I was playing the new game Dark Legends and while waiting for Energy to reset i came up with a game mode i like to share with everyone,
But first a little about me Im a Game Design Student working on my Bachelors degree in game design...My Idea
Game Mechanics used: Exploration and Collection
Player talks to Time Attack NPC to start game.
Single Player Time Attack:
As the game starts the screen shows a small cut scene to where each gem in the stage is located till the camera comes back on the player
(can be skipped on touch of screen)
After the screen comes on to player
- The player will run throughout the map killing enemies while also trying to keep their blood at a full to half ratio.
- The blood of the player will slowly decrease as they progress through the level collecting all the gems.
- Each time the player collects a blood gem the players health increase just enough for them to get the next blood gem.
- At the end of each stage the player gets the experience and gold that will depend on their time of completing the stage. (example below)
1st place: Set time completed: Experience 25 - Gold 255 - 3 energy points - 5% chance of rare drop
2nd place: Set Time Completed: Experience 15 - Gold 155 - 2 energy points - 2.5% chance of rare drop
3rd place: Set Time Completed: Experience - 5 - Gold - 55 - 1 energy point - 1% chance of rare drop
- At end of race players best time is put on Lairs Leader Board.
This can be done as a single or multi-player and seems like it would be a fun time killer just like PvP has come to be.
Please leave any comments as this will help me to become a better game deisgner thanks for reading my game Mode idea