Thread: Kite combo?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Default Kite combo?

Hey guys i know almost everyone hate it but i would like a good kiting combo
    For a lvl 60 mage with demonic xbow set ;-)

Thanks
    Daantjeh LVL 71 Bird | MageProdigy LVL 66 Mage | Prototypee LVL 65 Bear | Weapon Proc+Skill Combo's Guide | Guide When to use which emote! | All in one Guide for the Best PvE Ratio (Archer) |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Hmmm, i know a realy good mage thats lvl60 that used demonic xbow set. Its blitz, but his 60 is named boomblitz. He usually just uses fire storm once his auto from the xbow starts hitting his opponent. Then walk back, then kinda just come back and drain-fire-ice and they usually die.

Babybugszxx,Trust, Ebagovax, Pvpbugsz, Xxaeromagexx, Bugszmage, Xbabybugszx, Bestavian, Boombugsz, Swaggbearr

The Netherlands, posted 8 hours later than forum time.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbabybugszx View Post
    Hmmm, i know a realy good mage thats lvl60 that used demonic xbow set. Its blitz, but his 60 is named boomblitz. He usually just uses fire storm once his auto from the xbow starts hitting his opponent. Then walk back, then kinda just come back and drain-fire-ice and they usually die.
    I agree with this, just not the ice after the fire (you have to come a little closer then) if he used his mana shield, go back and do ice, fire, lightning. GL
    SebastiaaNL 67 mage, IlikePvP 66 bird, DutchTwinkk 56 bear, NoobzGtfo 44 bird, BoomFear 35 mage, moneymakerrr 11 merchant
    Proud member of Influence!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

When I kite (level 35, level 45, and level 55), I usually use fire-drain-ice.. But that's because I hate shielding. Lol. If I'm remembering right, you can't really do that anymore at 60.. but it's worth a try, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

wait.. are you iiglyphii? totally random :P

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

It's hard to put out a 'kiting' combo. You're best kite combo is drain fire. Adding in the ice can work on strength-based characters, but any others you only need a quick drain life and fire if you're build is primarily for damage.

If you're going to use drain fire, get just in 12 meters and fire directly after... never run at your opponent while casting these spells though. You want to run back and release your spells for players that try to run straight at you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke:622615
    When I kite (level 35, level 45, and level 55), I usually use fire-drain-ice.. But that's because I hate shielding. Lol. If I'm remembering right, you can't really do that anymore at 60.. but it's worth a try, right?
    Well, this is true zap. But the only problem with this combo, is that when you fire you push your opponent away, and when your realy trying to kite away. Your fire will push your opponent to far back and miss drain,.. its happend alot

Babybugszxx,Trust, Ebagovax, Pvpbugsz, Xxaeromagexx, Bugszmage, Xbabybugszx, Bestavian, Boombugsz, Swaggbearr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xbabybugszx View Post
    Well, this is true zap. But the only problem with this combo, is that when you fire you push your opponent away, and when your realy trying to kite away. Your fire will push your opponent to far back and miss drain,.. its happend alot
    It's never happened to me.. lol. But I use fire at about 10m.. so not really trying to always stay away. Which, again, is probably why it won't work in 60.

The Netherlands, posted 8 hours later than forum time.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    wait.. are you iiglyphii? totally random :P
    Yes he is.
    SebastiaaNL 67 mage, IlikePvP 66 bird, DutchTwinkk 56 bear, NoobzGtfo 44 bird, BoomFear 35 mage, moneymakerrr 11 merchant
    Proud member of Influence!

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    It's hard to put out a 'kiting' combo. You're best kite combo is drain fire. Adding in the ice can work on strength-based characters, but any others you only need a quick drain life and fire if you're build is primarily for damage.

If you're going to use drain fire, get just in 12 meters and fire directly after... never run at your opponent while casting these spells though. You want to run back and release your spells for players that try to run straight at you.
    this and you can whip out an frostbite right as you cast fire since the very slight delay from the cast of fire to hitting your opponent, allows your opponent to still be "in range" when you cast frostbite. So if you hit them with a fire at say, 11m away, there's still a split second where you can cast frostbite before they get knocked back by the firestorm and the frostbite projectile will travel the "extra distance." figured this out with my lvl 60 mage
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I used demo set for damage output and dps with kite, 2 auto + 1 fire, even if they drain first ( without mana shield ) they will usually die ( if int or another xbow mage ) pallies and birds, just drain ice fire, debuff if they get close, make sure to have shield on vs birds tho because blast shot hurts on xbow mage. :-)