Thread: History Repeats Over Time As Our Memories Fade and Forget!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default History Repeats Over Time As Our Memories Fade and Forget!

Greetings Community,

History repeats itself quite often, doesn’t it? Well, I think we’re getting to that point in Pocket Legends. Some of the old players may come to realize what I’m talking about - The Combat and Gear Rebalance.

What is the Combat Rebalance?
    Well, the combat rebalance occurred during the Alien Oasis III Campaign or otherwise known as the level 50 cap. The purpose of it was because gear and stats such as buffs were becoming too overpowered. Bears were reaching close to 94 dodge and birds were in the high 80s, if I’m not mistaken. Armor was what it is today, in the 180-200 range. Critical was outrageous, almost reaching 90+ for birds and bears.

Something needed to be done, so the devs nerfed the buffs to roughly about half, something they are at presently now. It was a pretty innovative solution, but not one that would be permanent.

Where are we now? Why is the Combat Rebalance flawed?
    We are at the 66 cap. Campaigns have been planned till L100. Developers had an awesome solution, but they did not take into account the gear. Gear has been steadily rising per cap. Right now, good bears are almost invincible with their 70+ dodge, decent critical. Birds have their critical restored, but dodge is lacking. Mages are back to the same height they were before, with a good percentage saying they are more powerful than before.

This means each cap increase, with the near gear additions is FURTHER fragmenting and destroying the Combat Rebalance set into place. Something needs to be done, as Mages benefit largely from this, Bears second, and Birds have been getting the short end of the stick SINCE the 50 cap.

I think, in order to restore balance, we need another nerf, with birds getting the lesser end of the nerf. I mean, previously in other caps, despite the heavy armor and dodge bears had, they had low hit percent. Now? We are close back to near perfect hit percent and with that awesome dodge, we can avoid many hit percent debuffs.

Just something that I believe should be taken into consideration with the upcoming Humania Cap.

Also, additional information on the Combat Rebalance can be found here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...mbat+Rebalance

Something to think about,

~Parth
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-22-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post: