Thread: downloading the android001.pak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default downloading the android001.pak

It stops mid-way. I was searching for manual updates so I can download it from my pc to my galaxy tab (if that were possible). So for no good, is there a fix for this or should I persevere with my unstable android connection?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

Just keep trying, I'm afraid. You might have to do a complete uninstall and re-install if it force closes. When it runs out of space you can generally clear up some old apps and it will work when you try again, but when it loses a connection I've always had to re-install.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Android phones come in a variety of forms and flavors. Here are the best smartphones running Google's innovative mobile platform. here is the list of top ten android phones and i think you can sort out your problem.
    http://gm.kochar.com/post/top-10-android-phones.aspx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

U might find that combinations of turning on and off apps, and settings , makes a part of the process behave differnetly, too. SOME ppl , go straight to advertising phones , as the solution for everything.

It isn't.

Try making sure , IF, u have a app called 'setup wizard' , or anything similar , that it simply ON, enabled , WHEN , u try the install.

Even if u think , I'm not using any wizard , or guide or anything, I'm doing it it manually...

I thought that , but they're not actually wizards, more like auto-install script compatability modules or script-request translation or comparer-re-writer modules , or something.

Gobblededuke ... basically, stuff in phones isn't what its called.

Some 'Wizards' aren't even programs , help apps can have a driver u need in their boot up, even tho u need to close them when one opens automatically , safe url checkers can need to be on later, when a parent turns one off but u can't turn it back on , and can't access any url, etc, etc, etc. Programmers are usually very slack thinkers ahead, or they just want to get the job done.

Not talking about just apps in phones neccessarily now ... just generally, ppl aren't good at labelling or naming things ... it gives u the wrong idea about what's what , or what u need sometimes.

Try turning things on that are less, less, likely to be something that should/could have anything to do w installations of apps, so in other words , if a setup wizard or downloads-list app, or virus-checker app is closed , its an easy one ... if off , definately could be needed ... but say , a music player app , compared to a say, a file manager.

A file manager doesn't seem like it SHOULD do anything to a automatic download or setup/install , but a music program , 'd be even less likely , so that's what I mean ... the obvious, like a virus program (that might need to be on to check installations) , is easy , but u might dismiss a file manager, because it seems ... inactive, passive, used BY us, rather than more automated.

A music program, is also a used-by us one, and has lots of settings , but, it isn't likely to conflict w a installation unless controls overlap or something ... but a file manager , might have self-installed some installation-process handling file-type-control crap (like file associations in PC), ...and then the OS doesn't know what to use , after it finds the 'new' handler of that file type is disabled, etc...

That's what I meant about, less, less likely. A file manager seems passive. Not the obvious stuff , but also not the rediculous. Even a music player could take control of file types ... that'd be both of them, sorry. Not the rediculous ... a calculator app , a whitescreen app for finding your keys with the light. Etc ... anything else , who knows , gnnnnnarrr...