damage of all classes. Then make the bosses five times the health they have now and increase their drop rate and bam, no more people freaking out because some desperate player's health keeps going up!
    You completely missed the whole point. This game is ALL ABOUT potion spamming. If you don't do it you die, and that shouldn't be the way it is played. I feel I use more potions then attacks sometimes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You completely missed the whole point. This game is ALL ABOUT potion spamming. If you don't do it you die, and that shouldn't be the way it is played. I feel I use more potions then attacks sometimes.
    I don't die not spamming potions... And when I start really spamming them, I'm getting pulled(teleported) back by either monsters or the bosses. Thus causing me to die usually even if I'm spamming pots. And I don't see how this game is based on pots per say, if you suck and want to go thru really fast, it's gonna happen! Even tripling health gain with stats and general hp points would probably fix this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zithorio View Post
    Was that a real post? ><;
    Venom Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was that a real post? ><;
    Ya, I mean seriously though, there are way more pressing issues and IMO I really would hate having even a second long cooldown! It's not a big deal, if I were the devs I'd lose all hope if my players and fans were freaking out about someone using a health potion!!! GOD! Has nobody noticed that we are freaking out over the use of a potion! That's what it really boils down to... And of everybody wants a fix so bad, ask the devs for more hp per class! Maybe some damage tweakage. But don't call a lawyer because you used a potion!!!!!!! I can't stress this issue enough! I apologize if I seem agitated and miserable. Cause frankly, I AM, but these forums aren't for 5 year olds who don't want to spend their hard earned (hard earned at level 10 that is) money on a few hp pots. These forums aren't for hardcore gamers who feel like taking advantage of apple's choice to make everything updatable! Heck! They aren't even for the casual people who just want a little selfish change to make their life more enjoyable so they don't spazzzzz out at potion usage! These forums are for CREATIVE, ORIGINAL ideas to make the game better! NOT to freak out and not give ideas to do stuff about it!