Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: History Repeats Over Time As Our Memories Fade and Forget!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default History Repeats Over Time As Our Memories Fade and Forget!

Greetings Community,

History repeats itself quite often, doesn’t it? Well, I think we’re getting to that point in Pocket Legends. Some of the old players may come to realize what I’m talking about - The Combat and Gear Rebalance.

What is the Combat Rebalance?
    Well, the combat rebalance occurred during the Alien Oasis III Campaign or otherwise known as the level 50 cap. The purpose of it was because gear and stats such as buffs were becoming too overpowered. Bears were reaching close to 94 dodge and birds were in the high 80s, if I’m not mistaken. Armor was what it is today, in the 180-200 range. Critical was outrageous, almost reaching 90+ for birds and bears.

Something needed to be done, so the devs nerfed the buffs to roughly about half, something they are at presently now. It was a pretty innovative solution, but not one that would be permanent.

Where are we now? Why is the Combat Rebalance flawed?
    We are at the 66 cap. Campaigns have been planned till L100. Developers had an awesome solution, but they did not take into account the gear. Gear has been steadily rising per cap. Right now, good bears are almost invincible with their 70+ dodge, decent critical. Birds have their critical restored, but dodge is lacking. Mages are back to the same height they were before, with a good percentage saying they are more powerful than before.

This means each cap increase, with the near gear additions is FURTHER fragmenting and destroying the Combat Rebalance set into place. Something needs to be done, as Mages benefit largely from this, Bears second, and Birds have been getting the short end of the stick SINCE the 50 cap.

I think, in order to restore balance, we need another nerf, with birds getting the lesser end of the nerf. I mean, previously in other caps, despite the heavy armor and dodge bears had, they had low hit percent. Now? We are close back to near perfect hit percent and with that awesome dodge, we can avoid many hit percent debuffs.

Just something that I believe should be taken into consideration with the upcoming Humania Cap.

Also, additional information on the Combat Rebalance can be found here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...mbat+Rebalance

Something to think about,

~Parth
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-22-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

I think we should even out some gear. And have gear like before, in sewers, crafted was way different from uncrafted, both were good for places, and the crafted didn't just add to the stats, it had different stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swimmingstar View Post
    I think we should even out some gear. And have gear like before, in sewers, crafted was way different from uncrafted, both were good for places, and the crafted didn't just add to the stats, it had different stats.
    Not exactly what I mean, but I appreciate the input, Swim!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

I agree, First the nerfed the bears Ao2 shocklance bears any1?), then they nerfed the lvls (old ao3) then they nerfed the gear, and now what? we have to nerf the gear again. but what about skills? they will need to be nerfed before 100 too. So maybe we should have a different solution. any idea?
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Also, nerfing Vanity sets so they still give a bonus, but not as big as the one that they currently have would definitely help balance the system.

I mean, C'mon, since when did Mages start dodging!?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Not exactly what I mean, but I appreciate the input, Swim!
    And maybe we'll have some rebalancing along with humania.
    Though I don't see a huge problem yet, but there are complaints, a problem. But it will eventually even out, maybe even in Humania. The advantages for each class seems to change a lot at different levels, bears at 10 until mages and birds start getting their buffs, voodoo mages and copper bears have a good advantage at 35, at 45-50 birds are good, I'm pretty sure, at 55 I think it was pretty even, at 60 I have no idea since I barely got to 60 before the update, and at 65, it's mages, bears are pretty good too, and birds are good but it just takes a little more skill, kind of like what you said.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Also, nerfing Vanity sets so they still give a bonus, but not as big as the one that they currently have would definitely help balance the system.

I mean, C'mon, since when did Mages start dodging!?
    When they started pally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

When they started pally.
    Vanity Int mages dodge pretty often. -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

And maybe we'll have some rebalancing along with humania.
    Though I don't see a huge problem yet, but there are complaints, a problem. But it will eventually even out, maybe even in Humania. The advantages for each class seems to change a lot at different levels, bears at 10 until mages and birds start getting their buffs, voodoo mages and copper bears have a good advantage at 35, at 45-50 birds are good, I'm pretty sure, at 55 I think it was pretty even, at 60 I have no idea since I barely got to 60 before the update, and at 65, it's mages, bears are pretty good too, and birds are good but it just takes a little more skill, kind of like what you said.
    Which is exactly why I said that with each new cap, the balance drifts further and further apart.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Too true. They always dodge my blast and repulse...

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Nice post as always Parth, I'll say right now I'm a mage and we're way too overpowered. This update if a level 66 mage had full craftd lilith, we could nuke, tank, heal, etc. We need to focus in on just the key effects for each build. Good thread once again Parth, lets up devs take this into account.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    366 Posts

Hmm what's wrong with 160+ Critical? Hehe =)

If practice makes perfect and perfection is impossible, why practice?
    Oh, wait... No need to practice. iHax.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Can't bears and birds get the same vanities?

But you're right, things are shifting in and out of balance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    380 Posts

Can't bears and birds get the same vanities?

But you're right, things are shifting in and out of balance.

But bears and birds don't have support skills like massive buffs, shields, and healing :/

-------AEO-------

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

As long as pvp is semi-balanced I don't think we'll see any nerfs. The focus of the game was different back then. With elixirs the name of the game is to plow through mobs as fast as possible and reach level cap as fast as possible. It doesn't matter what ur stats are when running on a thrasher.

But assuming your in a party that is elixir free- I agree that we have become too powerful but I think it's because of the equips more than our skills. I'd like to see the gear nerfed, our buffs stay the same and our debuffs INCREASED. For example, shattering scream reduces dmg and armor by 16. That may be a lot at low levels but at higher levels the only thing it's good for is setting up a birds self combo. Break armor reduces armor by 26 and I believe it stacks so it may be ok to be left alone. Same thing with thorn root (I think -30 dodge is enough). Weakness decreases hit chance by 30 and I think that could be increased. I'm not sure what the bosses hit% in fang are but I'm sure they're well over 100. Even with mages casting weakness I rarely see "miss" over my head. Either I dodge the attack or take damage. Nightmare reduces armor by 30 and I think that may be adequate but it only brings dodge down by 12 and I think that should be increased. I'd like to see BoM give a bigger party buff and a lower crit for mages. BoV I think is ok. I think rage is ok where it's at since a bear can really only contribute damage when rage is on. Crushing blow I think is ok also. Hellscream I think is ok on the dmg debuff but I think it falls into the same category as weakness on the hit% debuff- it depends on the bosses hit %. Once again, I rarely see "miss" above my head even when bears are screaming and mages are casting weakness. I realize changing any of this would greatly impact pvp so I'm not sure how it would go over there.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NECROREAPER View Post
    But bears and birds don't have support skills like massive buffs, shields, and healing :/
    Hmm bears and birds have massive dodge buffs and even though they get less critical, bears get some armor, dps, and birds get hit.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Nerfs are the easy way out, change up, or add skills to fix things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Greetings Community,

History repeats itself quite often, doesn’t it? Well, I think we’re getting to that point in Pocket Legends. Some of the old players may come to realize what I’m talking about - The Combat and Gear Rebalance.

What is the Combat Rebalance?
    Well, the combat rebalance occurred during the Alien Oasis III Campaign or otherwise known as the level 50 cap. The purpose of it was because gear and stats such as buffs were becoming too overpowered. Bears were reaching close to 94 dodge and birds were in the high 80s, if I’m not mistaken. Armor was what it is today, in the 180-200 range. Critical was outrageous, almost reaching 90+ for birds and bears.

Something needed to be done, so the devs nerfed the buffs to roughly about half, something they are at presently now. It was a pretty innovative solution, but not one that would be permanent.

Where are we now? Why is the Combat Rebalance flawed?
    We are at the 66 cap. Campaigns have been planned till L100. Developers had an awesome solution, but they did not take into account the gear. Gear has been steadily rising per cap. Right now, good bears are almost invincible with their 70+ dodge, decent critical. Birds have their critical restored, but dodge is lacking. Mages are back to the same height they were before, with a good percentage saying they are more powerful than before.

This means each cap increase, with the near gear additions is FURTHER fragmenting and destroying the Combat Rebalance set into place. Something needs to be done, as Mages benefit largely from this, Bears second, and Birds have been getting the short end of the stick SINCE the 50 cap.

I think, in order to restore balance, we need another nerf, with birds getting the lesser end of the nerf. I mean, previously in other caps, despite the heavy armor and dodge bears had, they had low hit percent. Now? We are close back to near perfect hit percent and with that awesome dodge, we can avoid many hit percent debuffs.

Just something that I believe should be taken into consideration with the upcoming Humania Cap.

Also, additional information on the Combat Rebalance can be found here:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...mbat+Rebalance

Something to think about,

~Parth
    Awesome read. I STILL think bears are OP I kid I kid. I would agree it would make since to bring our power down a bit. That would mean the campaigns would have to be easier correct?

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mothwing View Post
    Awesome read. I STILL think bears are OP I kid I kid. I would agree it would make since to bring our power down a bit. That would mean the campaigns would have to be easier correct?
    Yeah, since mages do a lot of the support.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

i think thats a great idea, then the crafted gear wont be so elite and unaffordable for players who arent pro merchants i also think the uncrafted stuff should have a set bonus like in sewers
    [CENTER]
    YES, cheesecake is deadly