Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thread o' the Future: By the Legends Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arjun View Post
    Sorry. I don't have the time for this. You have yourself a nice day now.
    You didn't find any unusual words in your dictionary anymore?
    Oh well, maybe you should try to figure out why your mate isn't able to equip items of his level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shebee. You are referring to my conversation with Splurd of course. Or the other account that you are prbbly posting from. Hmm. And here I was thinking that morning had broken in the west. Or did you just not sleep at all last night. Either way. Hope there isn't a third account is all. Like I said. All out of time.

Cool running's . . . .to all three of you. Peace be the journey. As it were.

This would be a linik to the thread you are referring to I suppose; would it not: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...ghlight=Splurd

It seems I did have some time to spare after all.
    Last edited by Arjun; 04-18-2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Added Link.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Alright people, calm yourselves, this is not a place to start a forum fight :P

On another note... as Az has already stated, we knew that people would not instantly fall in love with the idea of having potion spamming taken away. We know that some of you like to be the tank (*cough* Archers *cough*) but it really affects the game in a poor way. Some of you might be looking at just that one change, and arguing that there would be no way to survive without an Enchantress. This would not always be the case if some of the class stat changes were introduced.
    Goregrind - Warrior - Alterra
    Venom Guild
    http://venom.forumn.net/index.htm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hurs View Post
    Alright people, calm yourselves, this is not a place to start a forum fight :P

On another note... as Az has already stated, we knew that people would not instantly fall in love with the idea of having potion spamming taken away. We know that some of you like to be the tank (*cough* Archers *cough*) but it really affects the game in a poor way. Some of you might be looking at just that one change, and arguing that there would be no way to survive without an Enchantress. This would not always be the case if some of the class stat changes were introduced.
    Your right, I'll let him continue to wonder about the things in this world, and let him talk to himself.

Anyway, what's the point in potion spamming? Tell me one reason why its good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I honestly can't really give you a good reason XD
    Venom Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Potion spamming allows a chicken to solo the frost king. I solo'd the king and 4 minions as an archer at 27, and I spammed about 50 pots.
    It shouldn't be like that. I do not want to be able to do that.

Give a healer class more time to do its job. Give the healers better 'healz' - Increasing team relationships and social gameplay.

As of now, this game does not need healers. And that will be an instant turn off for the 25% of typical mmo players who like to heal.

Some people are worried that if a healer class is required then the game will lose its 'pick-up-and-play'-ness.
    So join a guild.
    We are about to hit 100 members, finding a guild is easy. Guilds in this game will not ask you to put 8 hours a day of gameplay in. Guilds in this game are designed so that you can randomly log on, search 'legends', and see at least 1 or two guild games in progress at any time.

This defeats the arguement that increases required teamwork will decrease pick up n play. It wont. Heck - even hitting quickplay normally places you in a party of 3 or more.
    If someone wants to be a loner they should play Zenonia 2. This is an online game, and it should feel like one.

The game is brilliant as it is, but it's potential is even greater.
    I wish the dev's all the best.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm fine with the pot restriction if the warrior healing skill is improved so that it actually helps during combat, ot just before and after.
    Theodor- level 23 ursan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yeah, either the Restore ability could be buffed or Strength gets changed to add more health which is what I am really hoping for.
    Venom Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, Please improve the warrior, currently there are 100000000 archers and 1000000 Enchanters and like 100 warriors. Make them tougher so they can tank without spamming potions. I mean I spend all my money on my warrior in potions and my archer who does more damage 6 lvls lower I almost never have to use them so I save a ton of cash. Oh or let me send my archers money to my Warrior so I can buy more Potions.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for keeping us informed. I'm brand new, but already feel a part of the community. I'm stuffing my kids in this world, as soon as I feel it's safe. Well done, Cheers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Thanks

We appreciate the positive feedback!
    NO MATTER WHAT, I AM PROUD TO HAVE OWNED THE FIRST EVER GUILD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shebee View Post
    Your right, I'll let him continue to wonder about the things in this world, and let him talk to himself.

Anyway, what's the point in potion spamming? Tell me one reason why its good.
    because my health potions are filled with the blood of my victims and it tastes oh so delicious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The blood of your victims is quite delicious, I agree
    Venom Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm no hardcore gamer, and I already have trouble getting anywhere with my Enchantress as is, at least if I'm not playing with a 3-4 others. A potion cooldown would probably mean I'd be dead all the time, especially when you're up against mobs that steal half or more of all your health at once, and you have to use 2-3 potions if not more just to not die. Your suggestion would more or less kill the game for me, at least playing as an Enchantress.

If you hardcore gamers are looking for more of a challenge, why not just use lesser armor and weapons to make things harder for you, instead of trying to enforce something like this which only makes the game impossible to play for those of us not as skilled.

For the record, I've never been in a game where I've noticed any other player "potion spamming" so I don't know where the source of this complaint is coming from.. and if this bothers you guys, and you feel like you have a trouble with it, why not just wait until you can kick off players from your games?
    Last edited by _ck; 04-18-2010 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Enchantress do need more heals and less aggro from the heal. But you cannot turn every enchantress into a healbot there still needs to be fire and ice throwing mages. Warriors do need a Lot more armor and hp to survive. As it stands right now my heals are pretty worthless in the list expedition.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

@Ck,

Please do not confuse our request for a "ZAMG WE ARE H4RDC0RE" one. This is NOT because we are looking for more of a challenge, but it is because the Enchantress, as a healer, is out of a role. Almost every Enchantress is being forced into a damage role because of the way that potions work at this time. The reason why you may not be experiencing potion spamming yet might be because of your stage in the game, or because the amount of sheer DPS is overriding the need for healing. Anyway, hope that cleared some things up for you.

Love,

Hurs

P.S: My armour looks too awesome, I couldn't downgrade even if I wanted to :P
    Venom Guild

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by _ck View Post

For the record, I've never been in a game where I've noticed any other player "potion spamming" so I don't know where the source of this complaint is coming from.. and if this bothers you guys, and you feel like you have a trouble with it, why not just wait until you can kick off players from your games?
    If you are a chanter how do you know if the warrior is popping potions or not, just because they dont complain does not mean they are not doing it. Plus if you look at their ideas for making this game grow you would realize the intent for this game. If they said this was it and they were not going to bring more things like guilds or other similar elements then I would not disagree with your argument. Seeing as how they want to improve and grow this game, I suggest you go play a different arcade game on your phone if you dislike the idea of roles and how they should be used.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by _ck View Post
    I'm no hardcore gamer, and I already have trouble getting anywhere with my Enchantress as is, at least if I'm not playing with a 3-4 others. A potion cooldown would probably mean I'd be dead all the time, especially when you're up against mobs that steal half or more of all your health at once, and you have to use 2-3 potions if not more just to not die. Your suggestion would more or less kill the game for me, at least playing as an Enchantress.
    If you hardcore gamers are looking for more of a challenge, why not just use lesser armor and weapons to make things harder for you, instead of trying to enforce something like this which only makes the game impossible to play for those of us not as skilled.
    If you have never seen potion spamming then you probably aren't looking at your parties health bars while fighting bosses, or when being attack by more than 4 mobs, or you haven't played past the first or second map pack. (Though with 116 posts on this forum, you seem pretty hardcore to me)
    This has nothing to do with kicking players from games or wearing trash items to make the game more challenging; it has to do with making the game better, and avoiding a pot spamming system that we have seen over and over in many other MMORPGs. We are not trying to "enforce something", in this case cooldowns for potions. We are suggesting it, and many higher level players would like to see this change. I wrote this on another thread, and i will repost it to you:
    I am very suprised that so many of you want to find a way to be able to spam thousands of potions by paying for them rather than wanting the game mechanics to be changed so that the game doesn't require spaming potions. Quite frankly the potion system is undermining the rpg tank and healer roles while simultaneously making the game somewhat dull at times. Potions should be on a 3 second cooldown, characters should have more health, and skills such as enchantress heal and warrior restore should play a more significant role in the game. This game needs to make it's money off of content and not thousands of potion purchases if it wants to continue to develop into the great rpg it has the potential to be.
    Simply put we are very aware that removing potion spamming for the game without making improvements to the character attribute and skill system would not work for most players. Changes to our characters would undo the need to for archers for example, to use up to 30 potions in a fight even when a Enchantress is present. This is about improve the game experience for all players, not about making the game more enjoyable for a select few players.

Edit: And if you are an enchantress, you should realize how little benefit intelligence brings to the class. Hurs said it right man, Enchantress not only has no role as a healer, but its better for an enchantress to have a full dex build and a bow. If you are having trouble dying while AoE bombing you may want to try mana shield.
    Last edited by Azrael; 04-18-2010 at 12:47 PM.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

About the potion thing.

I'm for a cooldown, preferably a long cooldown, I like teamplay, and I like a game with different roles.
    Whats the point if everyone is just stacking +damage items and spamming potions and soloing content easily?
    In my opinion, increase health pools, add a ~1min CD to the potions.
    Add more direct heals etc for enchantress', this way if you get hit by a boss, they have time to outheal it, and we don't rely on potions.
    And nothing is soloable!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Amen to that brother. Although saying that NOTHING should be solo-able might be a bit of a stretch.
    Venom Guild